• Vista: Windows Update fails to install 106 important updates, is "currently installing other updates
    6 replies, posted
Most of the stuff is in the title. Windows Update claims to be installing other updates, which is apparently a perfect excuse for not installing other 107 important updates. What is this thing doing? Vista Home Premium Service Pack 1, by the way.
Download SP2 so you don't have to install all those updates one by one. If all else fails you can try resetting Windows Update by doing the following. Open CMD as admin and run: net stop wuauserv Navigate to C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution Select All, Delete Run: net start wuauserv
Panda X needs to work as a Microsoft developer. He seems to know just as much about Windows as they do.
[QUOTE=Brock Obama;34283608]Panda X needs to work as a Microsoft developer. He seems to know just as much about Windows as they do.[/QUOTE]Even more than the Microsoft Techs :v:
[QUOTE=TehWhale;34283815]Even more than the Microsoft Techs :v:[/QUOTE] Well of course, those dipshits in India are just reading from a script. Worthless. OP could always try the FixIt thing from Microsoft if all-else fails.
My solution: I had so many problems with Vista on my desktop computer before I upgraded it to Windows 7, (I use my awesome new Toshiba Laptop now), that to HELL with Vista and just upgrade to Win7. Seriously... Even Windows XP is better.
[QUOTE=Will109;34302182]My solution: I had so many problems with Vista on my desktop computer before I upgraded it to Windows 7, (I use my awesome new Toshiba Laptop now), that to HELL with Vista and just upgrade to Win7. Seriously... Even Windows XP is better.[/QUOTE] In all my time using Vista, I had a total of one issue: DEP hated a game, I think it was GTA IV. Aside from that, it was fine; sure, Windows 7 is better, but not everyone can afford to upgrade.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.