• NERF Thread; AKA "Back in 'nam... Darts everywhere"
    3,476 replies, posted
[quote=TheSupahero]do a multi barrel mod[/quote] That's awesome. I'll have to buy a third Maverick and make that triple cylinder mod...
[QUOTE=Benstokes;29385898]You could make it so that the revolving bit swings out all the way, or even make it removable so that you can carry extras.[/QUOTE] By barrel I meant revolving bit, but how could I make it removable?
[QUOTE=Pvt. Banana;29411276]By barrel I meant revolving bit, but how could I make it removable?[/QUOTE] [url]http://www.foamuniverse.com/forum/modifications/maverick-mod-the-k9-drop-in/[/url]
[QUOTE=Rammaster;29391172]I just got the Power Strike 48 and goddamn this gun is loud and gets amazing ranges for a stock gun. Also the darts hurt more than usual. It's definitely gonna replace my Raider as my primary in HvZ.[/QUOTE] I agree with Benstokes. That thing is KICKIN' RAD. Oh all the mods you could do to that... I'm so picking one up once I finish my current projects
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJxnamubmJ0[/media] I dunno about you guys , but it looks like the disks in this video aren't our normal kind of disks.. and the weird shine on it makes it seem as if they are rubber. Hmm.
Bought a Maverick REV6 a few days ago and modded it (Air-stricter, barrel mod, stretching spring) Any more ways to make it shoot harder?
[QUOTE=darth-veger;29419315]Bought a Maverick REV6 a few days ago and modded it (Air-stricter, barrel mod, stretching spring) Any more ways to make it shoot harder?[/QUOTE] You can't really make the Maverick shoot any farther and even AR removal didn't get that much boost. For me anyways.
[QUOTE=Instant Mix;29418397][media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJxnamubmJ0[/media] I dunno about you guys , but it looks like the disks in this video aren't our normal kind of disks.. and the weird shine on it makes it seem as if they are rubber. Hmm.[/QUOTE] I'm liking the way those are shaping up. Looks like they're modded versions of our current line of guns, reconfigured to fire disks. Can't wait to see the stock ranges/ammo caps, though I expect the latter to be minimal due to the size of the disks.
just got a maverick rev6 been playing Russian roulette with it :v:
[QUOTE=swampie;29428413]just got a maverick rev6 been playing Russian roulette with it :v:[/QUOTE] Pretty much the only reason why people buy it :dance:
[QUOTE=darth-veger;29419315]Bought a Maverick REV6 a few days ago and modded it (Air-stricter, barrel mod, stretching spring) Any more ways to make it shoot harder?[/QUOTE] Don't do spring stretching. It only works for the first few shots, but then the spring gets weaker than before. Instead, place 2-3 pennies behind the spring
[QUOTE=TheSupahero;29435673]Don't do spring stretching. It only works for the first few shots, but then the spring gets weaker than before. Instead, place 2-3 pennies behind the spring[/QUOTE] If you really want to go the extra yard, I'd recommend adding an entirely new spring. Pun not intended.
[QUOTE=t-man;29386000]you know how buzzbee keeps making those shell dart guns? Well I think they should make a sort of pump action shotgun, that loads the shell darts like a shotgun. Would be so cash[/QUOTE] After looking at it, I would think that the "Buzzbee Rapid Fire Tek" could be modded pretty simply to be pump-action. Its lever is just pushing the plunger in the back of it back... Then again, I don't know much about this sort of thing, so if I'm wrong, ignore me...
[QUOTE=darth-veger;29431078]Pretty much the only reason why people buy it :dance:[/QUOTE] I have to admit that it was one of the first things my group of friends did with it after one of them bought it as an impulse buy
[QUOTE=Itszutak;29438262]I have to admit that it was one of the first things my group of friends did with it after one of them bought it as an impulse buy[/QUOTE] I made a pointy metal hull (Still shoots pretty hard) around my foam dart, so it kinda hurts now
[QUOTE=darth-veger;29440394]I made a pointy metal hull (Still shoots pretty hard) around my foam dart, so it kinda hurts now[/QUOTE] Why would you ever do that? That goes against the basic principles of Nerf
[QUOTE=TheSupahero;29493144]Why would you ever do that? That goes against the basic principles of Nerf[/QUOTE] For Russian roulette. not for a nerf fight/war/thingy
[QUOTE=darth-veger;29493220]For Russian roulette. not for a nerf fight/war/thingy[/QUOTE] Doesn't change anything. Nerf blasters aren't supposed to inflict pain in any way
[quote=darth-veger]I made a pointy metal hull (Still shoots pretty hard) around my foam dart, so it kinda hurts now[/quote] Congratulations. You can now pop balloons.
I think it would be best if we kept discussion about intentionally pain inflicting nerf mods to a minimum. Outsiders read that shit and soon enough it ruins nerf modders' reputation everywhere. You wouldn't think it would, but then you see the news report on modding which includes that 12 year old's video where he tapes thumbtacks on nerf darts, and it's all like: :foxnews:Nerf modding: safe hobby, or dangerous corruption of kids' toys? More at eleven.:foxnews:
Air restrictor and spring mods increase the feel of the darts, but that's only a side effect of the range increase. Intentionally modifying your darts for the sole purpose of inflicting extra pain goes against the point of a fun indoor game like Nerf. Go play Airsoft or something if you want that. :v:
I've been having a "great" time talking to my administration about allowing HvZ on our campus. They still define a nerf blaster a "weapon." I'm talking to the principal tomorrow and I'm giving him a Maverick as a gift to actually show him what a nerf gun is because the last time we talked he kept babbling on about how he doesn't want BBs everywhere and projectile weaponry.
should i buy the barricade? i have a maverick already. i dont mod anything, just casual fun with nerf guns, you know, PEW PEW and all that shit
[QUOTE=Ryuken;29500428]should i buy the barricade? i have a maverick already. i dont mod anything, just casual fun with nerf guns, you know, PEW PEW and all that shit[/QUOTE] The barricade is awesome if you can stand the fact that it is VERY loud whenever it's turned on.
The Barricade jams a lot from what I've seen people who use it. They probably fire too fast but it jams too far often for my taste.
None of these look like they're modded. What's wrong with you, Facepunch? [url]http://nerfhaven.com/forums/index.php?showforum=2[/url]
[QUOTE=TheSupahero;29493144]Why would you ever do that? That goes against the basic principles of Nerf[/QUOTE] Like i give a fuck
Anyone have any thoughts on the Stampede as a primary weapon in HvZ? (I wouldn't use the shield and foregrip, I think they look ridiculous and would be detrimental to the overall handling of the gun) Any tips, mods, before I shell out $50?
[QUOTE=Shostakovich;29506717]Anyone have any thoughts on the Stampede as a primary weapon in HvZ? (I wouldn't use the shield and foregrip, I think they look ridiculous and would be detrimental to the overall handling of the gun) Any tips, mods, before I shell out $50?[/QUOTE] I understand your misgivings about the two addons. With the shield you gotta kind look through the viewing port to aim from the shoulder and that inhibits your view radius, and I agree that unless you're going to entrench yourself, the for-grip bi-pod is probably useless. [editline]29th April 2011[/editline] [QUOTE=Rammaster;29501160]The Barricade jams a lot from what I've seen people who use it. They probably fire too fast but it jams too far often for my taste.[/QUOTE] I haven't had mine jam once, no matter how fast I pull the trigger. [editline]29th April 2011[/editline] [QUOTE=Ryuken;29500428]should i buy the barricade? i have a maverick already. i dont mod anything, just casual fun with nerf guns, you know, PEW PEW and all that shit[/QUOTE] For general shooting I find it to be pretty awesome. I just kinda with the cylinder could swing out, having to rotate it by hand makes it a pain to load [editline]29th April 2011[/editline] [QUOTE=Rammaster;29499730]I've been having a "great" time talking to my administration about allowing HvZ on our campus. They still define a nerf blaster a "weapon." I'm talking to the principal tomorrow and I'm giving him a Maverick as a gift to actually show him what a nerf gun is because the last time we talked he kept babbling on about how he doesn't want BBs everywhere and projectile weaponry.[/QUOTE] Not a bad idea. Hell, having him shoot it at a mirror. A BB would break a mirror, a Nerf dart won't.
[QUOTE=kurisu7885;29508558] Not a bad idea. Hell, having him shoot it at a mirror. A BB would break a mirror, a Nerf dart won't.[/QUOTE] Plus, BBs hurt when you get shot with them, Nerf darts you don't. Unless you get hit in the eye. But, then you could simply have the zombie player wear some goggles for safety.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.