• The Dark Knight Rises - By Christopher Nolan. ->Use spoiler tags<-
    5,212 replies, posted
Opening weekend numbers released: $160,887,295. 3rd largest opening weekend. That's lower than every prediction that was made, by as much as $45 million. Even the lowest prediction I saw, made after the shooting, claimed $180. That shooting and subsequent advertising pull seems to have made an impact, but like I said, doesn't make the film any less good or change the fact it's gonna make a ton of cash anyways. [editline]23rd July 2012[/editline] EVEN STILL, it came in 2nd for midnight sales at $30.6 million (2nd to Deathly Hallows), beat The Dark Knight's opening weekend record by $2 million, and set a new all time opening weekend record for a 2D release.
[QUOTE=Mr._N;36903995][video=youtube;xy3lQnMwyK8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xy3lQnMwyK8[/video][/QUOTE] I've not played this game but I'm assuming that since this guys like missing his jaw we're saying that's what Bane wears his mask for?? that's not the case at all He wears the mask in the comics to receive a constant supply of Venom, the drug that makes him so big and powerful as well as making him very resilient to pain/increase his healing rate [sp]in the film it's just to keep him drugged up so he doesn't feel any pain because he'd be in constant agony otherwise, which is why Batman punches him in the face constantly at the last scene with Bane- he knows his weakness[/sp] nothing to do with what his jaw looks like or whatever [editline]23rd July 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=postal;36904250]Opening weekend numbers released: $160,887,295. 3rd largest opening weekend. That's lower than every prediction that was made, by as much as $45 million. Even the lowest prediction I saw, made after the shooting, claimed $180. That shooting and subsequent advertising pull seems to have made an impact, but like I said, doesn't make the film any less good or change the fact it's gonna make a ton of cash anyways. [editline]23rd July 2012[/editline] EVEN STILL, it did make a new record for midnight sales at $30.6 million, and beat The Dark Knight's opening weekend record by $2 million.[/QUOTE] Also the highest ever opening weekend for a 2D film
yeah i'm still adding to the post new page, quoting this: [QUOTE=postal;36904250]Opening weekend numbers released: $160,887,295. 3rd largest opening weekend. That's lower than every prediction that was made, by as much as $45 million. Even the lowest prediction I saw, made after the shooting, claimed $180. That shooting and subsequent advertising pull seems to have made an impact, but like I said, doesn't make the film any less good or change the fact it's gonna make a ton of cash anyways. [editline]23rd July 2012[/editline] EVEN STILL, it came in 2nd for midnight sales at $30.6 million (2nd to Deathly Hallows), beat The Dark Knight's opening weekend record by $2 million, and set a new all time opening weekend record for a 2D release.[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=mikeyt493;36904289]I've not played this game but I'm assuming that since this guys like missing his jaw we're saying that's what Bane wears his mask for?? that's not the case at all He wears the mask in the comics to receive a constant supply of Venom, the drug that makes him so big and powerful as well as making him very resilient to pain/increase his healing rate [sp]in the film it's just to keep him drugged up so he doesn't feel any pain because he'd be in constant agony otherwise, which is why Batman punches him in the face constantly at the last scene with Bane- he knows his weakness[/sp] nothing to do with what his jaw looks like or whatever [/QUOTE] Yeah, it was just a joke. :v:
Just got back from watching it. I can't believe it. For me, Michael Caine stole the bloody show.
[QUOTE=Cypher_09;36904631]Just got back from watching it. I can't believe it. For me, Michael Caine stole the bloody show.[/QUOTE] My mate started laughing during the [sp]funeral[/sp] scene. I called him a cunt.
[url]http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/171917-bane-co-creator-on-his-portrayal-in-dark-knight-rises[/url] Bane co-creator discusses Bane in the movies [quote]While talking about the character with Philly.com, the Joel Schumacher film was brought up. "They had him as almost an imbecile, when in the comics he is extremely smart," Dixon said. Dixon was much more happy with the way Nolan and Tom Hardy handled the character. "Apparently, Warner Bros. was pressuring Nolan to use the Riddler, which would have been too similar to the Joker," Dixon continued. "Plus, the Riddler, like the Joker and so many of Batman's villains, is no challenge against him in a mano-a-mano fistfight. Batman will wipe the floor with him in that situation. “I am beyond glad that Nolan had the juice in Hollywood to stick to his guns," he added. "From interviews I've seen, it's clear he understands the character and he gets what we were going for. It's not exactly what I created, but he's physically imposing and Tom Hardy is one hell of an actor. I can't imagine Bane being better portrayed." [/quote] And for those that don't know, the character was created in 1993 by co-writers Chuck Dixon, Doug Moench, and artist Graham Nolan. Funny how a Nolan was involved in his creation, no relation to Chris, though.
[QUOTE=Scot;36904736]My mate started laughing during the [sp]funeral[/sp] scene. I called him a cunt.[/QUOTE] I actually cried and I'm not ashamed to say it. That, and the whole speech about [sp]wanting him to stay away[/sp] really tore me up. For a scene to begin so quickly [sp]the funeral[/sp] and then for Michael Caine to suddenly adopt the most emotional performance I've literally ever seen. [sp]"I've failed you", to his parents.[/sp] I have chills just thinking about it.
[QUOTE=mikeyt493;36904289]I've not played this game but I'm assuming that since this guys like missing his jaw we're saying that's what Bane wears his mask for?? that's not the case at all He wears the mask in the comics to receive a constant supply of Venom, the drug that makes him so big and powerful as well as making him very resilient to pain/increase his healing rate [sp]in the film it's just to keep him drugged up so he doesn't feel any pain because he'd be in constant agony otherwise, which is why Batman punches him in the face constantly at the last scene with Bane- he knows his weakness[/sp] nothing to do with what his jaw looks like or whatever [editline]23rd July 2012[/editline] Also the highest ever opening weekend for a 2D film[/QUOTE] not so much as a missing jaw, but it's damaged enough to the point that the mask holds it up.
I also loved Bane's backstory in this movie too. [sp]FUCKIN LIAM NEESON, I literally cheered when this happened[/sp]
[sp]The frayed edges on Dr. Crane's coat to make him look like a stuffed Scarecrow were a nice touch.[/sp]
Oh damn I can't even express how much I loved this movie. Possibly favourite movie I've watched for the past few years.
[QUOTE=Mr._N;36905000][sp]The frayed edges on Dr. Crane's coat to make him look like a stuffed Scarecrow were a nice touch.[/sp][/QUOTE] I remember mentioning that! [sp]I also remember thinking that I know it would be a really touchy subject to bring up Robin in this trilogy, but at the end I thought they pulled it off really well; they didn't make that big of a deal about it, but it was really cool. What did everyone think of Robin?[/sp]
I just have to say the last shot was beautiful.
[QUOTE=postal;36904786][URL]http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/171917-bane-co-creator-on-his-portrayal-in-dark-knight-rises[/URL] Bane co-creator discusses Bane in the movies And for those that don't know, the character was created in 1993 by co-writers Chuck Dixon, Doug Moench, and artist Graham Nolan. Funny how a Nolan was involved in his creation, no relation to Chris, though.[/QUOTE] Regarding what he said, Nolan has said in interviews I saw that the studio didn't ask him to do anything. It was all fake rumours. Four months after Dark Knight released he had his sequel idea involving Bane and asked if he could do another Batman. [editline]24th July 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=Cypher_09;36905078]I remember mentioning that! [sp]I also remember thinking that I know it would be a really touchy subject to bring up Robin in this trilogy, but at the end I thought they pulled it off really well; they didn't make that big of a deal about it, but it was really cool. What did everyone think of Robin?[/sp][/QUOTE] [sp]What I liked about Robin, I've said it before, he was Robin. He wasn't some dude that became Robin. He was a sidekick the whole time and right at the end they're like "Hey that was Robin by the way, his name is actually Robin. He IS Robin". The Robin reveal was just as exciting for me as the Ras and Two Face reveals in the previous films. The Talia one was heavy handed and uninteresting. She lost the most interesting part of her character, that she is deeply in love with Bruce.[/sp] [editline]24th July 2012[/editline] [sp]What's best is Nolan said "I will never do a sidekick in my movies" and yet I'm watching Batman run around on screen helping cat woman kick ass and not once did I think "This is a sidekick, Robin is possible"[/sp] [editline]24th July 2012[/editline] Fun fact: Hathway initially thought the was auditioning for Harley Quinn and prepared a walk, skip and laugh for the audition. She'd suit that role nicely. She has that ditsy quality naturally and a massive fucking smile. The fact she prepared a skip instantly shows she really knows Harley. Wonder if she is a big batman fan. When she found out she was going to be catwoman she was hesitant and she felt it'd been done perfect in the serials yet still had some idea of how to play her straight away. [editline]24th July 2012[/editline] Just saw somebody on Youtube suggest a better ending would be: [sp]if Alfred is in the cafe and looks up and it cuts away so we don't see if Bruce is alive or not[/sp] I'd like that. Specially if he has a wry smile. People would debate forever. [editline]24th July 2012[/editline] Imagine this [sp]Alfred looks up and sitting on the other table is NAKED BANE standing on the table and wiggling his junk around shouting "When I slap my ass, you have my permission to die" with giant flashing pink lights and macho-man playing. Alfred laughs and says "Cock"[/sp] I am better writer than Nolan
[QUOTE=mikeyt493;36904289]I've not played this game but I'm assuming that since this guys like missing his jaw we're saying that's what Bane wears his mask for?? that's not the case at all He wears the mask in the comics to receive a constant supply of Venom, the drug that makes him so big and powerful as well as making him very resilient to pain/increase his healing rate[/QUOTE] Bane doesn't use Venom in this film.
I'm not surprised that it wasn't as good as Dark Knight. The second part of a film trilogy is almost always the best, but the last is always the warmest and happiest in terms of endings. Just look at Star Wars!
[QUOTE=Dr Bob;36905585]Bane doesn't use Venom in this film.[/QUOTE] yes I know I said that. "He wears the mask [I]in the comics[/I] to receive a constant supply of Venom" Venom was in the comics but in the film it was just to supply drugs to stop him feeling pain. I said that in the spoiler.
[QUOTE=Dan2593;36905312]Just saw somebody on Youtube suggest a better ending would be: [sp]if Alfred is in the cafe and looks up and it cuts away so we don't see if Bruce is alive or not[/sp] I'd like that. Specially if he has a wry smile. People would debate forever.[/QUOTE] That would be too Inceptiony in my opinion
Yeah, [sp]the story needed closure. That wouldn't fit in well. Nolan wanted this to be the end, and leaving it ambiguous would be very much against the point.[/sp] While it would be a good scene, it wouldn't really work with everything else.
[IMG]http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z424/BanthaFodder95/somedaysyoujustcantgetridofabomb.jpg[/IMG] [editline]23rd July 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=Dan2593;36905312] Just saw somebody on Youtube suggest a better ending would be: [sp]if Alfred is in the cafe and looks up and it cuts away so we don't see if Bruce is alive or not[/sp] I'd like that. Specially if he has a wry smile. People would debate forever. [/QUOTE] Holy fuck I am so thankful that Nolan repressed the mediocre part of his brain that gave us Inception. I literally would have vomited anger if he went with that ending. Like, that's almost bad enough to besmirch the rest of the series, just knowing it's going to end with some "deep" and "mysterious" cocktease. [sp]Besides, they'd need to get rid of the "oh yeah, the autopilot was fixed months ago" scene if they wanted to keep it a mystery.[/sp] [sp]The only thing I would change about the ending is change Blake's name from Robin to Terry.[/sp]
movie woulda done a lot better without Anne Hathaway and catwoman in general i feel she didn't really add anything and was kind of cringeworthy still really good
em [sp]she fuckin saved batmans life[/sp] for one thing thats pretty important I think!! And she was very well played and cast I think. Despite being a pretty campy character she still felt down to earth and realistic, she was handled well.
[QUOTE=BanthaFodder;36906608]Holy fuck I am so thankful that Nolan repressed the mediocre part of his brain that gave us Inception.[/QUOTE] Why is almost everyone on the internet so militantly hateful towards inception? I fucking loved inception.
[sp]so i pretty much know going in that batman is going to die at the end[/sp], i'm gonna keep myself on a blackout so i don't know how it happens, cause that would really fucking spoil everything for me. i'm guessing this film is a brilliant end to the trilogy?
[QUOTE=mikeyt493;36907084]em [sp]she fuckin saved batmans life[/sp] for one thing thats pretty important I think!! And she was very well played and cast I think. Despite being a pretty campy character she still felt down to earth and realistic, she was handled well.[/QUOTE] he could have written anyone to do that rather than her though Gordon Blake anyone
[sp]But she was the only one who could take him to Bane.[/sp]
[QUOTE=Itachi_Crow;36907188]he could have written anyone to do that rather than her though Gordon Blake anyone[/QUOTE] Except those two were busy doing other things at that time...
[QUOTE=NanoSquid;36907095]Why is almost everyone on the internet so militantly hateful towards inception? I fucking loved inception.[/QUOTE] I didn't HATE it, I just thought it was totally average, and when everyone around me was telling me how "deep" and "mindblowing" it was, I walked out disappointed. Don't get me wrong, it's not BAD, I just thought it was okay.
Then sucks to be you is all I can say
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.