• The official questions Thread v. NOT ANOTHER AR!!!11ONEONE!!!
    3,703 replies, posted
[QUOTE=Kman1;29816579]I have encountered a problem, the RPK shoots hotter than my Field's limit, so what do I do if i buy it?[/QUOTE] Get a weaker spring.
I have 1 experience with an Airsoft Gun, so that shit would be like fucking magic to me.
[QUOTE=cardfan212;29816433]Eventually it's going to be a Desert Storm loadout.[/QUOTE] Helmet
Wait, how difficult is a spring change?
Where can I find an M16A2? I don't plan on getting one soon, but I'd like to know for future reference.
[QUOTE=Kman1;29817170]Wait, how difficult is a spring change?[/QUOTE] Fairly easy actually.
As springs look cheap, maybe I could learn how to do it.
[QUOTE=Kman1;29817643]As springs look cheap, maybe I could learn how to do it.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=catbarf;29809546]Alright, I'll look into replacement springs. Are most springs intercompatible? Because I can't find any compatibility information online.[/QUOTE] Totally. AEG springs are standardized, and all of them are interchangeable with others. They are identical to each other besides the amount of tension, which gives more/less power. The names of the springs, though, are not standardized - you may find two springs from different companies, both of them labeled "M100" - but they might not fire at the same velocity. Here's a useful chart. It's old but probably still relevant: [url]http://www.airsoftcanada.com/SpringChart.php[/url] Changing the spring of an AEG requires disassembling the entire thing and digging into the gearbox a little. There are loads of instructional videos online, but it can still be a daunting task the first time -- remember, never ever lose small parts, and be gentle. [editline]14th May 2011[/editline] This would also be a good place to point out that simply sticking a super powerful spring in your gun will destroy it quickly unless you have a lot of other internal upgrades for reinforcement. Downgrading a spring to a weaker one, though, will extend the gun's lifespan.
I watched a disassembaly video once before and then played it while taking apart the gearbox. Took it apart and put it back together just fine.
The idea of screwing something up scares the hell outta me.
[QUOTE=Kman1;29818037]The idea of screwing something up scares the hell outta me.[/QUOTE] Just wait for Foos to reply. Maybe he'll know more about it since he has Echo 1's RPK.
wait, how is 65/35 poly cotton better than 50/50 nyco and if it burns, doesn't polyester MELT into YOUR SKIN
[QUOTE=Jemminaag;29818398]wait, how is 65/35 poly cotton better than 50/50 nyco and if it burns, doesn't polyester MELT into YOUR SKIN[/QUOTE] It's not 100% polyester, not to mention it's infused with cotton, so.....no. Actually, most BDU's are flame retardant.
[QUOTE=Jemminaag;29818398]wait, how is 65/35 poly cotton better than 50/50 nyco and if it burns, doesn't polyester MELT into YOUR SKIN[/QUOTE] dont get caught on fire okay
Good idea Identity, I should ask him when gets on.
Is the sizing for BDUs any different from normal clothes?
[QUOTE=cardfan212;29818812]Is the sizing for BDUs any different from normal clothes?[/QUOTE] Yes, actually.
[QUOTE=cardfan212;29818812]Is the sizing for BDUs any different from normal clothes?[/QUOTE] I usually get a size down and it fits fine. Don't be like me with my first pair and order a size larger.
Ok. I was going to order a size larger just in case but now that you say that I'll just order my shirt size. As for pants, how does that work? Also, should I get long or regular for the jacket length?
[QUOTE=cardfan212;29819176]Ok. I was going to order a size larger just in case but now that you say that I'll just order my shirt size. As for pants, how does that work? Also, should I get long or regular for the jacket length?[/QUOTE] Just look at a sizing chart bro.
I buy Large Long, and I'm six feet, 205-210 pounds.
That's about my size, but I'm comparing to a sizing chart I found before I order.
so im eying up propper battle rip 65/35 poly cotton acus in woodland digital but theres also tru-spec 65/35 poly cotton ripstop but they're more like MCCUUs, cus it has buttons, in woodland digital and then theres also real MCCUUs but my local store is sold out / i don't wanna e-bay again only thing is that propper battle rip is on predator bdu for 60, so i think i'll get that, and because i hear better things about propper than tru-spc oh and i prefer velcro and zipper :)
What are some pouches I should put on a MOLLE vest? So far I'm think 3 double mag pouches and a medkit/utility pouch. Anything else that should go on there?
[QUOTE=Taepodong-2;29826080]What are some pouches I should put on a MOLLE vest? So far I'm think 3 double mag pouches and a medkit/utility pouch. Anything else that should go on there?[/QUOTE] If you don't already perhaps an admin pouch or a dump pouch
[QUOTE=xxncxx;29826137]If you don't already perhaps an admin pouch or a dump pouch[/QUOTE] I don't think an admin panel is really going to fit on a vest like this without taking up lots of MOLLE space I may need in the future for something more useful. [img]http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k248/whitedog999/visual%20references/UMBTSnakedlayedoutc2108acf387eddacc.jpg[/img]
I was thinking of getting the CYMA P1093-S while I wait to save up money for an AEG, just shoot cans in the backgarden for fun, maybe use it as a "Project gun", what do you guys think?
I read that as "I'm saving up to buy a good gun so I'm going to buy a shitty one thus loosing money that I am saving".
[QUOTE=Taepodong-2;29826278]I don't think an admin panel is really going to fit on a vest like this without taking up lots of MOLLE space I may need in the future for something more useful. [img_thumb]http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k248/whitedog999/visual%20references/UMBTSnakedlayedoutc2108acf387eddacc.jpg[/img_thumb][/QUOTE] Shit thats small.
[QUOTE=FPKawaii;29826776]I read that as "I'm saving up to buy a good gun so I'm going to buy a shitty one thus loosing money that I am saving".[/QUOTE] Right, no matter what context this was put in, I will follow this advice. Cheers Kawaii!
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.