• General Discussion V4: POWERRRRRRRRRRRRR
    9,998 replies, posted
I could understand getting stuck but even trying to go mudding in a 2wd with incorrect tires is asking for getting stuck [editline]23rd July 2012[/editline] someone help me out. the door I posted is for a 1992 it says but does not explicitly state it is compatible for a 1996 (so my body shop says) and so they won't buy it. I know it will work because it is from the same generation. how do I best explain this
-fuckyouimspiderman-
it's not just four bolts, I have frame damage too, the pillar is bent ever so slightly and the door doesn't sit flush anymore
[QUOTE=Protocol7;36903168]it's not just four bolts, I have frame damage too, the pillar is bent ever so slightly and the door doesn't sit flush anymore[/QUOTE] oh. okay.
plus I can't paint the door myself :v: I'll do small mechanical things myself but body work is probably best reserved for a body shop. as I get better with mechanical stuff we'll see
I just made this: [t]http://puu.sh/L5WX[/t] It's a bit modified piece of lyrics from a song about Beetles I found I'm gonna have dad make that in white tape and have it in the rear window of my Beetle :')
Since I replaced the battery with a fresh one, I had crazy ass power fluctuations. Sometimes the alternator would work, but most of the time it wouldn't. At first I thought this was the battery but after testing it, the battery wasn't the issue. Driving in traffic today, it got down to 11.5V when usually it would hover at 12 after the E fan kicked in. Tested it with a voltmeter, alt did absolutely nothing. I was afraid by this time that I had to throw ANOTHER 400 bucks at it to replace the bad alternator. Checked the back of the alt and it turns out the first mechanic left the ground on the alt completely loose. :rolleyes: Tightened it up and :dance:
Now that I ordered this audio equipment.. I think its time to get to the doors. Looks like on thursday I'll go to the junk yard to pull a few select door parts.
[QUOTE=MightyMax;36903005]-dumbfuck- *facepalm* This... this dude tried mudding, in a 2wd truck, with road tires, in really thick mud. You can't see it, but the other side is in mud past the center of the wheel. I had to pull this bumfuck out, because his buddy in a dodge ram (which was ALSO 2wd) couldn't get traction :\[/QUOTE] Is it just the way he has his wheels turned or does his toe-in look really off? I got my car back. New gaskets everywhere. All the valves had to be adjusted and still need to be re-adjusted (probably did it warm because they tap when hot) and a new rotor and cap are in the mail. I step on the gas pedal after I get int he car and HOLY SHIT THIS THING IS ACCELERATING. Man, that head must of been really bad. Now all that's left is a new O2 sensor and I should be cookin'.
Driving to my dad's today to check up on him from his accident. He got rear ended from a 2 ton truck. Poor brand new Nissan Sentra might be totaled. Almost got to his house alarm went off, PLEASE ADD COOLANT TO ME. So I did. On the way back home alarm went off, PLEASE ADD COLLANT TO ME. So I did. I looked under the car and a constant drip of water from the side of the water pump/thermostat. I'm 20% Positive it is a hose. Only tomorrow will tell when I take off the bumper and core support. :(
-feel like dick snip-
I... i just got some horrible news, men. My girlfriend is dying. She has anemia, and her spleen is bleeding internally. She wouldn't survive the surgery, she's too weak. Once i get word on what hospital she is in, i'm driving 300 miles to georgia to be with her.
[QUOTE=MightyMax;36910047]I... i just got some horrible news, men. My girlfriend is dying. She has anemia, and her spleen is bleeding internally. She wouldn't survive the surgery, she's too weak. Once i get word on what hospital she is in, i'm driving 300 miles to georgia to be with her.[/QUOTE] That's horrible, I couldn't imagine something like that happening to someone I love. I'm here for you man.
The cherry on the fucking cake is that i know my blazer wont make it, it's too old and wore out. I can't be happy. My best friend died in afghanistan, now my fiance is being taken away from me. I don't understand what i've done in my life to deserve this misery.
[QUOTE=MightyMax;36910047]I... i just got some horrible news, men. My girlfriend is dying. She has anemia, and her spleen is bleeding internally. She wouldn't survive the surgery, she's too weak. Once i get word on what hospital she is in, i'm driving 300 miles to georgia to be with her.[/QUOTE] Oh man. I can only imagine the feeling if my GF was taken away from me. I will pray for her. Be strong and don't be mad at anyone, just be there for her. I know my GF always has low iron levels so I know the feeling. She gets dizzy/sick rather quickly if she does anything too strenuous
Thanks guys, that really helped shibian. I just called her to hear her voice, she's going to get a blood transfusion and it'll hopefully strengthen her enough to get her spleen removed. [editline]24th July 2012[/editline] The poor girl is lucky enough to be alive as it is. She has a heart murmur and a hole in it.
I was going to post about how mad I am at my mother for what she did to my car when I loaned it to her, but hearing what is happening with your girlfriend really gives you a new appreciation for family. I give my family a lot of shit, and some days I think I'd be better off without them, but I know I couldn't function without them. I hope you can get down to see her soon, I can't imagine what you're going through right now.
Max, I'm sorry to hear about your gf. If I was anywhere near you I would give you keys. Hell I believe anyone here would. Just go and be with her...
[QUOTE=DPKiller;36910528]Max, I'm sorry to hear about your gf. If I was anywhere near you I would give you keys. Hell I believe anyone here would. Just go and be with her...[/QUOTE] Dude also my heart goes out to you too, I can't imagine what would happen if something happened to the one I love and I'm an ocean away in germany. :(
Best of luck to her, Max.
Okay so I don't know much about how cars work, and I've noticed that in some sports cars I've seen it seems as though something ignites out of the exhaust when they're going at high speeds and they change gears (I think). Why is that?
[QUOTE=aliendrone123;36912583]Okay so I don't know much about how cars work, and I've noticed that in some sports cars I've seen it seems as though something ignites out of the exhaust when they're going at high speeds and they change gears (I think). Why is that?[/QUOTE] Unburnt fuel catching fire by the heat in the exhaust
Gonna go work on the Super Beetle now, gonna properly set the ignition timing so it doesn't missfire and whatnot.
[quote]-: I heard about your girlfriend -: I'm sorry to hear that :C Byo: she's stable now, she'll be able to do the surgery and she'll be okay. hopefully. -: What happened if you don't mind me asking? I heard it from bradley. He didn't say the nicest thing Byo: what the fuck did he say -: I closed the chat a long time ago, but it went like this "So MightyMax's girlfriend might die." -: and then he linked me something on youtube that was "My face when" and it was a guy dancing saying I dont care[/quote] Fuck you bradley, you're a piece of shit.
I bought some stuffs for the Beetle this past weekend.. I hate waiting for shipping. Got a nice cylinder head temp gauge so as to try to avoid nuking the engine 'cause there's no way in hell I could possibly justify/afford to rebuild the engine or even buy new heads at this point so an ounce of prevention, as they say.. I also got some new ducting to go from the fan shroud to the heater box and from the heater box to the heater channels, the heater channels are wasted but it's still valuable cooling for the engine that i'm losing by not having that stuff hooked up. Some new axle boots and some gear oil for the tranny (it's pretty dark anyways, who knows how old the oil in the tranny is) and an awesome 1/2" drive socket w/ 17mm male hex for the tranny drain and fill plugs new drum for the driver's side because i sheared a head off one of the lugs the first day I had the car, one of the POs had mounted the front wheels backwards to step them out (and I wanted to step them in, I like the staggered look) and when I went to unbolt the wheel to turn it around, the head of the lug popped right off. Also got all new hardware and shoes for both front drums (because why not, i guess i'm getting a crash course in rebuilding drums though) and 10 new lug bolts for the front wheels (the back wheels have adapters so it's lug nuts instead of lug bolts) because I figure if one head sheared off that easy the others probably aren't far behind. I think that's it, I can't wait until the stuff gets here. I went down and registered my truck yesterday morning so I went down and got a 20 day plate for the beetle.. The guy I got it from put one on it just before selling it to me so it still had like 8 days on it (ran out the 22nd) but I probably should have waited since I can't really drive it right now anyways (torn axle boots = no tranny fluid, hmph). Oh well, hopefully the stuff gets here Friday at the latest so I can throw it all on there and go for a ride (after taking tons of pictures of stuff and things, I want to document the progress I make with this poor car)
[QUOTE=MightyMax;36916524]Fuck you bradley, you're a piece of shit.[/QUOTE] That's not even how it went. The video was related and not happy and dancey at all. >_> It was an indifferent reaction to the situation, I don't know how to feel. On one hand, I am sad because this is bringing you a lot of hardship and is a terrible thing to go through. On the other, you're a dick. Like calling me a piece of shit in a situation you don't even know about. Thanks for that. Sincerely though, I wish the best out of your situation, regardless of hard feelings between us.
fellas let's not make this a drama quest
audio equipment, why have you not shipped yet
hey sucks about your gf and all but you're just attention whoring at this point, go find her and do what you need to do
stick it in her pooper
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.