• WWDC 2012
    280 replies, posted
[QUOTE=Bomimo;36329273]comeon dude... Don't do that... That's just wrong... Lucky for you, you didn't mean it the way you typed it, eh![/QUOTE] He meant near future. E.G. you'll be replacing it before you use more than 8GB on average
Main problem i've found with the beta is i'm unable to connect to 3G now. I still get 2G and EDGE, but in places i'd usually get 3G i no longer get it.
[QUOTE=JoshJosh117;36331283]Yeah, I'd like to get three years out of this at least. Eventually, there will be 3rd party SSD replacements. But the RAM is actually soldered in, so there's no changing it. I use Logic and Ableton for music production, Photoshop of course, and [I]occasionally[/I] use video editing software and CAD. 8 GB will most likely be enough but I'd rather be safer than sorry.[/QUOTE] MacBooks usually last a lot longer than three years, so take that into consideration when ordering yours. I currently have 8GB in my MBP and it's more than enough, but since you can't install more RAM in the new MacBooks future-proofing might not be a bad idea. You're going to get a [i]lot[/i] more mileage out of that laptop than you will from most other laptops.
[QUOTE=darth-veger;36328233]They only release a new iPhone every 10-12 months Also the 4inch screen[/QUOTE] screen size is preferable for each and every person. I don't mind a 3.5
[QUOTE=Protocol7;36329414]He meant near future. E.G. you'll be replacing it before you use more than 8GB on average[/QUOTE] I know.
[QUOTE=Dav0r;36331640]screen size is preferable for each and every person. I don't mind a 3.5[/QUOTE] I feel like the SGSII and SIII are a little unwieldy and uncomfortable to use with one hand
[QUOTE=JoshJosh117;36331283]Yeah, I'd like to get three years out of this at least. Eventually, there will be 3rd party SSD replacements. But the RAM is actually soldered in, so there's no changing it. I use Logic and Ableton for music production, Photoshop of course, and [I]occasionally[/I] use video editing software and CAD. 8 GB will most likely be enough but I'd rather be safer than sorry.[/QUOTE] Are the SSDs not soldered on too, like the MBA?
[QUOTE=Bomimo;36329273]comeon dude... Don't do that... That's just wrong... Lucky for you, you didn't mean it the way you typed it, eh![/QUOTE] Come on yourself, the future doesn't mean year 2070.
[QUOTE=Trekintosh;36335887]Are the SSDs not soldered on too, like the MBA?[/QUOTE] Nope, they're on small proprietary chips that are removable. The MBA's SSD isn't soldered in either, it's the exact same style as the new MBP's but a different connector. Only the RAM is soldered in in both models.
[QUOTE=Epic Sandwich;36336905]Nope, they're on small proprietary chips that are removable. The MBA's SSD isn't soldered in either, it's the exact same style as the new MBP's but a different connector. Only the RAM is soldered in in both models.[/QUOTE] Oh okay. Then I'm definitely getting the base model of the new one, and I'll upgrade to 512gb once an upgrade is made available. I believe Other World Computing has 768gb SSD's for the MBA, they'll probably make a 1tb one for this thing.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.