• August 2015 Garry's Mod Gamemode Competition, Hosted by Mod Mountain
    380 replies, posted
@MuteTM, SirSavary likely didn't run the server with a workshop collection to provide access to the map. @SirSavary, please update your commandline config to be akin to this: [CODE]-console -condebug -game garrysmod -nohltv -maxplayers 32 +ip YourIP -port PortGoesHere +map rp_harmonti +gamemode dungeoncrawler +host_workshop_collection 502639981 -authkey PUTYOURSTEAMAUTHAPIKEYHERE[/CODE] The workshop collection ID is the one we use for our server as well, so it will automatically install and run the map and gamemode for you. Remember to generate a valid SteamAuthAPI Key to use with it. [B]EDIT:[/B] A few other things, while we didn't explicitly mention this, rp_harmonti requires CS:S assets for the foilage, which is fairly common. It doesn't seem like your server has got it installed.
[QUOTE=NicDasomeone;48496385]@MuteTM, SirSavary likely didn't run the server with a workshop collection to provide access to the map. @SirSavary, please update your commandline config to be akin to this: [CODE]-console -condebug -game garrysmod -nohltv -maxplayers 32 +ip YourIP -port PortGoesHere +map rp_harmonti +gamemode dungeoncrawler +host_workshop_collection 502639981 -authkey PUTYOURSTEAMAUTHAPIKEYHERE[/CODE] The workshop collection ID is the one we use for our server as well, so it will automatically install and run the map and gamemode for you. Remember to generate a valid SteamAuthAPI Key to use with it. [B]EDIT:[/B] A few other things, while we didn't explicitly mention this, rp_harmonti requires CS:S assets for the foilage, which is fairly common. It doesn't seem like your server has got it installed.[/QUOTE] Will update the flags for Dungeon Crawler and Jijo. Looks like mount.cfg reverted to the default, I'll fix that. Care to explain the LAN issue? Also, Ragdoll Kombat isn't really an entry, it's just a fork of a gamemode.
[QUOTE=SirSavary;48496512]Will update the flags for Dungeon Crawler and Jijo. Looks like mount.cfg reverted to the default, I'll fix that. Care to explain the LAN issue? Also, Ragdoll Kombat isn't really an entry, it's just a fork of a gamemode.[/QUOTE] LAN issue was me not being able to read, don't worry about it!
[QUOTE=NicDasomeone;48496533]LAN issue was me not being able to read, don't worry about it![/QUOTE] Ah okay. For future reference, what is the issue in particular? The gamemodes are running off of my development box and want to keep it locked down. Also, all 3 gamemodes should work properly now.
[QUOTE=SirSavary;48496567]Ah okay. For future reference, what is the issue in particular? The gamemodes are running off of my development box and want to keep it locked down. Also, all 3 gamemodes should work properly now.[/QUOTE] It was requesting two packages from what seemed like a LAN address (seeing as your IP starts with 198, not 192), I was mistaken. (For comparison I use the 10.x.x.x subnet, so couldn't have been local). Whether it was fetching from itself or from another local box (NAS Unit?) I can't remember, but yeah. To be honest, in the future I would go with cloud hosting, it might work out as a little cost, but that way your home box and connection won't get slaughtered.
[QUOTE=NicDasomeone;48496583]It was requesting two packages from what seemed like a LAN address (seeing as your IP starts with 198, not 192), I was mistaken. (For comparison I use the 10.x.x.x subnet, so couldn't have been local). Whether it was fetching from itself or from another local box (NAS Unit?) I can't remember, but yeah. To be honest, in the future I would go with cloud hosting, it might work out as a little cost, but that way your home box and connection won't get slaughtered.[/QUOTE] Okay, I understand now. This isn't my home box btw, it's one of many servers / machines I lease out of a DC. My home "server" is just a build farm.
[QUOTE=SirSavary;48496610]Okay, I understand now. This isn't my home box btw, it's one of many servers / machines I lease out of a DC. My home "server" is just a build farm.[/QUOTE] Right no worries then!
Here's a teaser trailer for our DLC for SkyView; "Skyview: ARCADE MODE" We've added a ton of features, which you can see in the video below. [video=youtube;V7tDubBroGs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7tDubBroGs[/video] The video's quality is a little bit on the arse side because I have no good video editing software at the moment!
the video is perfect editing should always reflect content it is all ridiculous
[QUOTE=robowurmz;48532649]Here's a teaser trailer for our DLC for SkyView; "Skyview: ARCADE MODE" We've added a ton of features, which you can see in the video below. [video=youtube;V7tDubBroGs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7tDubBroGs[/video] The video's quality is a little bit on the arse side because I have no good video editing software at the moment![/QUOTE] i love you edit: in all seriousness, thank you very much. you've added so much more to the gamemode, it's really nice!
I noted that the server is mis-configured for Above Skies. The map is currently: slender_forest.bsp? Also, are you allowed to bugfix/fix major errors as long you're not adding content?: - Towers don't reset on round end. - Gamemode not resetting when server is empty. I haven't received any messages and kinda curious/unnerved if it even runs on the server. P.S. I won't contribute to the DLC weeks. Simply cause I'll end up creating content instead if DLC's.
[QUOTE=tyguy;48533169]i love you edit: in all seriousness, thank you very much. you've added so much more to the gamemode, it's really nice![/QUOTE] I took the liberty to steal code from @MCormack1994 and @Robowurmz's repo and put it on a server. (I swear I didn't ask permission. :poot:) So yeah, you can join the test server running the Arcade DLC of SkyView here: [URL="steam://connect/185.38.148.65:27235"]SkyView - Arcade DLC [Test Server][/URL]
[QUOTE=NicDasomeone;48546839]I took the liberty to steal code from @MCormack1994 and @Robowurmz's repo and put it on a server. (I swear I didn't ask permission. :poot:) So yeah, you can join the test server running the Arcade DLC of SkyView here: [URL="steam://connect/185.38.148.65:27235"]SkyView - Arcade DLC [Test Server][/URL][/QUOTE] sorry just saw this, will play it now! edit: this is amazing. there seems to be something wrong with the files being downloaded or something (death marker textures missing, and sounds like announcer)
Unfortunately due to some personal issues I wasn't able to finish the DLC and I'll be dropping out.
[QUOTE=tyguy;48569992]sorry just saw this, will play it now! edit: this is amazing. there seems to be something wrong with the files being downloaded or something (death marker textures missing, and sounds like announcer)[/QUOTE] Yeah sorry we didn't really test for that, our local version is fixed now & we'll update the server soon. We've also posted it on Workshop here: [url]http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=507373716[/url] If you send us your Steam ID page we'll add you as contributer
[QUOTE=mcormack1994;48570582]Yeah sorry we didn't really test for that, our local version is fixed now & we'll update the server soon. We've also posted it on Workshop here: [url]http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=507373716[/url] If you send us your Steam ID page we'll add you as contributer[/QUOTE] Glad to hear it! I'll private message you my Steam ID page.
[QUOTE=zeaga;48570134]Unfortunately due to some personal issues I wasn't able to finish the DLC and I'll be dropping out.[/QUOTE] Yeah, same here. Honestly can't be assed at this point to make anything + stuff is starting to get busy. (Dropping out of DLC too.)
[QUOTE=tyguy;48569992]sorry just saw this, will play it now! edit: this is amazing. there seems to be something wrong with the files being downloaded or something (death marker textures missing, and sounds like announcer)[/QUOTE] I've updated the server to just auto-apply the latest workshop revision. I think Matt is updating it later today, but I'm not entirely sure. I'll be at work yet again, so see ya all tomorrow.
Contest ends in 1 hour and 8 minutes I believe!
Well its been 6 hours so I guess its over
That is if he was right about the time
It's now the fifth of September. What's going on with the contest? lol Edit: Message from SirSavary! [img]http://puu.sh/k1bE9/5da6b31945.png[/img]
[QUOTE=tyguy;48622631]It's now the fifth of September. What's going on with the contest? lol Edit: Message from SirSavary! [img]http://puu.sh/k1bE9/5da6b31945.png[/img][/QUOTE] He can use Steam but not Facepunch.. What? I assume he's on a smartphone or a friend's computer, so what's stopping him from coming here?
[QUOTE=zeaga;48622875]He can use Steam but not Facepunch.. What? I assume he's on a smartphone or a friend's computer, so what's stopping him from coming here?[/QUOTE] [img]http://puu.sh/k1eRk/b44791b370.png[/img]
:snip: I don't know, it's just really odd.
[QUOTE=tyguy;48622927]Snippety snip :joy:[/QUOTE] It takes around 5 seconds to set a new password by getting an email sent, so the LastPass excuse is pretty thin tbh. That, and it's clearly been another 24 hours. I hope OP has a better explanation such as "I couldn't reset my password as my email is on some obscure encrypted server with the password for that also on LastPass". :tinfoil: Essentially what we can learn from this is: Never trust OP to remember his password, and don't use LastPass without having a bloody way of accessing it. :glare::glare:
[QUOTE=NicDasomeone;48628663]:words:[/QUOTE] Don't be so uptight, Shit happens and shit comes up, People are going to get there prizes and you acting snippy because prizes didn't get handed out fast enough doesn't help the situation Also I would love to add to this fact that MAYBE people don't have easy as fuck passwords to put in? All my passwords are Symbols/Numbers/Letters, So I sure as hell wouldn't be logging in
I start to think that I have to host my gamemode .. since the server its hosted on are unplayable and been configed for a slender-gamemode the whole time -.-' Oh well .. didn't make it for the prize, but for the reputation. However I did hope that I at least could get some sort of feedback.
[QUOTE=BigBadWilly;48628811]Don't be so uptight, Shit happens and shit comes up, People are going to get there prizes and you acting snippy because prizes didn't get handed out fast enough doesn't help the situation Also I would love to add to this fact that MAYBE people don't have easy as fuck passwords to put in? All my passwords are Symbols/Numbers/Letters, So I sure as hell wouldn't be logging in[/QUOTE] I'm not in it for the prizes, and honestly couldn't care less about them, as I've already told my teammates, that due to them working more than me, any prizes would go 100% to them. What I do care about however, is someone who is running a company doesn't even have a backup solution to LastPass. And your argument about not having easy as fuck passwords? Well I don't have "easy as fuck passwords" (Minimum 16 symbols, completely randomized), and I remember them for all my important things. While using LastPass is a great idea for longer passwords, then make sure you have a backup solution to it. You're right though, shit happens, but that doesn't explain the [DEL]complete[/DEL] lack of updates and seemingly lack of interest on his behalf throughout the competition.
[QUOTE=NicDasomeone;48628835]that doesn't explain the [DEL]complete[/DEL] lack of updates and seemingly lack of interest on his behalf throughout the competition.[/QUOTE] This is my biggest concern and one of the reasons (originally) that I dropped out. I hope he doesn't handle things the same way in the future, because I really was looking forward to this contest and I'm pretty sad that it didn't go as planned. I'm also confused as to why he had to have you (tyguy) act as a messenger for me regarding the password thing and yet he has me as a friend on Steam. He's not even responding to my Steam messages even when he's online, so it just seems really fishy.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.