• Ask us more about the forums: READ THE OP or get BANNED. Yes, search is currently disabled for blue
    10,008 replies, posted
[QUOTE=Bishop;36524948]So viewing posts is a search right? is that why it's disabled?[/QUOTE] Yes this has been said so many times jesus christ
[QUOTE=Bishop;36524948]So viewing posts is a search right? is that why it's disabled?[/QUOTE] Read the damn title [editline]27th June 2012[/editline] Can we please make this bannable for like 10 minutes, we see at least three posts about search every page
[QUOTE=NightmareXx;36509673]wow holy shit i looked at your profile and what did you do to piss so many people off[/QUOTE] you think that's bad?
[QUOTE=Chirno;36512837]Or you could just search the first few pages and/or stop caring about little pictures at the bottom of your post.[/QUOTE] Its not the little pictures that get to me infact they are obsolete, although keep them coming if it makes you feel any better. Its the whole thing of people making a song and dance about a post or thread being late. Why would I want to waste time searching the pages of mostly junk if I found a video that I genuinely thought isnt late and worth while posting especially when half the titles have no relation most of the time to the actual video itself. Suppose that's what you get on a forum with users who think they are the next Peter Kay half the time.
[QUOTE=chewable;36526612]Its not the little pictures that get to me infact they are obsolete, although keep them coming if it makes you feel any better. Its the whole thing of people making a song and dance about a post or thread being late. Why would I want to waste time searching the pages of mostly junk if I found a video that I genuinely thought isnt late and worth while posting especially when half the titles have no relation most of the time to the actual video itself. Suppose that's what you get on a forum with users who think they are the next Peter Kay half the time.[/QUOTE] Sounds to me like it really is the little pictures that get to you, considering late threads usually die soon after they're made.
[QUOTE=superstepa;36525043]Read the damn title [editline]27th June 2012[/editline] Can we please make this bannable for like 10 minutes, we see at least three posts about search every page[/QUOTE] by ten minutes you mean an hour right because thats the lowest ban iirc
[QUOTE=superstepa;36525043]Read the damn title [editline]27th June 2012[/editline] Can we please make this bannable for like 10 minutes, we see at least three posts about search every page[/QUOTE] Why only 10 minutes? If they can't read the title they probably deserve more time than that.
I don't know if this is the right place for it but can a mod change the title of this thread [url]http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1193566[/url] to 'The Black Roots Music Thread - Soul,Blues, Jazz, Funk Etc'
Done
[QUOTE=Craptasket;36532950]Done[/QUOTE] Thanks
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/SsAKB.png[/IMG] Huh? How'd that happen?
Maybe he silent banned himself by accident? V:v:V I mean it doesn't show a ban of himself in the event list
[QUOTE=Lexic;36532988][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/SsAKB.png[/IMG] Huh? How'd that happen?[/QUOTE] No, it's not me getting unbanned - it's me unbanning a person whose username didn't show up for whatever reason ( [url]http://facepunch.com/member.php?u=406310[/url] )
considering neither the ban nor the unban shows up in his eventlog its safe to say hes a wizard
Funnily enough, his ban didn't appear in the global ban list in the mod panel either :v:
This thread is disgusting [url=http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1193946&p=36534111#post36534111]it really is[/url]
I was checking that out right now - alt of a perma'd user.
Thanks Gran
[QUOTE=LordCrypto;36530073]by ten minutes you mean an hour right because thats the lowest ban iirc[/QUOTE] I know back around when I joined they had shorter bans, less than half an hour.
At the bottom of the homepage it says "38,214 Active Users" What makes you count as an 'active user'? Do you need to have logged in in the past week/month/day or something or the sort?
Why do I see people recieving bans for posting in the wrong section (Perhaps accidentally or unknowingly) instead of being given a friendly nudge in the right direction or having said thread moved to the right section.
[QUOTE=GordonZombie;36536824]Why do I see people recieving bans for posting in the wrong section (Perhaps accidentally or unknowingly) instead of being given a friendly nudge in the right direction or having said thread moved to the right section.[/QUOTE] Because we don't have warnings here, short bans function as that.
question, why do some people get banned for image macros and some people dont? is there some sort of special rank you have to reach in order to post an image macro without getting banned? how can i reach that rank?
[QUOTE=SEKCobra;36536871]Because we don't have warnings here, short bans function as that.[/QUOTE] I'm not talking about warnings. I'm on about the fact that the reaction is always hostile. There's no polite request or mention that they're posting in the wrong section, and sometimes they don't realise it's the wrong section.
[QUOTE=Fenderson;36536886]question, why do some people get banned for image macros and some people dont? is there some sort of special rank you have to reach in order to post an image macro without getting banned? how can i reach that rank?[/QUOTE] If it's not a meme and it's a funny addition to the discussion you're safe; most of the time, atleast.
[QUOTE=GordonZombie;36536824]Why do I see people recieving bans for posting in the wrong section (Perhaps accidentally or unknowingly) instead of being given a friendly nudge in the right direction or having said thread moved to the right section.[/QUOTE] Because it's easier all around if people take some effort and make sure they're in the right section instead of just posting wherever they want and assuming the mods will deal with it. That's lazy. [QUOTE=GordonZombie;36536904]I'm not talking about warnings. I'm on about the fact that the reaction is always hostile. There's no polite request or mention that they're posting in the wrong section, and sometimes they don't realise it's the wrong section.[/QUOTE] It's really not hard to figure out what section your thread goes in, or ask us before you post it. Why would we need to make a polite request to post your threads in the right section anyways? That's obvious. [editline]28th June 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=Fenderson;36536886]question, why do some people get banned for image macros and some people dont? is there some sort of special rank you have to reach in order to post an image macro without getting banned? how can i reach that rank?[/QUOTE] [url]http://www.facepunch.com/fp_rules.php[/url] "You won't get banned if you personally have made an image macro especially for that reply"
And also, /why/ can't blue members use the search function anymore?
^ Banable please?
Hm? For making a pretty simple enquiry? I read the OP and it didn't say why, just that it was disabled. An explanation would be appreciated. And even if it's been answered at some point in this thread I lack the time and the patience to search through each page. [highlight](User was banned for this post ("Didn't really read the OP or the thread" - Craptasket))[/highlight]
[QUOTE=GordonZombie;36537174]Hm? For making a pretty simple enquiry? I read the OP and it didn't say why, just that it was disabled. An explanation would be appreciated. And even if it's been answered at some point in this thread I lack the time and the patience to search through each page.[/QUOTE] /read/ it again.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.