• Augen GenTouch - $150 7'' Android Tablet
    40 replies, posted
[b]The Augen GenTouch[/b] [img]http://www.augenus.com/indexhome.html/GENTOUCH_files/shapeimage_13.png[/img] In the past few months, the Asian market has been flooded with many Android powered slate and tablet computers. Well, it looks like America is finally getting a piece of the action with the [url=http://www.augenus.com/indexhome.html/GENTOUCH.html]Augen GenTouch[/url]. The Augen GenTouch is a $150 Android powered tablet that is set to be released in America, and yes, you will be able to buy it in local retail stores! [url=http://www.liliputing.com/2010/07/kmart-stocks-a-150-android-tablet.html]It is rumored that it will launch later this week and be available in stores at Kmart.[/url] [b]Features[/b] Watch movies in HD (720p). Access to the Android Marketplace (Fuck yes!). [b]Specifications[/b] [code] • 800x480 color TFT touch panel screen • CPU: 800 Mhz • Ram: DDR2 256mb • Internal Memory: 2GB • Expansion Slots: SD/MMC card slot up to 16GB • Wi-Fi Connectivity with Full Web Browsing Capability • Supports Ebook Formats: Text, PDF, E-PUB, HTML • Supports Media Formats: MP3, WMA, FLAC, AAC • Supports most popular E-Book formats • Picture Viewer in JPEG, BMP • Video Player • Rechargeable Lithium Battery • Carrying case included [/code] So yeah, keep an eye out.
I don't have a Kmart near me Guess I will have to order it
[QUOTE=Doritos_Man;23666132]I don't have a Kmart near me Guess I will have to order it[/QUOTE] If I recall, Augen has made a comment that they don't believe it'll be hitting Kmart's web store. But that could change rather quickly.
All of the K-Marts near me are really ghetto. I won't even go in them, and I'm sure they would be stolen and sold by the bums on the curb in front of it.
Please run froyo.
[QUOTE=Hawkfight207;23676838]Please run froyo.[/QUOTE] If this tablet really does get released for $150, in local retail stores at that, chances are it'll get rooted pretty quick. It's launching with 2.1 as well. So you never know.
Kmart? I didn't know they where still in business.
Yea they are a pretty low end chain, but damn for $150 the specs ain't half bad, should be pretty good for just some light internet browsing. Been wanting to get a small tablet for college anyway.
I could just imagine using it for when I'm relaxing on my bed or couch and don't want a laptop on me, to just bust this out and go on facebook or watch a video.
[QUOTE=Darrylop;23676380]All of the K-Marts near me are really ghetto. I won't even go in them, and I'm sure they would be stolen and sold by the bums on the curb in front of it.[/QUOTE] pussy
Chances are it'll run really slow and be laggy out of the box and have shitty battery life. Froyo however....
[QUOTE=Funcoot;23665169] Watch movies in HD ([b]720[/b]p). [code] • 800x[b]480[/b] color TFT touch panel screen [/code][/QUOTE] what
[QUOTE=thf;23706454]what[/QUOTE] yeah I was wondering that too
[QUOTE=thf;23706454]what[/QUOTE] Video-out I hope so
Yeah, else it would be pretty unnecessary.
Well you can run 1080p video on a 640x 480 tv, but it won't truly be hd. Hopefully it will have video out, but at this price so many things can be half assed with it like battery life.
quite a few android devices already have "watch in 720p lol" without video out, they just happen to be capable of playing 720p video files. that's it. [editline]02:02PM[/editline] also i would be surprised if this thing didn't have the performance of an entry level 2.1 phone. really this thing looks like nothing worth raving about.
[QUOTE=M_B;23713998]quite a few android devices already have "watch in 720p lol" without video out, they just happen to be capable of playing 720p video files. that's it. [editline]02:02PM[/editline] also i would be surprised if this thing didn't have the performance of an entry level 2.1 phone. really this thing looks like nothing worth raving about.[/QUOTE] [quote]CPU: 800 Mhz[/quote] Looks that way to me. A phone with a big touch screen.
[QUOTE=M_B;23713998]also i would be surprised if this thing didn't have the performance of an entry level 2.1 phone. really this thing looks like nothing worth raving about.[/QUOTE] Well at that price what kind of performance are you expecting? The price is a fair price for those specs, honestly. And this is supposed to be one of the first Android tablets with access to the market.
[QUOTE=Biotoxsin;23718368]Looks that way to me. A phone with a big touch screen.[/QUOTE] A phone with a big touch screen won't compare to your avatar.
im guessing there is an accelerometer on board, and portrait mode for the desktop right?
[QUOTE=toaster468;23736937]im guessing there is an accelerometer on board, and portrait mode for the desktop right?[/QUOTE] There is no accelerometer. It is only $150. Haha
Engadget has a review up: [url]http://www.engadget.com/2010/07/30/augen-gentouch-78-preview/[/url]
The specs aren't too bad just the type of touch screen puts me off and the lack of multi-touch
If you have one of the new android phones, ...this seems somewhat useless.... If you don't have a new android phone, its OK, but you can only use internet where theres wi-fi (no 3g) and it has a resistive touch screen
I have the Evo 4G so this is no comparison. I love my Evo 4G for the record!
Even though this is an alright attempt, I can't wait for the other tablets to soon follow. Anything but Apple's iPad would be good, whether it be Windows 7, Windows Phone 7, or Android.
I'm sure as hell getting one if I can, any ideas on how I can get one from England?
-Snip--Wrong thread-
Wat?
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.