• CIPWTTKT&GC V0X0D (V13): COMIC SAAAAAAAAAANSSSS!!!!!!11111 EDITION
    2,997 replies, posted
Snip, useless rant about my brother
[QUOTE=legolover122;30380799]is an amd [B]phenomenon [/B]a cpu?[/QUOTE]
My sisters are computer iliterate. They bother me with their "problems" but usually they fuck off. My one sister just gave me her old pc I added the harddrive as a mirror. But my other sister keeps hard resetting the router so I have to reset the password and run the wireless printer setup everytime.
Did you explain it? Would setting up rules like help?
[QUOTE=ManningQB18;30380204]Only Child :smug:[/QUOTE] Or having a quiet brother that lurks this thread as a guest
Finished editing my unboxing video and showing off the reverse fan bootup. This card is an amazing combination of engineering. Only regret is the cost, but so far it's worth it. Would it be stupid to post the video in this section?
no. pictures and videos are accepted. [sp]even if they're jpegs and wmv's[/sp]
Mac-using[sp]*wince*[/sp]Apple brethren[sp]*grimace*[/sp], is there [i]any way[/i] I can permanently remove this dock so I can use OSX as a shiny light-use (aka web browsing) OS? [b][i]ANY WAY AT ALL[/i][/b]
[QUOTE=Shooter;30381900]Mac-using[sp]*wince*[/sp]Apple brethren[sp]*grimace*[/sp], is there [i]any way[/i] I can permanently remove this dock so I can use OSX as a shiny light-use (aka web browsing) OS? [b][i]ANY WAY AT ALL[/i][/b][/QUOTE]Apple logo at the top left -> System Preferences... -> Personal -> Dock -> Check Automatically hide and show the Dock -> Welcome to the cult!
[QUOTE=Political Gamer;30381949]Apple logo at the top left -> System Preferences... -> Personal -> Dock -> Check Automatically hide and show the Dock -> Welcome to the cult![/QUOTE] When I said permanently, I meant permanently. I want it completely eradicated. I never, ever want to see it again for any reason whatsoever. And thanks. I feel welcomed, though not entirely comfortable with this particular cult.
[QUOTE=Shooter;30382116]When I said permanently, I meant permanently. I want it completely eradicated. I never, ever want to see it again for any reason whatsoever. And thanks. I feel welcomed, though not entirely comfortable with this particular cult.[/QUOTE] why not install windows on your macbook or linux or some form of bsd (osx is based off of some form of bsd iirc)
[QUOTE=Shooter;30382116]When I said permanently, I meant permanently. I want it completely eradicated. I never, ever want to see it again for any reason whatsoever. And thanks. I feel welcomed, though not entirely comfortable with this particular cult.[/QUOTE]I guess you could try out DockDisabler: [url]http://www.chaoticsoftware.com/extras.html[/url]
[QUOTE=wlzshroom;30382137]why not install windows on your macbook or linux or some form of bsd (osx is based off of some form of bsd iirc)[/QUOTE] I guess I just like Apple's hardware and hate their software. Fortunately, I don't have to use their software. :downs: A few flavors of Linux are definitely going on it. Windows is going on it now.
why would you like the hardware that apple uses. why do you hate their software. what is this shit it's supposed to be the other way around.
[QUOTE=GrabbinPills;30382760]why would you like the hardware that apple uses. why do you hate their software. what is this shit it's supposed to be the other way around.[/QUOTE] His parents paid for 80% of the macbook They wouldn't even let him build a computer. This was his only choice
[QUOTE=GrabbinPills;30382760]why would you like the hardware that apple uses. why do you hate their software. what is this shit it's supposed to be the other way around.[/QUOTE] When there are some macs in my school system that are coming up on 10 years old they've done something terribly right with the hardware. The software on the other hand makes me want to throw up.
[QUOTE=wlzshroom;30382900]When there are some macs in my school system that are coming up on 10 years old they've done something terribly right with the hardware. The software on the other hand makes me want to throw up.[/QUOTE] I've got a twelve-year-old Compaq. Still works fine. Also, OS X is BSD-based. It's pretty good. GUI is a bit resource-heavy, and the drivers are crap, but I've never actually heard of drivers that work well. Even on Windows.
[QUOTE=ManningQB18;30382897]His parents paid for 80% of the macbook They wouldn't even let him build a computer. This was his only choice[/QUOTE] It wasn't my only choice. It was probably the best one, considering that my parents are apparently very positively biased towards Macs/Apple (neither have ever had an Apple product as far as I know) and their hardware is generally-speaking rather high quality, but it definitely wasn't my only choice. I'm content with my decision. I'm sorry I brought it into this thread.
[QUOTE=Shooter;30382116]When I said permanently, I meant permanently. I want it completely eradicated. I never, ever want to see it again for any reason whatsoever.[/QUOTE] That's like removing the task bar on windows. (I don't remember what the bar is actually called, eh...) It's strange to me that you hate it so much, what don't you like about it? [editline]10th June 2011[/editline] [QUOTE=Shooter;30381900]Mac-using[sp]*wince*[/sp]Apple brethren[sp]*grimace*[/sp], is there [i]any way[/i] I can permanently remove this dock so I can use OSX as a shiny light-use (aka web browsing) OS? [b][i]ANY WAY AT ALL[/i][/b][/QUOTE] Why would having a dock prevent you from web browsing exactly
[QUOTE=AntoniD;30383274]That's like removing the task bar on windows. (I don't remember what the bar is actually called, eh...) It's strange to me that you hate it so much, what don't you like about it? [editline]10th June 2011[/editline] Why would having a dock prevent you from web browsing exactly[/QUOTE] the dock on a mac is kind of like a physical object, where if you maximize something it can't go past the dock it's really annoying
[QUOTE=wlzshroom;30383345]the dock on a mac is kind of like a physical object, where if you maximize something it can't go past the dock it's really annoying[/QUOTE] Apple -> Dock -> Turn Hiding On, it allows you to maximize where the dock was wait, can you maximize things past the task bar on windows? I only use Vista on my laptop, but I'm pretty sure you can't in any version
ummm i like that, it's like the windows task bar, when you magimize something it doesn't go over the task bar
[QUOTE=AntoniD;30383369]Apple -> Dock -> Turn Hiding On, it allows you to maximize where the dock was[/QUOTE] i know but every single mac i use, when i turn that on it's always turned off next time i use it [editline]11th June 2011[/editline] [QUOTE=TehWhale;30383378]ummm i like that, it's like the windows task bar, when you magimize something it doesn't go over the task bar[/QUOTE] it doesn't take up the entire bottom of the screen though and it's fucking giant usually
[QUOTE=wlzshroom;30383385]i know but every single mac i use, when i turn that on it's always turned off next time i use it [editline]11th June 2011[/editline] it doesn't take up the entire bottom of the screen though and it's fucking giant usually[/QUOTE] It doesn't just turn off by itself. And you can resize the dock, mine isn't resized actually and it is about the same size as the Win7 superbar
[QUOTE=wlzshroom;30383385]i know but every single mac i use, when i turn that on it's always turned off next time i use it [editline]11th June 2011[/editline] it doesn't take up the entire bottom of the screen though and it's fucking giant usually[/QUOTE]it's like 10px taller than the windows 7 super bar fucking blind apple hate
[QUOTE=TehWhale;30383452]it's like 10px taller than the windows 7 super bar fucking blind apple hate[/QUOTE] or even less I think; only time I saw it huge was a few years ago on this one Mac at school running Tiger, and it was giant because for some reason the kids thought it was easier to use that way or something
Has anyone noticed that CIPWTTKT has been going by pretty fast lately?
[QUOTE=kaine123;30383510]Has anyone noticed that CIPWTTKT has been going by pretty fast lately?[/QUOTE] It's been going... Surprisingly fast, actually.
indeed. i still remember the week long droughts that have plagued these series of threads.
[QUOTE=Shooter;30377271]The Radeon 6990 is a dual-GPU card. Have fun trying to get three of those to work together.[/QUOTE] Actually using [url=http://www.msi.com/product/mb/890FXA-GD70.html]this[/url] mobo, it would be entirely possible, now if you think about using them in crossfire? No, you don't need crossfire for GPUMining, Just set up different instances for each GPU, the problem here would be heat and power.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.