• Sapphire ATI Radeon "HD 5990 4GB"
    135 replies, posted
[QUOTE=Big Bang;20834973]Why don't we replace the rest of the computer with GPU's nowadays.[/QUOTE] That's essentially what nvidia's doing with physx where the physics are handled by the vid card instead of the processor like they normally are.
Holy MOTHER OF GOD I cant remove my jaw from the floor.
I think sooner or later someone will find the technology to make them smaller. Look at the Mobile Phone, they ewre HUGE now there are tiny, most of them that is. Anway i agree it will prolly snap off the PCIE slot :/
[QUOTE=Mr Drover;20832374]Step 1. Find card Step 2. Find bathroom in the store Step 3. Get in a stall, remove the card from the box and put it in a bag Step 4. Leave unnoticed.[/QUOTE] Your bag could crush your card.
[QUOTE=ADT;20835802]Your bag could crush your card.[/QUOTE] ..... is your graphics card made out of cardboard?
[QUOTE=ADT;20835802]Your bag could crush [i]your[/i] card.[/QUOTE] Uhm
Is it just me or is graphics cards starting to look more and more like radiators now? Either way sick card not sure if you will need that much power...
Fucking awesome.
[QUOTE=ADT;20835802]Your bag could crush your card.[/QUOTE] Your card could [B]crush[/B] the bag, look at that damn thing!
I'll buy one in a few years, when it still isn't necessary.
Well, i'm most likely getting one, going to need a PSU to go with it though as that thing is a monstrosity power-usage wise
[QUOTE=Victis;20849847]Well, i'm most likely getting one, going to need a PSU to go with it though as that thing is a monstrosity power-usage wise[/QUOTE] Well i dont really think 325-watts is power consuming plus its performance are much better(about 40%) than the 295 GTX which consumes 485-watts at full load.
Why don't they halt all production on all the other cards and just start cranking these things out?
[QUOTE=Trillan;20850637]Why don't they halt all production on all the other cards and just start cranking these things out?[/QUOTE] not everyone can buy enthusiast level cards
:aaaaa:
ill take 2 of it.
[B]Holy shit![/B]
i'll buy 3 in hexfire :smug: [editline]02:52PM[/editline] scratch that, 4 in octofire [editline]02:53PM[/editline] :smug:
But can it run Crysis at a constant 60+ fps at 1920x1080?
[QUOTE=Metalcastr;20852519]But can it run Crysis at a constant 60+ fps at 1920x1080?[/QUOTE] yes, yes it can
probably more then 60 fps
what about tri monitor eyefinity 2560x1600 monitors on full settings
Going to this link [url]http://www.brightsideofnews.com/news/2010/3/3/sapphire-ready-to-launch-radeon-hd-5990-4gb.aspx[/url] redirects me to the Default page.. Is this happening to someone else ?
You can see a nvidia symbol on the laptop in the corner.
[QUOTE=gerbils_alt_2;20858408]You can see a nvidia symbol on the laptop in the corner.[/QUOTE] so?
[QUOTE=rampageturke;20859246]so?[/QUOTE] I just think it's ironic.
it's not
I've set my order down for this, and for everybody calling it Overkill - you really have no idea what games nowadays use, not to mention what they'll start using in the next few years, this card is a beast and will stay capable for years to come. Even if it is expensive, but saving up for two months isn't all that hard (I could of bought my BF something for his birthday or something)
[QUOTE=4Chan User;20863363]I've set my order down for this, and for everybody calling it Overkill - you really have no idea what games nowadays use, not to mention what they'll start using in the next few years, this card is a beast and will stay capable for years to come. Even if it is expensive, but saving up for two months isn't all that hard (I could of bought my BF something for his birthday or something)[/QUOTE] *sniff sniff* I dont like the smell of bullshit
So they are bringing out a 5990 before a 5890? Interesting.....
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.