• Windows 8
    8,715 replies, posted
[QUOTE=micky011;36648199]Hello window 8 is very nice , good . i am buy to wait this .[/QUOTE] You are the cutest little foreigner on the forums
I don't know where I first heard this but all this time I was thinking that I could install windows 8 on my transformer prime but after some searching I realise that i'm very wrong. Apparently asus is remaking the prime to run windows, sucks for me.
Dev Prievew kept slowly killing itself over time, and it's shitty wireless drivers carried over to the Consumer Preview. The Release Preview has fixed everything so far, and now I just wish there was an easier way to log off than Win+L, power icon, log off. Because it's not in the charms bar...
I fixed my VMware issues. 'Windows key' + 'Tab' doesn't seem to work. To make it easier to shutdown; create a shortcut and type "shutdown -s" ("shutdown -r" for reboot) and pin it to start. Just thought I'd mention it for those who don't know.
[QUOTE=RoboChimp;36658821]I fixed my VMware issues. 'Windows key' + 'Tab' doesn't seem to work. To make it easier to shutdown; create a shortcut and type "shutdown -s" ("shutdown -r" for reboot) and pin it to start. Just thought I'd mention it for those who don't know.[/QUOTE] Thanks mate, I made ones for Log off and Sleep as well. :D
Start Screen > User Name > Log off?
Tried to do it this way this morning..got a bsod when w8 boots (vhd_initialisation_failed) ...[url]http://www.howtogeek.com/107535/how-to-seamlessly-dual-boot-windows-7-and-windows-8-the-easy-[/url] So i was locked out my system ,and i forgot to make a w7 usb...Lucky my friend made me one,repair and got back in w7. Gonna do it the normal way now,what is the best way to dual boot w7 and w8 without any hassle afterwards?
[QUOTE=dafour;36660646]Tried to do it this way this morning..got a bsod when w8 boots (vhd_initialisation_failed) ...[url]http://www.howtogeek.com/107535/how-to-seamlessly-dual-boot-windows-7-and-windows-8-the-easy-[/url] So i was locked out my system ,and i forgot to make a w7 usb...Lucky my friend made me one,repair and got back in w7. Gonna do it the normal way now,what is the best way to dual boot w7 and w8 without any hassle afterwards?[/QUOTE] Just Use Vmware player, it's free and runs pretty smooth. He's a tutorial on how to do it. [url]http://www.sysprobs.com/how-to-install-windows-8-consumer-preview-on-vmware-with-working-vmware-tools[/url]
[QUOTE=bassie12;36659839]Start Screen > User Name > Log off?[/QUOTE] Settings Screen > Power > Shut Down? [editline]7th July 2012[/editline] It's still easier.
Desktop > Alt+F4 > press Enter?
[QUOTE=a2h;36668703]Desktop > Alt+F4 > press Enter?[/QUOTE] Wow, here's something I never knew about!
I removed my old windows 7 installation then this appeared [img]http://i.imgur.com/gH8fn.png[/img] what kind of systemfile is that? :v:
[QUOTE=Brock Obama;36658090]Dev Prievew kept slowly killing itself over time, and it's shitty wireless drivers carried over to the Consumer Preview. The Release Preview has fixed everything so far, and now I just wish there was an easier way to log off than Win+L, power icon, log off. Because it's not in the charms bar...[/QUOTE] I also wish it was easier to shut down. The whole process of getting to the shutdown menu is quite long and then when you think that your PC is shutting down (It says 'Shutting down'), it randomly stops and tells you you've still got stuff running and need to close them. You then have to wait for it to close the things already running and THEN it shuts down.
[QUOTE=Techbot;36673327]I removed my old windows 7 installation then this appeared [img]http://i.imgur.com/gH8fn.png[/img] what kind of systemfile is that? :v:[/QUOTE] A virus system file, perhaps?
This is a pretty babyfaced question, but why did you former android users switch over? WP8 is sounding interesting with all the unified stuff.
[QUOTE=Chicken_Chaser;36679141]This is a pretty babyfaced question, but why did you former android users switch over? WP8 is sounding interesting with all the unified stuff.[/QUOTE] Because metro, also it's nice and smooth and doesn't need 50 cores too keep it smooth.
[QUOTE=PyroCF;36679763]Because metro, also it's nice and smooth and doesn't need 50 cores too keep it smooth.[/QUOTE] Can I still sync my gmail like on android?
Is anyone elses' Mail app broke? Every time I try to use it it gets to its screen then nothing shows up, like it froze. But all the other stuff that works along side it works fine. Not sure if that matters or not. I've been wondering for awhile, what is everyone's worst or most recurring bugs? The worst I've had was a BSOD due to a hardware reconfig, but thats my fault and I don't really count it. Other then that the bugs are so few/small I don't really remember them.
Did a load of apps just disappear from the Windows Store or is it just me?
[QUOTE=bassie12;36659839]Start Screen > User Name > Log off?[/QUOTE] The less bullshit I have to navigate through, the better.
[QUOTE=Techbot;36673327]I removed my old windows 7 installation then this appeared [img]http://i.imgur.com/gH8fn.png[/img] what kind of systemfile is that? :v:[/QUOTE] Windows 8 wants to keep the kawaii. You should listen to it. I have a question since I've never done an upgrade before: Will I have to re-download all the steam games I currently have installed? I'd like to know before hand since I'm Australian.
After using 8 as my primary OS since release preview, I have to say: I really like the changes now. The start menu? I don't miss it. My start screen isn't too filled either - I Just keep the essentials on there. The lock screen? Fantastic, actually. I wake up, turn on my monitor, and I already see the next Google Calendar (syncing for the win) event, and email count. Sure, it's subtle, but it does a very nice job with it.
[QUOTE=Zet;36685563]Windows 8 wants to keep the kawaii. You should listen to it. I have a question since I've never done an upgrade before: Will I have to re-download all the steam games I currently have installed? I'd like to know before hand since I'm Australian.[/QUOTE] You should only run the setup again if you want steam:// links to work. Or just mess in the registery, but it's easier to 're-install' Steam.
[QUOTE=Darkwater124;36686551]You should only run the setup again if you want steam:// links to work. Or just mess in the registery, but it's easier to 're-install' Steam.[/QUOTE] Except you have to move the steamapps before you run the setup and delete everything else because Steam doesn't want to install in a non-empty folder.
So I'm hoping third time's the charm with this Win8 install. The first time I did it their way and it ended up with a black screen after the initializing devices part that someone here was also experiencing and then I tried just DLing the iso but both times it would stop and say it's done downloading before it was finished. So now I downloaded win8 through their installer again and it's putting itself on a flashdrive so I think I'll be bullet proof now. My download speed is only 400kb/s so it's been very irritating added with the time it takes for it to do everything outside of downloading. Edit: Still the same black screen issue! I'm not in the mood for this I'll just use 7 until launch.
[QUOTE=Techbot;36673327]I removed my old windows 7 installation then this appeared [img]http://i.imgur.com/gH8fn.png[/img] what kind of systemfile is that? :v:[/QUOTE] It's from FL Studio, which dumps some stuff in your system folders.
I tried out the preview today. Severely disappointed. I was really looking forward to Windows 8 but a lot needs to change for me to use it. There is just too much functionality lost for my liking, and it takes longer to access my programs. I also hate the way it forces you to the Start UI, instead of going straight to the Desktop. I would actually definitely make the purchase if they added the option to remove the Metro UI and re-enable the Start menu for those that like it, but I doubt they will. Windows 7 it is then!
[QUOTE=Chicken_Chaser;36680136]Can I still sync my gmail like on android?[/QUOTE] yeah. it's marginally more complex(unless google developed a gmail app for Windows Phone), but you just have to go to gmail settings and get the info to set it up in an email client and you're good to go.
[QUOTE=Lazor;36692499]yeah. it's marginally more complex(unless google developed a gmail app for Windows Phone), but you just have to go to gmail settings and get the info to set it up in an email client and you're good to go.[/QUOTE] I can log into windows 8 using my gmail and it automatically does all that stuff, does WP7 do the same?
[QUOTE=PyroCF;36692564]I can log into windows 8 using my gmail and it automatically does all that stuff, does WP7 do the same?[/QUOTE] yeah
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.