• General Discussion V4: POWERRRRRRRRRRRRR
    9,998 replies, posted
Should we have a "FOR SALE" subsection in the AA section? I'm all for it tbh but we might need to debate that with the mods
[QUOTE=ThermalArc;36447125]Should we have a "FOR SALE" subsection in the AA section? I'm all for it tbh but we might need to debate that with the mods[/QUOTE] I'd be down. But I doubt we'd have any cars in common aside from some specific people. Would love to buy stuff from a guy parting out his 240
Hey guys! I'm writing from my hotel room in London right now! We're spending 5 days here because we're racing in the 2nd round of JDM allstars at the Wimbeldon arena on sunday, and it's getting live streamed. I've taken a billion pictures of awesome cars. We visited Garage D today, and they had like 99999999999 skylines of all sorts, including a blue R30. Can't post pics now, but I'll update you guys later.
I'm not sure we're popular enough to have any real business going on but a small subforum wouldn't hurt. If it doesn't get popular enough for the mods to keep it, they've reverted things back to a simple megathread in the past so that's no biggy. IE I'm down.
I doubt anyone in the united states would want my volvo parts, aside from one of the guys on here.
So there's this black cable in my car in the stereo wiring area(in the center of my dash behind my stereo), and I need help figuring out what it is. It looks kinda like this: [img]http://ak.buy.com/PI/0/500/213725127.jpg[/img] Except it's bigger and it has those metal pressure things on the sides that help snap it into place. Any help ASAP would be appreciated
Antenna Cable?
That's probably it. Damn, I was hoping it was some cable that was essential to my stereo and it somehow got unplugged :suicide: looks like I gotta get a new stereo
Why? can't you just plug it in?
My stereo crapped out a couple weeks ago, it shorted out and started smoking. I took it out hoping that it was a simple fix, but it looks like it's a problem with the stereo and not the wiring
[QUOTE=sHiBaN;36447387]I'd be down. But I doubt we'd have any cars in common aside from some specific people. Would love to buy stuff from a guy parting out his 240[/QUOTE] yes but things like injectors (top or side feed), IC, cats, turbos, gauge, electronics (piggyback, EMS), audios. that kind of stuff is "universal"
I wasn't going to post, but I need to vent somewhere. Short story: Last week lady ran a red light smashing into me while I was making a left turn. Their insurance isn't covering it and my car was labeled as totaled. Long Story: I start to turn left at a green light, lady going about 45-50 speeds through a red light (on her cell phone) and nails my from drivers side front spinning me about 90 degrees until I am facing right. Luckily I saw her at the last second and hit my breaks, which probably saved my life. If my car would have rolled 1 foot further into the intersection she would have hit my drivers side door and smashing me with it. So I get out of the car, not mad at all, just making sure she is okay... She doesn't speak English and it isn't her car... She doesn't have a drivers license or insurance or anything. The police run the car and find out the guy who owns it has insurance and what not. So that's good. I file a claim with his insurance and a few days later they call me telling me they aren't going to extend coverage to me. I ask why and apparently he didn't pay his bill the day before the accident so they have him listed a lapsed account and thus, not covered during the time of the accident... So now I am having to use my own insurance to take a claim out (raising my rates even though it wasn't my fault at all) and my car didn't seem that bad... It wouldn't start at all, but I was thinking it was just the auto shut off or what not. I get it to a mechanic a week later and they send an adjuster out to look at it. The car is a 2001 Nissan Altima with 70,000 miles. I bought it in 2005 with only 30,000 miles... It has new tires, new breaks, full tank of gas, new stereo, new speakers, new spark plugs and all around in perfect condition. Would be hard to find a car 10+ years old in as nice of condition. Well they total the damage of the car to $5,200 and the car blue books for $6,000... So insurance calls it totaled. Now I have to try and get a new vehicle, which the only thing I can find is 10 year old cars with 180,000 miles on them for like $7,500... Which compared to what I had, is insane. All around terrible situation.
[QUOTE=ThermalArc;36448105]yes but things like injectors (top or side feed), IC, cats, turbos, gauge, electronics (piggyback, EMS), audios. that kind of stuff is "universal"[/QUOTE] I guess. I mean if anyone has a Sparco 6-pattern or Nardi or something lying about.....
[QUOTE=Squad;36448597]Terrible Story[/QUOTE] This is why I fucking hate insurance companies.
[QUOTE=Squad;36448597]heart breaking story[/QUOTE] sorry to hear that, glad you're okay though the system is shit man, hopefully you can find a ride that'll work for ya :(
[QUOTE=Banana Lord.;36448800]sorry to hear that, glad you're okay though the system is shit man, hopefully you can find a ride that'll work for ya :([/QUOTE] Yeah, just impossible to find a decent car around here for a decent price. Not really wanting to spend $20,000 right now.
[QUOTE=Squad;36448828]Yeah, just impossible to find a decent car around here for a decent price. Not really wanting to spend $20,000 right now.[/QUOTE] >get junker like us for $1-4K >240sx
[QUOTE=Squad;36448597]insurance faggotry[/QUOTE] Insurance companies are bullshit, some punk ass freshman who was high driving around his 6 friends in the 318i his mommy and daddy bought him a month after he got his license backed right into my mom's brand new 2,100 mile Honda Civic while I was driving it. He drove out into the street while both of us were exiting a drive way of a parking lot and instead decided to slam into reverse and fly back in. I managed to make it into neutral which I was struggling to do since I'm used of my manual Integra. He didn't damage the hood but every panels were misaligned, every bracket was bent and the headlights didn't line up at all. I'm pretty familiar with how front end damage goes having repaired my own and I could easily tell that damage wasn't cosmetic at all. Nope, since his 2nd new step daddy that moved his family up from California was in the military. USAA came out and said that it's $200 worth of paint damage. The kid had the balls to say that I smashed into him for no reason and flew off in a brand new fucking car. We got 4 quotes from different shops ranging from $1000-1500. USAA ruled that it was my fault despite complete proof and reevaluations by different shops and our insurance ruled that it was his fault so we got absolutely nothing out of it. Fuck insurance, next time I'd rather take my insurance out on their face with a tire iron.. [QUOTE=Squad;36448828]Yeah, just impossible to find a decent car around here for a decent price. Not really wanting to spend $20,000 right now.[/QUOTE] I'm sure if you post your local craigslist we can suggest some cars to look at. [editline]22nd June 2012[/editline] You should also claim you have backpain and injuries now, maybe they'll do something.
[QUOTE=sHiBaN;36449087]>get junker like us for $1-4K >240sx[/QUOTE] Not getting a junker. I am not a teenage beginner driver (not saying you are), but I am getting a car to last because I know I am not going to destroy it or be irresponsible with it. Plus I have med school to pay for so I need a car that will last long enough to outlast my debt.
Yo, any transmission guru here (bradley?) My R154 is fucked up I think, both wheel off the ground, handbrake off and I couldnt turn my driveshaft over without MASSIVE effort (and turning it by torquing on the wheels like a mofo). also a small amount of metal got out with the tranny oil... wtf, I blew my fucking engine on the 5 and 6 cylinders, the transmission was fine then, why not now
[QUOTE=slayer3032;36449166]Insurance companies are bullshit, some punk ass freshman who was high driving around his 6 friends in the 318i his mommy and daddy bought him a month after he got his license backed right into my mom's brand new 2,100 mile Honda Civic while I was driving it. He drove out into the street while both of us were exiting a drive way of a parking lot and instead decided to slam into reverse and fly back in. I managed to make it into neutral which I was struggling to do since I'm used of my manual Integra. He didn't damage the hood but every panels were misaligned, every bracket was bent and the headlights didn't line up at all. I'm pretty familiar with how front end damage goes having repaired my own and I could easily tell that damage wasn't cosmetic at all. Nope, since his 2nd new step daddy that moved his family up from California was in the military. USAA came out and said that it's $200 worth of paint damage. The kid had the balls to say that I smashed into him for no reason and flew off in a brand new fucking car. We got 4 quotes from different shops ranging from $1000-1500. USAA ruled that it was my fault despite complete proof and reevaluations by different shops and our insurance ruled that it was his fault so we got absolutely nothing out of it. Fuck insurance, next time I'd rather take my insurance out on their face with a tire iron.. I'm sure if you post your local craigslist we can suggest some cars to look at. [editline]22nd June 2012[/editline] You should also claim you have backpain and injuries now, maybe they'll do something.[/QUOTE] Sadly, If you end up being the person rear ending someone, it's your fault. Literally if your in bumper to bumper traffic and some cock backs up and bumps into you. Your fault. The logical reason behind this is for people who speed and don't brake intime so when they re-end someone for being an idiot this rule makes sense. But for assholes who can't drive or don't have logic this rule makes good drivers end up paying out on there next premium payment. Insurance is really fucking wacky I dunno, When your older you literally can do w/e and your rate just won't go up cause you have so many fucking discounts and I think they go "We've raped your wallet for 40 years, enjoy a good full coverage on any car". Kinda like health insurance, You pay a fuckton so eventually when you get old you can rape the health insurance for every penny cause of your 40 heart surgerys. [b]tl;dr[/b] - Insurance works if everyone was a good/logical driver, The second you add a bad one to the mix the whole system falls apart. And insurance companies like this.
Should I debadge my car? I've heard it makes it look slicker, but I've also heard that it makes it look cheap
[QUOTE=Glitch360;36450330]Should I debadge my car? I've heard it makes it look slicker, but I've also heard that it makes it look cheap[/QUOTE] makes it more aerodynamic bro
[QUOTE=Glitch360;36450330]Should I debadge my car? I've heard it makes it look slicker, but I've also heard that it makes it look cheap[/QUOTE] Im about to, but only leaving the audi and a6 badges. Why? Because I hate people looking at the 2.8L and think "That's a slow car" when really I just got done cruising going 120mph. [b]Cruising[/b] In terms do it "tasteful".
tastefully * DP. You have disappointed me.
[QUOTE=areolop;36450860]tastefully * DP, You have disappointed me.[/QUOTE] FTFY
[QUOTE=DPKiller;36450795]Im about to, but only leaving the audi and a6 badges. Why? Because I hate people looking at the 2.8L and think "That's a slow car" when really I just got done cruising going 120mph. [b]Cruising[/b] In terms do it "tasteful".[/QUOTE] Yeah, don't make it the "unknown" brand car that everyone obviously knows its an Acura. Or the ford that still has the oval. And do something about those two holes that are left behind.
I found out just after the riots here that ICBC will honor your plan even if it's the basic $3000000 Liability Only plan which is the cheapest they sell. I could of watched my car get fucked sideways and walk away at the end of the week with cash in the pocket. :v:
What if I blacked out all of the chrome on my car: [quote][img]http://i.imgur.com/6k596.jpg[/img][/quote] Got these + HIDS: [img]http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/images/PRO-YD-NA02-HL-BK.jpg[/img] And maybe some rims like these: [img]http://www.nissanclub.com/forums/members/117958-ldjordan3-albums450-shadow-picture1299-blacked-out-stock-wheels-debadged-more-come.jpg[/img] Opinions?
[QUOTE=MIPS;36451096]I found out just after the riots here that ICBC will honor your plan even if it's the basic $3000000 Liability Only plan which is the cheapest they sell. I could of watched my car get fucked sideways and walk away at the end of the week with cash in the pocket. :v:[/QUOTE] Should have 'left' it there
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.