• "Mass Effect" World by 2100
    46 replies, posted
According to the [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kardashev_scale"]Kardashev scale[/URL] Humans will have reached Type 1 by 2100 meaning we ill be able to harness all of the power available on a single planet and wont be able to harness the power of a star by 3100. In Mass Effect most civilizations where Tech 1 or 2 except the reapers who were between 2 or 3. But humans wont be able to harness the power of most of the Milky Way galaxy until at least 100,000 years time. SO about the year 102,011 AD or whatever time will be in use by then but itll probably be space time because in actuality it isnt the year 2010 or whatever time it is where you live.So what kind of tech you think we would realistically use in a hundred years if you are lucky enough to make it at least 1 of you who reads this thread will,so congratulation :wotwot:
[QUOTE=Hboybowen;24448166]harness the power of a star [/QUOTE] It's called solar power
Too bad I won't be alive to be the first Human Spectre :saddowns:
The entire power, not just 0.1% of what hits only the earth.
[QUOTE=Kab2tract;24448250]Too bad I won't be alive to be the first Human Spectre :saddowns:[/QUOTE] I wanna tap some alien chicks
[QUOTE=Kab2tract;24448250]Too bad I won't be alive to be the first Human Spectre :saddowns:[/QUOTE] No, but maybe your children's children. :unsmith:
[QUOTE=BmB;24448264]The entire power, not just 0.1% of what hits only the earth.[/QUOTE] 1. Create shield-ball to be assembled around star, lined with devices to absorb energy from sun. 2. Install. 3. ??? 4. Profit!
:frog:
Fuck, that means I'll miss what its like, unless I'm one of those really lucky old people who live to over 100, or if there is some super medical breakthrough that extends my life.
If I'm 13 now that means I might just see it - but then again when it's 2100 if I'm still around I'd probally forget it straight away
Or we could die out before we get the chance to switch to a main resource that isn't practically depletable. Side note: "depletable" comes up under firefox spell check.
[QUOTE=spartan-9081;24448503]1. Create shield-ball to be assembled around star, lined with devices to absorb energy from sun. 2. Install. 3. ??? 4. Profit![/QUOTE] Even a relatively small array of solar panels (perhaps the size of Texas) would supply Earth with all the power it needs and have absolutely no impact on the amount of visible light coming from the sun. A shield-ball could, and would be an absolute bitch to perform maintenance on because everything would be so spread out. But we have no way of getting that power back to us currently so it's a moot point. [editline]06:56PM[/editline] [QUOTE=Bobv2;24448788]Or we could die out before we get the chance to switch to a main resource that isn't practically deletable.[/QUOTE] This is the likely scenario.
The next "world changing" developmental revolution will probably be a medical revolution. We will gain the technology to regrow lost limbs and keep a human being live and healthy for some 300 years or longer, and perhaps even lose the need for our bodies, thus making long distance space travel a realistic possibility. Not only that, but we have made more technological developments in the last 100 years than in the entire span of human existence, and I see know reason why development would slow down. In fact, it has been exponentially growing at an insane rate. I foresee some kind of replacement for fossil fuel and nuclear power within the next 20-30 years, perhaps sooner, whether it be fusion power or some other alternative.
[QUOTE=Sam Cutt;24449129]The next "world changing" developmental revolution will probably be a medical revolution. We will gain the technology to regrow lost limbs and keep a human being live and healthy for some 300 years or longer, and perhaps even lose the need for our bodies, thus making long distance space travel a realistic possibility. Not only that, but we have made more technological developments in the last 100 years than in the entire span of human existence, and I see [B]know[/B] reason why development would slow down. In fact, it has been exponentially growing at an insane rate. [B]I foresee some kind of replacement for fossil fuel and nuclear power within the next 20-30 years, perhaps sooner, whether it be fusion power or some other alternative.[/B][/QUOTE] Not if capitalism has anything to say about it! Don't get me wrong, I don't hate it like some dumb Anarchist kid, but I do think that it would be foolish to say that it doesn't have it's weak points. I don't think it has any future vision, it's only capable of viewing things in the present. Also, it actually has mechanics for preservation, meaning it incentivizes stopping newer technologies if the older ones are more profitable (which they typically are).
This implies the worlds greed for power wont substantially increase in the future, Especially with a power such as China to possibly overtake the USAs in the 2020s or 2030s. Also due to the fact that any 'blacklisted' country developing 21st century energy will also be deemed as a threat to the world and could risk war. After we recover from the recession China will take huge advantage over the USAs resources as they quickly run out due to massive urbanization and paying more attention to infrastructure/military industrialization. The USAs boomers will die out too and we'll have to deal with the flame and destruction they left behind as we make their graves.
[QUOTE=Kab2tract;24448250]Too bad I won't be alive to be the first Human Spectre :saddowns:[/QUOTE] Unless they invent immortality :science:
[QUOTE=Kab2tract;24448250]Too bad I won't be alive to be the first Human Spectre :saddowns:[/QUOTE] Speak for yourself.
[QUOTE=NickFury6;24449367]This implies the worlds greed for power wont substantially increase in the future, Especially with a power such as China to possibly overtake the USAs in the 2020s or 2030s. Also due to the fact that any 'blacklisted' country developing 21st century energy will also be deemed as a threat to the world and could risk war. After we recover from the recession China will take huge advantage over the USAs resources as they quickly run out due to massive urbanization and paying more attention to infrastructure/military industrialization. The USAs boomers will die out too and we'll have to deal with the flame and destruction they left behind as we make their graves.[/QUOTE] Mr. Positive outlook over here folks.
solar power isnt a very effective it isnt capable of harnessing the whole sun energy.
Considering it's been 30 years since we reached the Moon and we have yet to even do that again, I'm not optimistic.
[QUOTE=NickFury6;24449367]This implies the worlds greed for power wont substantially increase in the future, Especially with a power such as China to possibly overtake the USAs in the 2020s or 2030s. Also due to the fact that any 'blacklisted' country developing 21st century energy will also be deemed as a threat to the world and could risk war. After we recover from the recession China will take huge advantage over the USAs resources as they quickly run out due to massive urbanization and paying more attention to infrastructure/military industrialization. The USAs boomers will die out too and we'll have to deal with the flame and destruction they left behind as we make their graves.[/QUOTE] war hasnt been about overtaking another country aka ruling them since the 17-1800s its about money and countries interest in making it
[QUOTE=NickFury6;24449367]This implies the worlds greed for power wont substantially increase in the future, Especially with a power such as China to possibly overtake the USAs in the 2020s or 2030s. Also due to the fact that any 'blacklisted' country developing 21st century energy will also be deemed as a threat to the world and could risk war. After we recover from the recession China will take huge advantage over the USAs resources as they quickly run out due to massive urbanization and paying more attention to infrastructure/military industrialization. The USAs boomers will die out too and we'll have to deal with the flame and destruction they left behind as we make their graves.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=Used Car Salesman;24449976]Considering it's been 30 years since we reached the Moon and we have yet to even do that again, I'm not optimistic.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=ZekeTwo;24448792]This is the likely scenario.[/QUOTE] Jesus you guys are depressing
Let's hope we find the Mass Relays first.
[QUOTE=Kab2tract;24448250]Too bad I won't be alive to be the first Human Spectre :saddowns:[/QUOTE] We need to make sure to create a galactic council then a spectre rank then give the first human spectre rank to a guy whose last name is Shepard.
The fuck? In the wiki, the UNSC from Halo are in the same tier as the Imperium of Man and mother fucking reapers.
[QUOTE=Dwragon82997;24452437]The fuck? In the wiki, the UNSC from Halo are in the same tier as the Imperium of Man and mother fucking reapers.[/QUOTE] The Covenant, maybe, but definitely not the UNSC. They have Fusion and FTL, that's about as far as the UNSC go.
[QUOTE=Hboybowen;24450039]war hasnt been about overtaking another country aka ruling them since the 17-1800s its about money and countries interest in making it[/QUOTE] I didn't say china would overtake the USA with war, I said they'd overtake the USA by being the worlds largest economy and consumer-source, which pretty much will result in China being the worlds bottle to suck on and not the USA. [editline]11:04PM[/editline] [QUOTE=BaconDioxide;24450128]Jesus you guys are depressing[/QUOTE] What's wrong with being a little bit realistic?
Goddamnit I hope I reincarnate
The next generation can have all that shit. I just want my robotic arm that responds to my nervous system.
Lies, watch Blade Runner they need to catch up.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.