• The SCP Foundation - "Send in the D-Class!"
    5,411 replies, posted
Ah ha...well, what's their policy on drawn images? I was sniffing around the web for an image for an SCP I was thinking of, and I found something, but its artwork rather than a picture. If I used it and slapped "artist's interpretation of SCP XXX", would they nuke it?
If I recall correctly they're not terribly big fans of "Artist's Interpretation"-style pictures on reports either. The idea for that one I think is that the straight-laced Foundation would either go with actual photos or nothing at all. Although I have to admit; I [i]have[/i] always wanted to write an SCP about a living version of that guy from Edvard Munch's [i]Scream[/i], and then make the document picture his painting with the note "Artist's Rendition" underneath it. Never gonna actually do it, but the idea by itself makes me smile every time.
[QUOTE=DTkach;35706241]Ah ha...well, what's their policy on drawn images? I was sniffing around the web for an image for an SCP I was thinking of, and I found something, but its artwork rather than a picture. If I used it and slapped "artist's interpretation of SCP XXX", would they nuke it?[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Ok, now, before we even get onto writing stuff it's important that you all know what to add as a picture. Now, I know some of these things may be scary to photograph, but I swear to god, if I see one more fucking artists's depiction, I don't… It's just… No. Just… put in a picture or don't put something in at all, okay?[/QUOTE] [url]http://www.scp-wiki.net/recording-stuff-or-whatever[/url]
Well how realistic/easy to recreate is the artwork? I know there was at least one SCP where they used a drawing and said it was a photograph (it was a very convincing drawing).
[QUOTE=asteroidrules;35706625]Well how realistic/easy to recreate is the artwork? I know there was at least one SCP where they used a drawing and said it was a photograph (it was a very convincing drawing).[/QUOTE] Its pretty damn convincing, being professional art. I'm not really sure if it would pass as a photo or not.
[QUOTE=DTkach;35706779]Its pretty damn convincing, being professional art. I'm not really sure if it would pass as a photo or not.[/QUOTE] Well this: [img]http://scp-wiki.wdfiles.com/local--files/scp-197/unordnung.jpg[/img] Was listed as a photo of SCP-197's interior taking during a containment sweep.
They said that is an actual photo in the discussion page
Opened up [url]http://watchout4snakes.com/CreativityTools/RandomWord/RandomPhrase.aspx[/url] again, got the prase "tidy offense". This is the SCP I wrote after that phrase. [quote] [B]Item #: SCP-XXX Object Class:[/B]Safe [B] Special Containment Procedures:[/B] SCP-XXX has no specific containment procedures at this time. Research is ongoing to determine if SCP-XXX has any detrimental effects. [B]Description:[/B] SCP-XXX is a collection of generic "green army men", numbering 50, including one "commander". The collective of SCP-XXX are identical except for a single notable difference, instead of weapons and other military tools and such, all of them carry various cleaning tools. Said cleaning tools include vacuum cleaners, feather dusters, squeegees, and pressure washers. The commander can be noted out of the group due to his slightly darker shade of green, and him being the only figure who will move when under observation, whether human or not. The effect of SCP-XXX is manifested when orders are given to the commander (Now referred to as SCP-XXX-1) as how a commanding officer would give orders to a subordinate. When orders are given to SCP-XXX-1 giving them a location of a room, the other 49 members will proceed to the location of the room and will not begin until completely unobserved. Once unobserved, various war sounds will proceed to emanate from said room, although at a vastly lower volume than normal. Including, but not limited to: gunshots, men screaming (all attempts to understand the language the screams are in have proven inconclusive), artillery fire, and tank operation. After an amount of time, determined by the size and complexity of the room, the sounds will cease and, if the "troop" is unobserved, will appear spontaneously at the current location of the commander. After the troop is done cleaning, the room will be found completely spotless. Unless the commander is given orders to ignore any specific area of the room, the entire room will be cleaned, regardless of severty if dirtiness. See Addendum 1 for testing logs. [B]Addendum 1:[/B] [B]Test #:[/B] 1 [B]Subject:[/B] One 15m by 15m room, covered in various debris and grime. [B]Details:[/B] Orders were issued to the Commander, ordering the troop to clean the room, except for a 3m square in the center. After approximately ██ minutes, all sounds ceased and the troop returned. Upon inspection of the room, it was noted that the room was completely clean and there was a 3m square in the middle of the room that was not cleaned. [I]Dr.Clef - You know, we might be able to station these guys in SCP-173's cell. Permanently.[/I] [/quote] Woosh.
That SCP's good enough to try putting onto the wiki
It probably needs a lot more fleshing out, this was something I came up with in about 20 minutes. I guess if I worked on it for a bit I could submit it, but I CBA. If anyone wants to take it and run with it, by my guest, just send me a PM saying you did or something and gimme the link to it if it ends up getting accepted.
I intend to throw my SCP into the sandbox with the image and see what people think I should do with it (either leave it as a photo, artist's interpretation, or just remove it completely).
[QUOTE=Pennywise;35706103]I doubt it, since they have a thing against repurposing or linking up with other creepypasta things. I know for a fact that an attempt to introduce a Holder item as an SCP was nuked before, and I'd eat my left hand if there's never been someone who got slapped for trying to put in Slender Man somewhere.[/QUOTE] AAhhhh man. I would get such a creepypasta hard on if they ever did that. Holder item as an SCP. God DAMN that would make so much sense and it would just be so damn awesome. Maybe they could just imply it. Like, an homage or cameo or something. Like how 582 is basically a Slender Man homage. But I totally understand.
[url]http://scpsandboxwiki.wikidot.com/the-intellectual[/url] Feedback and suggestions welcome. This is my second SCP (First lasted a few hours before I realized I needed to rethink my strategy and took it down), so don't expect literary gold.
[QUOTE=DTkach;35707721][URL]http://scpsandboxwiki.wikidot.com/the-intellectual[/URL] Feedback and suggestions welcome. This is my second SCP (First lasted a few hours before I realized I needed to rethink my strategy and took it down), so don't expect literary gold.[/QUOTE] I'm sorry, but I don't like it. It brings nothing new to the table, and seems a little of a Mary Sue, considering the peaceful-intelligent prospect. The fact that the article humanizes it by giving it a name and establishing dialogue only furthers this. I think the very idea of a smart, peaceful and friendly creature without any negative prospects is flawed in terms of storytelling. If one thing, it will surely never be accepted in the official website. At least not in the current state. My suggestion? Change it completely, including the idea. The thing about the SCP foundation is that a SCP must be creative and original in comparison to anything else on the site. Otherwise it will seem cliché and downvoted in an instance. Sorry about the harsh words, but I see no way that this will work.
[QUOTE=LukeyxD;35699421]I tried to make one. Tell me what you think :v: [url]http://pastebin.com/m4eTQ6ya[/url][/QUOTE] [QUOTE]This environment is to be submerged 400,000 metres in the nearest available ocean[/QUOTE] That'd be 400 kilometres there. The deepest speculated spot in the ocean is 11,03 kilometres. And that's not confirmed.
[QUOTE=DTkach;35707721][url]http://scpsandboxwiki.wikidot.com/the-intellectual[/url] Feedback and suggestions welcome. This is my second SCP (First lasted a few hours before I realized I needed to rethink my strategy and took it down), so don't expect literary gold.[/QUOTE] Seems very marysue-ish
[QUOTE=Drsalvador;35708396]Seems very marysue-ish[/QUOTE] Define "marysue-ish". I thought a marysue was defined by being something without flaw, or using a really gimmicky concept (like being a solution to everything, or being indestructible, etc etc).
[QUOTE=DTkach;35708438]Define "marysue-ish". I thought a marysue was defined by being something without flaw, or using a really gimmicky concept (like being a solution to everything, or being indestructible, etc etc).[/QUOTE] Mary Sue, An idealized version of yourself, one without fault, something or someone you'd love to be. Remember, if you want to BE that SCP, you are probable doing it wrong.
[QUOTE=DTkach;35708438]Define "marysue-ish". I thought a marysue was defined by being something without flaw, or using a really gimmicky concept (like being a solution to everything, or being indestructible, etc etc).[/QUOTE] well he seems endlessly nice and well-read, which is bad because the standard ploy of "dull know-it-all" comes into play, if he had like, fits of megalomania or a paperclipper-style outburst then it'd be far better
Or the glands on his back starts leaking like. Poisonous gas or something when he's disturbed/uncomfortable. And he gets uncomfortable around gas masks.
or maybe the thought of someone being half as intelligent as he is makes him fly into an extreme homicidal rage, so his cell must constantly be manned by incompetent security and the D-Class with the lowest IQ are assigned to hang around and calm him
Hey guys, I just had another idea for an SCP. An 80's full house-esque sitcom that has violent and disturbing acts(school shootings, homicide, depressive alchohol bingeing, etc.) happening dissonantly. With watchers of the show repeating events or taking influence from it.
There's already something EXTREMELY like that. [url]http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-993[/url]
also a Full House-based show wouldn't be as good of a chance for people to excersize their awesome voice acting capabilites
[QUOTE=CheeseMan;35710918]There's already something EXTREMELY like that. [url]http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-993[/url][/QUOTE] Well, this takes some inspirations from SCP-993, but is somewhat different. For instance, the show would entail viewers into watching it religously. Forcing smiles onto victims, as they begin killing neighbors and setting alight to houses with matches.
[QUOTE=DohEntertainmen;35711114]Well, this takes some inspirations from SCP-993, but is somewhat different. For instance, the show would entail viewers into watching it religously. Forcing smiles onto victims, as they begin killing neighbors and setting alight to houses with matches.[/QUOTE] Soooh.. It's the exact same thing as 993. Got it.
[QUOTE=Riller;35711386]Soooh.. It's the exact same thing as 993. Got it.[/QUOTE] I dont see 993 having logs of subjects and the effects of viewing the show.
[QUOTE=DohEntertainmen;35711503]I dont see 993 having logs of subjects and the effects of viewing the show.[/QUOTE] Look, man, it's already been done. Don't try to do the same thing again.
[QUOTE=DohEntertainmen;35711503]I dont see 993 having logs of subjects and the effects of viewing the show.[/QUOTE] It does. Psycosis for kids, passing out for adults. But feel free to write Seinfield-993 if you want. Call it 993-1 or 993-J or whatever.
[QUOTE=Someone4956;35707308]Opened up [url]http://watchout4snakes.com/CreativityTools/RandomWord/RandomPhrase.aspx[/url] again, got the prase "tidy offense". This is the SCP I wrote after that phrase. Woosh.[/QUOTE] I quite enjoyed reading this as for fleshing out, maybe some experiments on what they "consider" to be grime. For example, a room containing an open-top terrarium with a lizard on it, and a pile of the same dirt on the floor or outside the terrarium.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.