• Profans Minecraft SMP FP Server V3!
    5,201 replies, posted
I'm not resetting anytime soon here.
hooray
[QUOTE=Lordgeorge16;33473559]I say we wait until halfway through 2012, then we think about getting a new map.[/QUOTE] Retoasting.
Banned user SmokinChico until requested otherwise
[QUOTE=FlubberNugget;33474666]Banned user SmokinChico until requested otherwise[/QUOTE]Why?
[QUOTE=dije;33475041]Why?[/QUOTE] He griefed the shaft in Klippan pretty hard.
[QUOTE=johan svensk;33475174]He griefed the shaft in Klippan pretty hard.[/QUOTE]Oh :v:
[QUOTE=Mr. Sun;33471666]To make it feel less lonely I made snowmen in each house so it seems inhabited.[/QUOTE] thanks. all the houses got filled with snow and my house farm got trampled and turned into snow [editline]28th November 2011[/editline] brilliant idea
Mob trap is nearly finished, expect moderately priced enchanted tools soon :)
[QUOTE=FlubberNugget;33476129]Mob trap is nearly finished, expect moderately priced enchanted tools soon :)[/QUOTE]Except it will be borked when rama finishes finite water :v:
[QUOTE=FlubberNugget;33476129]Mob trap is nearly finished, expect moderately priced enchanted tools soon :)[/QUOTE] I am already head over heels in that market. I will always be one step ahead of you.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/EkUQP.png[/img] Profan's Server: Now causing me to speak nonsense!
[QUOTE=dije;33476336]Except it will be borked when rama finishes finite water :v:[/QUOTE] I never liked finite water because it makes fountains and waterfalls impossible. Tbh it'd wreck the server if you opened the ocean to a cave, or any large under-sea level air pocket (Crampture, anything else underground, etc)
[QUOTE=ZestyLemons;33477151]I never liked finite water because it makes fountains and waterfalls impossible. Tbh it'd wreck the server if you opened the ocean to a cave, or any large under-sea level air pocket (Crampture, anything else underground, etc)[/QUOTE] It wouldn't. You should see how fast rama's plugin runs when it actually works, don't be so hasty to make judgement when you have no idea what actually goes on. As well as limitations on how much resources it can actually eat up.
[QUOTE=Profanwolf;33477724]It wouldn't. You should see how fast rama's plugin runs when it actually works, don't be so hasty to make judgement when you have no idea what actually goes on. As well as limitations on how much resources it can actually eat up.[/QUOTE] how does this work, exactly? I don't think it's a good idea to prevent people from making fountains and other decorative things with water, and there's also a lot of less common functional uses for water which finite water would make impossible. I do think it would be nice to make mob traps harder to operate, though, and as much as I might make use of the ability to climb with water, I don't think it needs to be there.
what karkland should really have now is a sphinx [editline]28th November 2011[/editline] [QUOTE=Profanwolf;33477724]It wouldn't. You should see how fast rama's plugin runs when it actually works, don't be so hasty to make judgement when you have no idea what actually goes on. As well as limitations on how much resources it can actually eat up.[/QUOTE] maybe add some way to make "normal" water?
Or make a block that spawns 'traditional' water from the top, so people can still make fountains, waterfalls and the like.
[QUOTE=limulus54;33478027]how does this work, exactly? I don't think it's a good idea to prevent people from making fountains and other decorative things with water, and there's also a lot of less common functional uses for water which finite water would make impossible. I do think it would be nice to make mob traps harder to operate, though, and as much as I might make use of the ability to climb with water, I don't think it needs to be there.[/QUOTE] Fountains? Fountains were never really that important, like at all. I just think this is how water should have been from the very start, and so it shall be.
[QUOTE=Profanwolf;33479287]Fountains? Fountains were never really that important, like at all. I just think this is how water should have been from the very start, and so it shall be.[/QUOTE] I understand this is your server and all and that you can add whatever plugin you want, but it's quite obvious that the majority doesn't want this plugin.
I don't have a problem with it as long as there's a way to make "normal" water for decorative purposes [editline]28th November 2011[/editline] Mobtraps are a cheap way to get shit though so I'm glad to see them gone
I'd like there to still be regular water for water sources so I can stay in Karkand and have water from underneath my house for potions
Would it be possible to change it so that enchanting a bucket of water makes it produce a source block and have normal water finite?
[QUOTE=Orkel;33479989]I don't have a problem with it as long as there's a way to make "normal" water for decorative purposes [editline]28th November 2011[/editline] Mobtraps are a cheap way to get shit though so I'm glad to see them gone[/QUOTE] You could always just use Minecarts and pistons instead of water, actually. It's a lot harder to wire up though. [editline]28th November 2011[/editline] And god damn it I want fountains. They are important. [editline]28th November 2011[/editline] GOD DAMN IT WHY DO I HAVE TO DIE EVERYTIME I LOG IN
The new trade post is just about finished, should be up and running a week from now. [img]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17239680/Game%20Photos/Minecraft/TradePost/New/Front.jpg[/img] [img]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17239680/Game%20Photos/Minecraft/TradePost/New/Lobby.jpg[/img] [img]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17239680/Game%20Photos/Minecraft/TradePost/New/Ceiling.jpg[/img] [img]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17239680/Game%20Photos/Minecraft/TradePost/New/Storage.jpg[/img] [img]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17239680/Game%20Photos/Minecraft/TradePost/New/FurnaceEntrance.jpg[/img] [img]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17239680/Game%20Photos/Minecraft/TradePost/Furnace.jpg[/img] It also features space for up to 3 people (intended for people brand new to the server) to work for a week in the mines or fields in exchange for a minecart, clock, 64 torches, an iron pick, iron sword, stone tools, 64 smoothstone, 128 wood, and 16 loaves of bread (in other words, a starter's kit), so long as they meet a certain quantity of whatever we have them collecting.
BT... heh. You should also make a giant telecom tower with satellite dishes all over it and distribute phone and internet services to the United Kingdom.
[QUOTE=Mr. Sun;33484312]BT... heh. You should also make a giant telecom tower with satellite dishes all over it and distribute phone and internet services to the United Kingdom.[/QUOTE] You know, back in the day, when I was trying to learn basic lua and advertising by scripting a few realistic miniguns and zombie hunting weapons, BT stood for Brim Tech. Because I smear my name on [I]everything.[/I] [editline]28th November 2011[/editline] Also, i'll do Santa hats for anyone from the server who requests, animated gifs are fine.
do it brim. Santahat Timmy's dad.
Gentlemen, behold! I have written the plans for a new settlement!
[QUOTE=V12US;33478844]Or make a block that spawns 'traditional' water from the top, so people can still make fountains, waterfalls and the like.[/QUOTE] Just continueing on this: It could be a "pump" block that sucks up water blocks at the bottom and places them on top of the pump block. You could make several pump blocks on top of eachother to transport liquids higher.
[QUOTE=V12US;33487168]Just continueing on this: It could be a "pump" block that sucks up water blocks at the bottom and places them on top of the pump block. You could make several pump blocks on top of eachother to transport liquids higher.[/QUOTE] Mmm, yeah. Usually there's a 8x2 canal. The pump blocks will be in place of the ground the water travels on so the water flows into the pump as it flows over it (the input) bringing it back to the output at the start of the water flow. In between would be a simple line of a specific block that acts like a link between the two; think redstone wire, though not literally. This means linked pumps can only be in a straight line unless linked pumps have internal reference names stopping two input/output blocks beside each other from interfering with each others flow. This would be a lot more expensive for people forming farms and lower the amount of farms quite a bit but it would also be fair for everyone with this new finite water. Each pump would have a switch; input and output. They may also have a sign, perhaps underneath or beside to specify other details such as inflow/outflow amounts and the 1/6 directions the water flows into and out of. I'm quite serious about this suggestion by the way. It's quite a nice way to balance everything out. This post is directed at people, such as Rama or Profan, which understand this kind of thing.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.