• The "Quick Questions that does not Deserve a Thread"...Thread. V3
    9,659 replies, posted
Which files should I have in that folder?
[QUOTE=LaughingStock;36485852]Which files should I have in that folder?[/QUOTE] Just choose the folder that those are in, it will find it and install it for you.
If your monitor is displaying fine don't install any drivers. They usually mess stuff up in my experience.
I got it to install by having windows automatically search for drivers but before I did that, it said there was no better match for what I already had installed when I navigated to the desktop where I unzipped everything. [editline]25th June 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=jaybuz;36485975]If your monitor is displaying fine don't install any drivers. They usually mess stuff up in my experience.[/QUOTE] My resolution is 1280x1024 but my monitor's native resolution is 1920x1080. I might be wrong, but will installing the proper drivers help?
DE:HR makes my card artifact and crash at random times, but i'm almost certain it's not the card, because any other DX11 game runs perfectly fine with no problems, anyone know a possible cause here?
[QUOTE=FlubberNugget;36486046]DE:HR makes my card artifact and crash at random times, but i'm almost certain it's not the card, because any other DX11 game runs perfectly fine with no problems, anyone know a possible cause here?[/QUOTE] Bad drivers?
[QUOTE=Fivas;36485661]I bought an XBOX 360 Controller for my PC and received it today. I installed the Drivers and plugged it in and got a Blue Screen immediately. I've tried un-installing the drivers and installing ones from the Microsoft website and it still won't work giving me the Blue Screen each time. I've got the software off the disk installed now and when it does not give me a blue screen the software fails to receive connection from the controller. What could I do? Google doesn't help one bit. I suspect it could be other software causing the problem? When I plug in the controller it installs something called "motionjoy virtual xinput device". I just have no idea.[/QUOTE] You must have installed the motioninjoy program which allows you to use playstation controllers with windows, at some point. idk why it bluescreens though.
[QUOTE=alien_guy;36487233]You must have installed the motioninjoy program which allows you to use playstation controllers with windows, at some point. idk why it bluescreens though.[/QUOTE] I've tried uninstalling all motion joy software and it still won't work. Pretty disappointing. Oh well!
[QUOTE=FlubberNugget;36482342]Kinda late, but I have a setup just like this. No, it doesn't mess with the airflow much at all, just get some rubber spacers to put in between the cards.[/QUOTE] I'd rather not risk it anyways. Just going to get this card instead and use the PCI express slot. [url]http://www.amazon.com/Xonar-DGX-PCI-E-GX2-5-Engine/dp/B007TMZ1BK/[/url]
Best email client? To use, gmail and hotmail?
gmail
[QUOTE=chewable;36488847]Best email client? To use, gmail and hotmail?[/QUOTE] gmail in conjunction with thunderbird
I have an old WD HDD that I managed to fry the PCB of and was wondering if there would be anyway to retrieve the data off said drive. I have a newer version of the same drive that I used to swap circuit boards with but after it had spun up, it just made some consistent clicking sounds...
If anyone is interested I did manage to get my XBOX 360 controller working on my PC. I was right believing that it downloading Motion Joy software was incorrect. I went through the controllers properties and changed the drivers it was using from Motion Joy to another one (which was a guess).. The controller works like a charm now. It's a shame I couldn't find any answers online but I am pretty pleased I figured it out by myself even though it was fairy simple. Why it was giving my a blue screen I have no idea.
i got new fans today, realized when you crank up the rpm from my case's (corsair 650d) fan controller, the leds get brighter. i like the lights bright, but not at the expense of hearing a lot of noise. Any way around this? Plug fans into mother board? buy seperate fan controller? (i was planning on doing that anyway...i dunno now though
[QUOTE=LaughingStock;36486023] My resolution is 1280x1024 but my monitor's native resolution is 1920x1080. I might be wrong, but will installing the proper drivers help?[/QUOTE] Update video card drivers, not monitor. Post speccy or fetch yourself what GPU you have and get drivers for it.
I am thinking of getting a SSD, but I don't know how easy it is to manage installing everything to my hard disk instead of the SSD. I've read all about it and all I keep getting are 'use symlinks', is it really that complicated to use an SSD as a main boot drive? Also, what is the best SSD at the moment? I was looking at the intel 520 series, but I don't know if these are top or what.
[QUOTE=Oppenheimer;36496663]I am thinking of getting a SSD, but I don't know how easy it is to manage installing everything to my hard disk instead of the SSD. I've read all about it and all I keep getting are 'use symlinks', is it really that complicated to use an SSD as a main boot drive? Also, what is the best SSD at the moment? I was looking at the intel 520 series, but I don't know if these are top or what.[/QUOTE] It's really easy, you can change the links of the documents, music, etc folders so they are on your normal hdd. If it's a big program, just change the install directory to the hdd, because it will default to the boot drive. The intel 530 series or corsair performance pro are two of the best.
[QUOTE=Oppenheimer;36496663]I am thinking of getting a SSD, but I don't know how easy it is to manage installing everything to my hard disk instead of the SSD. I've read all about it and all I keep getting are 'use symlinks', is it really that complicated to use an SSD as a main boot drive? Also, what is the best SSD at the moment? I was looking at the intel 520 series, but I don't know if these are top or what.[/QUOTE] I use something called dirlinker to move hard-coded stuff from C to a bigger drive. 64GB is the smallest I'd go.
Does anyone remember that tool that scans websites before letting people on it? I'm slowly starting to lose my sanity here. My siblings seem to think that adware and spyware speed up the computer or something. I'm on Chrome and Windows 7 if that helps. And, yeah, little icons show that, but still.
[QUOTE=tratzzz;36495401]Update video card drivers, not monitor. Post speccy or fetch yourself what GPU you have and get drivers for it.[/QUOTE] thought so. The drivers are absolute trash.
[QUOTE=Penultimate;36498460]Does anyone remember that tool that scans websites before letting people on it? I'm slowly starting to lose my sanity here. My siblings seem to think that adware and spyware speed up the computer or something. I'm on Chrome and Windows 7 if that helps. And, yeah, little icons show that, but still.[/QUOTE] Just ban them from using your computer.
WOT is the one you're looking for, is it not?
So, I'm in a conundrum over two cases of the same company. The Sharkoon T9 and the Tauron. Which one should I get?
So basically I recently made some changes to my computer and now im getting random BSODS. Each time the error codes are different, and I have tried googling all of them with no luck. The recent changes to the computer are: replaced HD 4870 X2 with HD 7850 upgraded from stock CPU cooler to Arctic Cooling freezer 7 pro for i5 750 rearranged wires etc etc. Anyone have anyone idea what could be causing the problem?
[QUOTE=Chubbs;36499487]Just ban them from using your computer.[/QUOTE] I totally would, but I'm using the family computer. Maybe I just shouldn't be using it at all if it upsets me so much, but I'd kind of like to play video games without worrying about keyloggers, you know?
[QUOTE=QuikKill;36496791]It's really easy, you can change the links of the documents, music, etc folders so they are on your normal hdd. If it's a big program, just change the install directory to the hdd, because it will default to the boot drive. The intel 530 series or corsair performance pro are two of the best.[/QUOTE] The Samsung 830 is one of the best right now.
[QUOTE=Penultimate;36501421]I totally would, but I'm using the family computer. Maybe I just shouldn't be using it at all if it upsets me so much, but I'd kind of like to play video games without worrying about keyloggers, you know?[/QUOTE] So don't use the computer then? [editline]26th June 2012[/editline] Because you can't fix people who insist on sticking viruses on every machine that they touch.
Anyone here using the Logitech Z906 5.1 setup? If so, how is it? I'm thinking about getting a surround setup.
Basically my internet randomly stopped working on my Desktop, while it still works on my laptop and my brother's computer. I don't think it's a software problem, as it has stopped functioning on both of my HDD partitions (both win 7) I don't think its the ethernet port as I have tried a USB network cable and get the same result. Also, when I plug in the USB cable instead of making the normal hardware detected noise (two different tones) it plays three of the same tones. Anyone have any advice?
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.