• General Discussion V4: POWERRRRRRRRRRRRR
    9,998 replies, posted
looking at this bug now - [url]http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/cto/3232695309.html[/url] I dislike the custom speakers that are in there though (a lot) - should I just keep looking
[QUOTE=areolop;37435578]or if your me. "Guys, can I just remove the CEL code" since there is no way in hell im replacing the cat.[/QUOTE] Urg I've herd you can "Space" the sensor out of the direct flow of the exhaust.
[QUOTE=areolop;37435578]or if your me. "Guys, can I just remove the CEL code" since there is no way in hell im replacing the cat.[/QUOTE] i know people who do that for real "maybe if I force the light to turn off my engine will be fine!!!!" 2 weeks later it throws a rod
[QUOTE=Banana Lord.;37435634]looking at this bug now - [url]http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/cto/3232695309.html[/url] I dislike the custom speakers that are in there though (a lot) - should I just keep looking[/QUOTE] Wow for a "custom" bug they did not murder it! 8/10 would fuk. (10/10) if it was black with white interior) my automerge ;_;
I just about bought a $850 set of weld pro stars for $100, was too late though. I can't wait to get the adaptor for the back of my truck, slap some 15x7 cragars in the front and run the 15x8 temporarily until I find some 15x10's and then get some fat 295x55x15 or similar for the back
[QUOTE=Protocol7;37435645]i know people who do that for real "maybe if I force the light to turn off my engine will be fine!!!!" 2 weeks later it throws a rod[/QUOTE] Or maybe just the O2 code. Not the entire thing
Put the motor back in the bay, linked to the trans once again, had to leave and my mech was tired of his day so. Should have my car back rolling friday once I get back from my week of work. And it's cool, my mech told me it'd cost me at the biggest maximum, 250$ for the whole swap. Now you guys, have a nice week.
[QUOTE=areolop;37435669]Or maybe just the O2 code. Not the entire thing[/QUOTE] it's more just the principle that "well I'm pretty sure the check engine light doesn't mean anything" and then the car breaks when they ignore it, unsurprisingly
[QUOTE=DPKiller;37435653]Wow for a "custom" bug they did not murder it! 8/10 would fuk. (10/10) if it was black with white interior) my automerge ;_;[/QUOTE] the interior doesn't bother me much but the speakers (specifically in the very back) bother me a lot. I dislike subwoofers - they remind me of the music of this generation and it makes me want to punch someone. still not sure if it's worth it though I'm specifically looking for a 73/74 super beetle without rust and with a complete interior (I find the bugs without carpet on the floor boards completely hideous)
[QUOTE=Banana Lord.;37435842]the interior doesn't bother me much but the speakers (specifically in the very back) bother me a lot. I dislike subwoofers - they remind me of the music of this generation and it makes me want to punch someone. still not sure if it's worth it though I'm specifically looking for a 73/74 super beetle without rust and with a complete interior (I find the bugs without carpet on the floor boards completely hideous)[/QUOTE] Nanner do you have steam? if so add me drpepperkiller
Dat feel when you can only drive 50 mph because spare tire, and you're on a highway where everyone is going 75-80 mph. It's god damn torture :suicide: [editline]27th August 2012[/editline] Also, I have worked 30 hours total. I'm pretty much an expert on speed vacuuming and quickly cleaning windows :v:
[QUOTE=Glitch360;37436117]Dat feel when you can only drive 50 mph because spare tire, and you're on a highway where everyone is going 75-80 mph. It's god damn torture :suicide:[/QUOTE] Sounds like when I was driving to get my cabby. I could only drive 50-55 on bridges and 60 on flat ground. Trailer with no suspension and a boaty car = no fun. But I did pass a Vanwagon and they gave me a "thumbs up". :v:
The only thing i got from other people was being tailgated and being cut off >:(
[QUOTE=Glitch360;37436171]The only thing i got from other people was being tailgated and being cut off >:([/QUOTE] if I was in this situation I would really wish for a car-mounted rocket launcher
[QUOTE=Glitch360;37436171]The only thing i got from other people was being tailgated and being cut off >:([/QUOTE] I guess when you get to drive a Dodge Cummins with a huge ass trailer this does not happen. :v: I love overkill. :v:
[QUOTE=Protocol7;37435683]it's more just the principle that "well I'm pretty sure the check engine light doesn't mean anything" and then the car breaks when they ignore it, unsurprisingly[/QUOTE] Its hard to know when something is wrong if the fucking light is on always. Which is why im irritated. [editline]27th August 2012[/editline] Also RainX - Fuck that shit. That last stage takes forever
[QUOTE=areolop;37436264]Its hard to know when something is wrong if the fucking light is on always. Which is why im irritated. [editline]27th August 2012[/editline] Also RainX - Fuck that shit. That last stage takes forever[/QUOTE] no obd2? or no capability to read it?
[QUOTE=Protocol7;37436214]if I was in this situation I would really wish for a car-mounted rocket launcher[/QUOTE]At some points it was really tempting to do a brake check. There was a guy who tailgated me for 5-10 minutes, even though i was in the right lane and there were literally no other cars around
[QUOTE=Glitch360;37436289]At some points it was really tempting to do a brake check. There was a guy who tailgated me for 5-10 minutes, even though i was in the right lane and there were literally no other cars around[/QUOTE] I'd want to do that too, but i've had enough of fixing my car for awhile
yeah, last thing I need is to have my car in the shop. I'd probably lose my job if my car got in an accident
[QUOTE=Glitch360;37436289]At some points it was really tempting to do a brake check. There was a guy who tailgated me for 5-10 minutes, even though i was in the right lane and there were literally no other cars around[/QUOTE] Just slow way the fuck down
[QUOTE=DPKiller;37435962]Nanner do you have steam? if so add me drpepperkiller[/QUOTE] yeah, I'll add you via the steam website but I'm about to go to sleep so I'll talk tomorrow!
[QUOTE=Glitch360;37436337]yeah, last thing I need is to have my car in the shop. I'd probably lose my job if my car got in an accident[/QUOTE] Sweet victory when you engine brake to brake check them.
[QUOTE=ThermalArc;37435220]just pull the code if your cel is on. christ, I don't understand why some people go on the interweb: hay guys, my cel is on so what is it.[/QUOTE] Because I dont have a reader, all my local shops charge to do so, and I have no money. That's why. [editline]27th August 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=slayer3032;37434906]Try unplugging the MAF and starting it up. I used to know someone with a v6 95(or close) automatic and unless you unplugged the MAF which had to be toast, it would idle at something like 2300rpms and chirp into drive/reverse and attempt to kill it's own transmission. Fucking thing would accelerate slowly in drive to 32mph or something. I found some other stuff on google which sounds like a better idea than mine though. I'd definitely pull the codes before you do anything else though. [url]http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/94-95-tech/282755-can-you-drive-around-fine-teh-maf-iat-sensor-wire-unhooked-95-gt.html[/url] [url]http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/94-95-tech/145152-1994-mustang-gt-if-i-unplug-maf-i-get-much-more-power.html[/url] [url]http://sbftech.com/index.php?topic=2471.0[/url][/QUOTE] Nothing changed when I unplugged the MAF. Thanks though.
[QUOTE=Concur;37436612]Sweet victory when you engine brake to brake check them.[/QUOTE] I have an inline 6 iron block so I engine brake all day erry day. It is funny as shit to watch people's reactions.
I have awful luck with cars. I replaced the head gasket in my car last month, then this month the crankshaft seal goes. Then today as I'm driving home, some little shits on bikes [b]smash my fucking passenger side window[/b] Mother fuck. I'm not made of money.
Looking at old cars sucks. Tattered trim, broken seat belt mechanisms, and stuck turn signals.
buy my old car [url]http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/cto/3231791416.html[/url]
[QUOTE=dbk21894;37437016]buy my old car [url]http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/cto/3231791416.html[/url][/QUOTE] I would but I'm looking for something newer. And not 900 miles away.
old cars... 1991.... newer than 1991 is old... halp
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.