• Android
    5,002 replies, posted
The same thing that happened to Froyo on the Fascinate.
do all android phones have mobile hot spot apps for them? i am looking for an android phone and the mobile hotspot would be perfect with my laptop.
[QUOTE=gerbile5;27530457]do all android phones have mobile hot spot apps for them? i am looking for an android phone and the mobile hotspot would be perfect with my laptop.[/QUOTE] Froyo comes with tethering built-in, otherwise there are a few good apps, but you have to root first to use them Also, I was wondering if anyone knew of any good swf viewing apps that allow you to use a keyboard?
There aren't any. It's an inherent limitation in flash mobile (fuck you Adobe, maybe I want to play flash games that don't involve dragging shit with my finger).
I hate my phone, Samsung makes the worst phones. Worst part is that I'm stuck with it and Sprint until 2012. GREAT.
It's not so bad.
Next thread's OP needs to be updated on a daily basis. Not like the OP for this thread.
[QUOTE=ArctixFawx;27532434]I hate my phone, Samsung makes the worst phones. Worst part is that I'm stuck with it and Sprint until 2012. GREAT.[/QUOTE] What exactly is wrong with samsung phones?
[QUOTE=Jallen;27540596]What exactly is wrong with samsung phones?[/QUOTE] Apart from official updates.
[QUOTE=roflcakes;27503742][url]http://lifehacker.com/5736836/this-is-why-your-galaxy-s-phones-havent-updated-past-21[/url] Oh Samsung, r u fo real?[/QUOTE] But they are on 2.2 in Europe... [editline]20th January 2011[/editline] [QUOTE=Fatal-Error;27502733]Oh I dont know, a 7" Android tablet would sit nicely in my bag, ready to be used when I need it. To be completely honest I find netbooks a bit of a pain. The trackpad and keyboards are ususaly crap. I would rather just use an on screen one. Not to mention it will run well. Unlike a netbook trying to run windows 7.[/QUOTE] But my netbook is running windows 7 quite fine. it even has a longer battery life now than with XP.
I really don't get all the hate for Samsung. Motorola didn't update their Milestone to 2.2 and that's muuuch older (still released with Eclair though) and has a locked bootloader.
[QUOTE=Notnotprobydoby;27530009]What happend to paying with Paypal on the android market in 2010.[/QUOTE] Paypal sucks and google checkout means monies for google.
Got my Google Nexus S today. It's so awesome!
[QUOTE=PiXeN;27543584]Paypal sucks and google checkout means monies for google.[/QUOTE] Not if they ignore alot of potentional customers that cba to get a creditcard just because one company refuses to support multiple payment methods. I really don't see the benefits of creditcards, basically you pay money, but instead of it being withdrawn from your bank account, it just adds debt to the creditcard and you have to pay the credit card company? This only adds the possibility to spend money you don't have, which isn't a good idea to begin with.
[QUOTE=ArctixFawx;27532434]I hate my phone, Samsung makes the worst phones. Worst part is that I'm stuck with it and Sprint until 2012. GREAT.[/QUOTE] Install custom ROMs and you won't hate your phone.
Finally got my HTC Magic out of the boot loop it got stuck in. Got it running official Vodafone 2.2.1, it's only taken me a month.
[QUOTE=Notnotprobydoby;27548283]Not if they ignore alot of potentional customers that cba to get a creditcard just because one company refuses to support multiple payment methods. I really don't see the benefits of creditcards, basically you pay money, but instead of it being withdrawn from your bank account, it just adds debt to the creditcard and you have to pay the credit card company? This only adds the possibility to spend money you don't have, which isn't a good idea to begin with.[/QUOTE] Debit card + Bank Account = exactly like PayPal You can get a PayPal debit card too
[QUOTE=Notnotprobydoby;27548283]Not if they ignore alot of potentional customers that cba to get a creditcard just because one company refuses to support multiple payment methods. I really don't see the benefits of creditcards, basically you pay money, but instead of it being withdrawn from your bank account, it just adds debt to the creditcard and you have to pay the credit card company? This only adds the possibility to spend money you don't have, which isn't a good idea to begin with.[/QUOTE]Brotip: Debit cards behave exactly like credit cards. Except they actually take money away from your bank account.
What android phone should i get? I have Verizon as a carrier. The only thing I need is the mobile hotspot thing
Fascinate is the fastest by far, but has the worst support update-wise. Droid 2 if you want a keyboard. I'd recommend you wait for new Tegra 2 phones from CES, though. (Dual core, 1gb RAM, etc)
and that's a rap lets hope the next thread has a more updated OP
dicks
[QUOTE=Combine_dumb;27555604]and that's a rap lets hope the next thread has a more updated OP[/QUOTE] Yeah, please Here's some of the shit from this OP [url]http://file.compwhizii.net/Android_Thread.zip[/url]
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.