• Android
    5,002 replies, posted
[QUOTE=PyroCF;27507134]See if z4root supports your phone first. Easy to root via that app.[/QUOTE] [url]http://unrevoked.com/[/url] is what HTC users use. Just make sure you have HBOOT drivers installed, and you're in luck.
Guys i just got a galaxy tab. Should i get the avg app? Im wondering how at risk i am from apps and on the web. Thanks. Oh what, silent mode says it silences all sounds, yet i just played a game which was very clearly making noise. Im on android 2.2.
[QUOTE=Jallen;27507720]Guys i just got a galaxy tab. Should i get the avg app? Im wondering how at risk i am from apps and on the web. Thanks.[/QUOTE] I'm pretty sure antivirus apps for Android are just dickwaving, I doubt there's many (if any) viruses for it and every process in Android is sandboxed anyway.
Awesome stuff in the world of the Fascinate. Kaos released V3 of his Froyo rom, lacking some features, but most of it is working. It took him a few weeks to get that going. And this just in, on the IRC, JT just compiled a vanilla version of Froyo for the hell of it and it apparently worked right away, with more features working than in Kaos's rom. Heh.
I cant wait for 2.2 to be working on the fascinates. using my fascinate with 2.1 and Voodoo right now. 2.2 seems so close!
[QUOTE=Awt2 x;27513425]I cant wait for 2.2 to be working on the fascinates. using my fascinate with 2.1 and Voodoo right now. 2.2 seems so close![/QUOTE] Use Kaoscinate right now if you wish; you just don't have MMS, video, camera, or GPS functionality. [editline]18th January 2011[/editline] or bluetooth.
I need my MMS and GPS. once they are working im for sure flashing it.
Quick question: How quickly do you lose 1% of battery on a SGS when doing something?
[QUOTE=matthall765;27514011]Quick question: How quickly do you lose 1% of battery on a SGS when doing something?[/QUOTE] No fucking clue, I have the same issue. I hate it so much.
[QUOTE=matthall765;27514011]Quick question: How quickly do you lose 1% of battery on a SGS when doing something?[/QUOTE] My battery life is terrible with my Epic. Usually I make it to the end of the day with 20ish charge left. I'm afraid to mess around with my phone during the day. If I browse through a few of my apps I can make a big chunk of my battery drain in a few minutes.
Turn your screen brightness all the way down (if you haven't already). If you look on the batter usage statistics, the single biggest user of battery (especially for SAMOLED devices) is the screen. Also, if you have low cell signal, turn 3g data off. Also, JuiceDefender is an awesome app that will extend you battery life A LOT.
Another way to make sure you are getting the most of your phones battery is to turn it off and charge it for one night. My mom's Incredible had a huge problem with the battery until she did this.
[QUOTE=roflcakes;27503742][url]http://lifehacker.com/5736836/this-is-why-your-galaxy-s-phones-havent-updated-past-21[/url] Oh Samsung, r u fo real?[/QUOTE] I am officially never buying Samsung again.
[url]http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/18/samsung-says-it-isnt-charging-carriers-for-android-updates-pro/[/url]
[QUOTE=Xion12;27515789]Another way to make sure you are getting the most of your phones battery is to turn it off and charge it for one night. My mom's Incredible had a huge problem with the battery until she did this.[/QUOTE] This is similar to calibrating your battery. The device simply needs to know where to charge too max. So you charge first with Android started up, unplug, shutdown android, charge it while being off again and boot up. Now the battery should be calibrated. But it is not an effect of the battery itself, since Li-Ion batterys do not show this behaviour.
CM7 on my Incredible is running like butter so far. I have Lookout(for no good reason) installed, and literally, the notifications are instantly "Blah is safe..." before it even can say scanning.
Tried CM7 on my Desire Z, it lagged a bit and home, back etc. buttons didn't work.
CM7 works fine on my phone :D
[url]http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/19/samsungs-galaxy-s-is-set-for-an-evolution-at-mwc-in-february/[/url] Cool, can't wait to see what kinda supafoun the next Galaxy S will be.
Does Pandora radio works outside US? Also, planning to get rid of my milestone after this year. Anyone know what upcoming phone I should get? I need one that doesn't overheats like shitty milestone, and have a big screen, and a good CPU. Also, someone tell me what's so good about Cyanogen mod. Using Launcherpro currently, but what benefits are there? Is it really worth it to change for my milestone?
[QUOTE=Ignhelper;27519386]Does Pandora radio works outside US? Also, planning to get rid of my milestone after this year. Anyone know what upcoming phone I should get? I need one that doesn't overheats like shitty milestone, and have a big screen, and a good CPU. Also, someone tell me what's so good about Cyanogen mod. Using Launcherpro currently, but what benefits are there? Is it really worth it to change for my milestone?[/QUOTE] Nope. My younger brother discovered this much to his frustration after basically fabricating an entire American identity in an attempt to get it to work. Wait until all the super-duper CES phones hit the market. You'll have to wait 3-6 months for them, but it'll be so worth it. In my experience, Cyannogen added a bunch of little features that I felt were missing from vanilla (Like a lockscreen slider that takes you straight to your messaging app of choice and power control widget style toggles in the notification menu) and improved the performance of my ageing device somewhat. Try it out, I guess. You've got nothing to lose.
Check out this shirt my dad got for me :3: [img]http://img.loldepot.com/a284381a1cc1125a1147.jpeg[/img]
If they do those in black, I'm having one!
By the way, who's taking the next thread ?
Need a big update to OP pictures.
[QUOTE=Calkkuna;27517250]Tried CM7 on my Desire Z, it lagged a bit and home, back etc. buttons didn't work.[/QUOTE] Yeah, that's why it's only Nightly at the moment. I'm looking forward for the final version (for my normal Desire), where most bugs are sorted out.
[QUOTE=Fatal-Error;27521122]If they do those in black, I'm having one![/QUOTE] My dad owns a company that prints on t-shirts, caps, and whatever :P. So if you know how to ship something from Russia to wherever you live in, send me a PM.
[QUOTE=aVoN;27522025]Yeah, that's why it's only Nightly at the moment. I'm looking forward for the final version (for my normal Desire), where most bugs are sorted out.[/QUOTE] I had the same problem with CM6 though, but there was a fix for it.
[QUOTE=DrKinkyKinkles;27514777]My battery life is terrible with my Epic. Usually I make it to the end of the day with 20ish charge left. I'm afraid to mess around with my phone during the day. If I browse through a few of my apps I can make a big chunk of my battery drain in a few minutes.[/QUOTE] My Fascinate dies around 2 or 3 PM, with no use at all during the day.
What happend to paying with Paypal on the android market in 2010.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.