• World in Balance Redux - Now with 200% More Problems
    320 replies, posted
Oh c'mon now, it's only been a day since last turn, don't be so harsh.
I sent in mine.
[QUOTE=VOSK;34560226]Just skip them. Not your fault if they don't send turns in.[/QUOTE] If they're not sent in by tomorrow after I get back from class, I will.
[QUOTE=MountainWatcher;34560321]Oh c'mon now, it's only been a day since last turn, don't be so harsh.[/QUOTE] "only been a day" I can write huge turns for E&R in like 10 minutes, I don't see why someone needs 24 hours, especially for this game, where it's just 1, 2, 3, especially at this point.
Maybe because not everyone's at the PC night and day?
[QUOTE=MountainWatcher;34560682]Maybe because not everyone's at the PC night and day?[/QUOTE] I'm at school 7 hours a day every weekday, 13 hours twice a week, including driving. Plus I often work on the weekends. And somehow I find time to look at a thread once a day and write ~12 sentences, and participate in the currently more in-depth stuff of E&R. It's not hard to do. If you can't check a thread and write your 12 sentences once a day, I don't think that anyone's issue but yours, and when he's nice enough to push turns back because people can't, then I think he's being generous (not to mention (well, I guess I am) that it inconveniences anyone waiting for next turn).
Look I love that you guys are actually posting in the thread but shut up about that shit. I'll post updates every other day as long as I've got at least 50% of the turns. If not I'll send the offender's a PM and wait one more day.
[QUOTE='[Seed Eater];34560768']I'm at school 7 hours a day every weekday, [/QUOTE] You're at school. Try driving a truck all day. Or working in a warehouse. School=easy, your point is moot. Also, idm when next turn is, but pl0x soonish? :D
Can i join?
yes
Doing a turn now chaps. I'm thinking maybe a half hour of wait time.
You should just have a count on how many player slots are left in the OP so it's faster for interested people.
There isn't a limit. As long as I can make distinguishable variations in colour, you can join. A World in Balance, Turn 3 - 4000BC [t]http://i.cubeupload.com/CKEopg.png[/t] Current World Map Players: •Azothia [Dark Grey] - Seed Eater •United Petrograd [Green] - Sobotnik •Republic of Scandinavia [Blue] - Obnobs •The Sol Confederacy [Orange] - UrbanMachismo •City State of Hotaka [Red Orange] - Vampiresrock •Escova [Harvard Crimson] - wizard` •The Unified Holy Lands of Waterwell [Red] - MountainWatcher •The Consortium of Federation [Purple] - Mrakz0 •Ravinia [Maroon] - Mr. Face •Brotherhood of Mandalores [Indigo] - VOSK [img]http://i.imgur.com/QO72x.png[/img] Azothia - Dark Grey - [Seed Eater] National Religion: Order of the Old Ones Technology: Basic Farming Techniques, Copper Shields -Azothian smiths manage to heat and forge enough copper to make a rudimentary copper shield. The device is rather heavy, but it does wonders to protect the fledgling military from enemy attacks. -Men are drafted from nearby settlements to serve in Azothia's military and are equipped with stone clubs and copper shields. -The wall surrounding the capitol of Azothia is completed. -Surrounding communities are bribed with food to join with Azothia and they accept. -The temple in the middle of the city is finished, as it was before. -The ruling Church begins massive purges of heretics. They are given the choice of either converting or being sacrificed. Most convert, so sacrifices are few. [img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/d5/Flag_of_Liechtenstein_(1719-1852).svg/250px-Flag_of_Liechtenstein_(1719-1852).svg.png[/img] United Petrograd - Green - Sobotnik National Religion: Emernihgt Technology: Stone tools, Basic Farming Techniques, Sailing Canoes, The Wheel -Tradesmen in Petrograd devise the wheel, and quickly attach it to an axle and create carts. These go a long way to promoting trade with the outer villages. -Petrograd's 'army' marches through the tribal settlements and nomadic tribes along the coast claiming land for the empire. Few fight the annexation, because it means a better life for them. -There is already a huge emphasis on fishing, woodcutting, and leatherworking. Maybe invest elsewhere? Your stocks of rocks are dreadfully low. :v: -With the wheel now in use, trade links are easily and quickly established with the outlying villages and tribes. It's still slow to travel, but now the tradesmen can carry enough goods to make the trips worth it. -The church once again tries to enforce the idea of a holy day on a specific day, but without an accurate method of keeping track of time or what a 'week' is, it still doesn't amount to much. -A strange method of counting on the hands arises in Petrograd, where each digit on the left hand is a five and each on the right is a one. -Finally, the Church decides to have a holy day one must have a 'week' and establishes a rudimentary calendar with a week consisting of 7 moon cycles. On the 5th moon cycle is a 'Friday', the holy day, when people eat only fish. -A large focus on astrology, astronomy, and time keeping crops up within the Church, and many acolytes can be found on street corners ready to give time or fortunes. STILL NO FLAG, OBNOBS. Commune of the Nordland - Blue - Obnobs National Religion: Secular Technology: Stone tools, Basic Farming Techniques, Stone Spears -Nothing happens in Nordland. [img]http://i.cubeupload.com/F0vNRr.png[/img] The Sol Confederacy - Orange - UrbanMachismo National Religion: Solism Technology: Stone tools, Basic Farming Techniques, Stone Spears, The Wheel -Solian Nomads devise the wheel to help with moving goods long distances. -Marketplaces are set up in the middle of larger villages and cities to promote trade. Soon, merchants set up and the marketplaces become a major part of Solian life with almost everyone buying and selling wares, food, produce, textiles, and other items. -Basic mathematics are developed and a school is set up to teach them, revolving around addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. -Astrologers that compose the clergy of the Church of Solism spread out and speak the word of Sol. A good deal of people are caught sway by their words and join the Confederacy, keen on flying amongst the dots of light in the night sky called 'Stars' by the church. YOUR FLAG IS NOT THE RIGHT SIZE VAMPIRE. 250x150 NOTHING ELSE City State of Hotaku - Red Orange - Vampiresrock National Religion: Hotanity Technology: Stone tools, Basic Farming Techniques, Animal Husbandry, Sailing Canoes -Hotakan fisherman create a form of sailing boat similar to those in Petrograd, but more elegant and with larger sails. -A more organized farming style appears, with plots of land assigned to certain farmers to farm certain crops. -These crops, once farmed, are distributed evenly amongst the population with soldiers receiving a larger share of food. This causes the Farmers to become very angry, as they're forced to give their crops away for nothing by the ruling class of Hotaku. Trade stagnates and the farmers are on the verge of strike. [img]http://filesmelt.com/dl/Escovianflag.png[/img] Escova - Crimson - wizard` National Religion: Cogitari Technology: Stone tools, Advanced Farming Techniques -Escovan farmers begin hollowing out felled trees to create irrigation channels to transport water. Crops flourish with the new methods of watering, rather than waiting for rain. (Bonus to population growth for one turn. Escova gets 1 free army unit.) -Escovan diplomats are sent out in search of tribes willing to join under a collective banner. A small enclave is found that agrees to join. [img]http://i.imgur.com/6WYwa.png[/img] The Unified Holy Lands of Waterwell - Red - MountainWatcher National Religion: Physicalism Technology: Stone tools, Basic Farming Techniques, Basic Medicine, Sailing Canoes -Sailing canoes similar to those devised in Petrograd and Hotaku are made in Waterwell. -Acolytes of the Church of Physicalism teach Waterwell children many domestic tasks to honour the gods. -Scouting parties are sent down along the river to find tribes willing to join together. An enclave is found that quickly adopts Physicalism and joins with Waterwell. [img]http://i.imgur.com/ZI8VE.png[/img] The Consortium of Federation - Purple - Mrakz National Religion: The Dinosaur Revivalists Technology: Stone tools, Advanced Farming Techniques, Animal Husbandry -Consortium farmers follow a similar manner of irrigation found in Escova, though they opt to dig ditches into the ground to divert water directly to crops. (Bonus to Consortium for population growth) -War Parties are established and armed with stone clubs. -A form of currency is established known as Th'okra. -You do not have spears, let alone 'Dinosaur Bone Spears'. -You also do not get to dictate whether or not there's a battle. -Murderers are punished by impaling them on sharpened dinosaur bones. Due to the religion of the land, more people start murdering so they can obtain the honor of being so close to their dieties. Perhaps not the best punishment. [img]http://img815.imageshack.us/img815/4881/86ravinia.png[/img] Ravinia - Maroon - Mr. Face National Religion: Halla Technology: Stone tools, Basic Farming Techniques, Animal Husbandry, Bows and Arrows -Ravinian men create a new weapon made of supple wood and elastic cord made of animal intestine. It launches sharpened miniature spears with fletching on the end to great effect. -A military springs up around this new weapon. -The council institutes what amounts to a Curfew. After dark, it is illegal to be outside. Not many people even notice because they are usually asleep by the time the sun hits the horizon. [img]http://i.imgur.com/CPdNS.jpg[/img] The Brotherhood of Mandalores - Indigo - VOSK National Religion: Mandalism Technology: Stone tools, Basic Farming Techniques -Mandalores is founded, and the local settlements band together in a sort of Brotherhood around it. -A religion springs up in this area worshipping three Animal Warrior dieties. The god of War, the god of Justice, and the god of Honor. War is depicted as a feral wolf, Justice is depicted as an Eagle, and Honor is depicted as a Stoat. -A military is founded with men armed with stone clubs. -A basic form of currency is introduced. Now send in your next turn! If you're joining in now, send your nation sheet and first turn together. The nation sheet can be found in the OP. Subject: [Nation Name]: Turn 4 Technological Research: Military Endeavours: Economic Endeavours: Diplomacy: Internal Affairs:
Wow, you were kind of a dick to Mrakz :v:
Is the gap between turns going to start getting shorter? Like instead of 500 years, it might become 400 or less?
[QUOTE=MountainWatcher;34573587]Wow, you were kind of a dick to Mrakz :v:[/QUOTE] What? His people worship dead dinosaurs. His government decrees that murderers are impaled with dead dinosaurs. These are primitive people. That is an awesome way to die to them. "Oh yes I can become one with god" [editline]6th February 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=VOSK;34573760]Is the gap between turns going to start getting shorter? Like instead of 500 years, it might become 400 or less?[/QUOTE] Yes.
[QUOTE=Ven Kaeo;34574317]What? His people worship dead dinosaurs. His government decrees that murderers are impaled with dead dinosaurs. These are primitive people. That is an awesome way to die to them. "Oh yes I can become one with god" [editline]6th February 2012[/editline] Yes.[/QUOTE] No, I meant the times when the narrator just tells him he can't have bone spears.
Did you by chance read my next turn? :D
He hasn't researched them. [editline]6th February 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=Mrakz0;34574547]Did you by chance read my next turn? :D[/QUOTE] Yes. But I think you're missing the part where you react to your citizens murdering people so they can become one with the god. Might want to address that.
Right, I'll address that. I still like the idea of sacrifices though, anyone have advice on how to make it contribute to society?
[QUOTE=Mrakz0;34574938]Right, I'll address that. I still like the idea of sacrifices though, anyone have advice on how to make it contribute to society?[/QUOTE] When a fighter in the army captures a barbarian tribesman he is allowed to sacrifice him by impaling him with dinosaur bones. Hugely increasing army participation and therefore expansion, at the temporary cost of industry and food. Also this... [img]http://filesmelt.com/dl/cartoon_1.png[/img]
The part with Magnus' nation going "AHOY THERE DICKHEADS" made me laugh.
I wasn't included....Yet..
How many dinosaur skeletons are exposed out there, anyway? You might be facing a religious crisis, soon. Too many followers and not enough artifacts.
He's got one. A small one.
Turn today?
No. I won't get home until 9pm. Turn tomorrow after class and before I go to get my fish tank.
Shit, I still have time don't I? IMA COMIN LUIGI
[QUOTE=MountainWatcher;34587871]How many dinosaur skeletons are exposed out there, anyway? You might be facing a religious crisis, soon. Too many followers and not enough artifacts.[/QUOTE] Easy fix, Make it a pilgrimage that attracts natives... and then sacrifice them :D
I can't wait until we get technologically advanced enough for you to actually get dinosaurs. I mean, what then? Your people just reached their biggest goal. And what the hell am I going to do when we circumvent the world and there's no face of arms or shit? :v:
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.