• Facepunch for Android--Now with 100% less login issues and Tablet UI!
    633 replies, posted
[QUOTE=superstepa;34706942]Can you please make it support all the android phones? I am using the alpha ICS rom on my phone, and the firmware is not detected by market and I can't install this app[/QUOTE] Download the .apk
[QUOTE=Kwigg;34708365]Download the .apk[/QUOTE] But autoupdates :(
Can we get the abillity to make new threads please?
Any news geel?
[QUOTE=CaptainQuirk;34797530]Any news geel?[/QUOTE] The robot drives pretty well. FIRST is taking up all my time at the moment.
I tried getting the app, it keeps blocking me from logging in for some reason.
Any news on the sourcecode?
The whole new posts functionality is kind of crippled at the moment, due to not getting the current page.
Can you recompile for the blackberry playbook now that the OS 2.0 is out?
I might be able to do that. It's a more complex app, though. I imagine a mere repackaging wouldn't work.
Any interest on creating tablet support?
[QUOTE=geel9;34816610]I might be able to do that. It's a more complex app, though. I imagine a mere repackaging wouldn't work.[/QUOTE] I hear it is relatively straightforward, now that QNX supports android apps, with minimal conversion required.
Dope app. Is there any way to see full thread titles without clicking on em first?
Anyone else gets problems while opening threads?Threads open at the page -1(empty) or 0(OP), some are empty and some just have like 6 posts even tho there are more pages after that page
On my phone right now. Smooth... But for some reason i cant open the linux section
I'm loving this app so much, so I threw you some monies for your trouble.
[QUOTE=Lexic;34799564]Any news on the sourcecode?[/QUOTE] You can easily decompile an apk if you want the source code.
I'm heartless. [editline]1st March 2012[/editline] Just testing, new phone. Edit from pc: great work!
So I realize there are a lot of issues with the app, so I'm going to be releasing an update soon to fix this. The reason for the huge delay is because I've been working on porting it to Blackberry Playbooks. Tentative changelog: -Fixed partial thread loading -Fixed erroneous page numbers -Fixed single-tap in read threads view not going to new posts. -Quotes now actually work (had to do with an issue with JSON parsing that somehow magically fixed itself.)
Can you fix the login issue that I and some more are having?
[QUOTE=geel9;34981395]So I realize there are a lot of issues with the app, so I'm going to be releasing an update soon to fix this. The reason for the huge delay is because I've been working on porting it to Blackberry Playbooks. Tentative changelog: -Fixed partial thread loading -Fixed erroneous page numbers -Fixed single-tap in read threads view not going to new posts. -Will now beg you for money every launch, and will not beg if you buy the app (sorry, but you ARE heartless bastards...). I'll probably add a setting that lets you disable this, but you'll have to change the setting yourself.[/QUOTE] Other things I'd like to see: images actually loading embedded things like youtube videos being at least a link to whatever it was long press images to view fullscreen / at least in the browser view who rated
I can't confirm if this happens all of the time, but I viewed a thread where the quoted image showed up, but the image in the original post didn't.
[QUOTE=geel9;34981395]-Will now beg you for money every launch, and will not beg if you buy the app (sorry, but you ARE heartless bastards...). I'll probably add a setting that lets you disable this, but you'll have to change the setting yourself.[/QUOTE] No, that's called being a dick. Remove that, these were the conditions of using the API... You especially don't do this then nag me via PM to add extra things to the PM for your app.
[QUOTE=geel9;34981395]-Will now beg you for money every launch, and will not beg if you buy the app (sorry, but you ARE heartless bastards...). I'll probably add a setting that lets you disable this, but you'll have to change the setting yourself.[/QUOTE] I can't believe you are calling us heartless bastards when you are developing an app with free software.
The heartless bastards bit was a joke :v: but okay. Also, images DO show. You need to go into your preferences and enable images on mobile data.
[QUOTE=Banana Lord.;34990127]I can't believe you are calling us heartless bastards when you are developing an app with free software.[/QUOTE] And basing it on a freely provided and developed API.
[QUOTE=Hexxeh;34990147]And basing it on a freely provided and developed API.[/QUOTE] To be fair, the addition I requested isn't specific to my app alone.
Still, my respect for you has been cut in half, glad I'm getting an iPhone now.
[QUOTE=Banana Lord.;34990321]Still, my respect for you has been cut in half, glad I'm getting an iPhone now.[/QUOTE] I'm sorry for requesting that people donate for a 100% free app.
[QUOTE=geel9;34990339]I'm sorry for requesting that people donate for a 100% free app.[/QUOTE] I think you meant to say that you're sorry for constantly nagging at the user for money to support development that costs $0.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.