• 2773,44 USD Gaming Build, what do you think?
    220 replies, posted
Could anyone here help me rebuild this from 0, via pm or chat, to reach a reasonable price and performance. I myself can't see what's best or what's worst (as you noticed) so I'd need advice from someone more advanced than me.
Don't expect it to run everything on high, you could probably play all new games on low with a decent fps.
[QUOTE=Andreewww;21143675]Don't expect it to run everything on high, you could probably play all new games on low with a decent fps.[/QUOTE] :downsbravo:
[QUOTE=johanz;21143660]I wasn't talking about physx junk, I was talking about cuda. You can't use a nvidia card only for cuda and an ati for all other stuff. And even if you could, you would need a powerful nvidia for cuda stuff.[/QUOTE] Or, he could use ATI Stream. Or, instead of being an idiot and sticking to one side, work with OpenCL, which works on both.
Man you should take some sweet pics of your rig when you get it all done, so we can see how she turns out.. /sarcasm
Just tell us what your budget is, what you plan to use the computer for, and anything you can keep from the old computer.
Never heard about Nvidia CUDA. What is that?
[QUOTE=YodaEXE;21143691]Or, he could use ATI Stream. Or, instead of being an idiot and sticking to one side, work with OpenCL, which works on both.[/QUOTE] Too bad the renderer I use works on CUDA only. And so do quite some other stuff that were meant to be used in studios where people don't use ati
[QUOTE=mobrockers;21143687]:downsbravo:[/QUOTE] :kiddo:
Sir, you pay 4x the price it would cost. (At least for me) [editline]07:45PM[/editline] You can get a pc on which you can max out any game for 500 €
Its a gaming build you only need an i5 750 or an i7 920 at the most.
[QUOTE=SEKCobra;21143764] You can get a pc on which you can max out any game for 500 €[/QUOTE] Please, go on [editline]05:46PM[/editline] [QUOTE=Rashy;21143781]Its a gaming build you only need an i5 750 or an i7 920 at the most.[/QUOTE] Not game only build, if you read the op
why would you use liquid only on the video card
[QUOTE=johanz;21143784]Please, go on[/QUOTE] Buy at a wholesaler, or a wholesaler-reseller.
[QUOTE=Thor667;21143723]Just tell us what your budget is, what you plan to use the computer for, and anything you can keep from the old computer.[/QUOTE] my budget can be 0 to 3000 $, but the lower it is the better, since I'm not so rich. And if I can get a decent rig that can run every game with good performance, I'll be happy. An i5 would be okay, yes, and for the video card I'd like to have nVidia. I could couple two GTX 470 in sli (that would double their power right?) and get some good performance.. what do you think?
[QUOTE=johanz;21143784]Please, go on [editline]05:46PM[/editline] Not game only build, if you read the op[/QUOTE] Where does it say anything about what the pc is going to be used form? It isnt in the OP.
U dont need such a huge CPU ffs
[QUOTE=Reg;21143821]my budget can be 0 to 3000 $, but the lower it is the better, since I'm not so rich. And if I can get a decent rig that can run every game with good performance, I'll be happy. An i5 would be okay, yes, and for the video card I'd like to have nVidia. I could couple two GTX 470 in sli (that would double their power right?) and get some good performance.. what do you think?[/QUOTE] trolololo no nvidia, go ati or die
[QUOTE=Rashy;21143781]Its a gaming build you only need an i5 750 or an i7 920 at the most.[/QUOTE] He only needs a i5....i7 support hyper threading, which for gaming you don't need. Just buy a i5-750 and OC to 4.0ghz Thats what i did.
[QUOTE=GawdOfROFLS;21143834]U dont need such a huge CPU ffs[/QUOTE] Maybe for rendering.
[QUOTE=mobrockers;21143830]Where does it say anything about what the pc is going to be used form? It isnt in the OP.[/QUOTE] You're right, it wasn't in the op, op posted it later. My bad!
[QUOTE=FHamster;21143295]i think you are a troll[/QUOTE] Just because he doesn't know that much about hardware doesn't mean he's a troll. I think this section needs to learn this.
Wow, you overpaied the CPU even at retail price.
[QUOTE=irgoto;21143847]He only needs a i5....i7 support hyper threading, which for gaming you don't need. Just buy a i5-750 and OC to 4.0ghz Thats what i did.[/QUOTE] so the only difference from i5 to i7 is hyperthreading?
[QUOTE=Reg;21143912]so the only difference from i5 to i7 is hyperthreading?[/QUOTE] Pretty much. But if you actually do 3d, get i7, HT helps a lot when rendering.
Okay then I probably will. But i7s cost a lot more than i5 tho
You shouldn't stop helping others in this forum, just because this guy got a lot of money the others need help as much as he does! And OP didn't even have a idear of what to build at the start. HELP OTHERS!
I don't really have a lot of money. At the moment I only have 500 $, but i decided I would work and get some more.
[QUOTE=Reg;21144152]I don't really have a lot of money. At the moment I only have 500 $, but i decided I would work and get some more.[/QUOTE] You could get a decent computer for that.
I think the OP added the second PSU afterward
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.