• Build with $1000 budget?
    45 replies, posted
I've got a budget of $1000 and I'm planning to play games like Mafia 2, L4D2, TF2 on maxed out settings. What can i possibly get for $1000? I'm thinking of getting an i5 processor and an ATI card as well.
There are really lots of threads about 800-1000USD gaming build, why not check them?
If you're are planning to get an ATi/AMD card you'd best wait for the 6xxx series.
I want something that really maxes out my budget. I've seen some and I don't really like the builds [editline]13th October 2010[/editline] [QUOTE=jaybuz;25376063]If you're are planning to get an ATi/AMD card you'd best wait for the 6xxx series.[/QUOTE] Yeah i'll probably do that since they're coming out so soon. Nvidia's offerings are really overpriced and underpowered from what I've read.
Just get i5-750, gtx470 or hd5870 and you can guess rest of it from other threads. /thread
How about the motherboard?
When will you be buying this anyways.
Probably november but I want to have a rough idea of what I want to get.
[QUOTE=Pedophila;25376129]Probably november but I want to have a rough idea of what I want to get.[/QUOTE] Wait a few more days, 6xxx is almost released, then we can give you a better price. Its usually best to make these threads the day you want to buy your components since prices are changing fast and specials deals are on.
[QUOTE=Kialtia;25376190]Wait a few more days, 6xxx is almost released, then we can give you a better price. Its usually best to make these threads the day you want to buy your components since prices are changing fast and specials deals are on.[/QUOTE] Bad thing is, I don't live in the US, I live in Singapore so I've got no choice but to get parts locally. So basically I'm trying to gather up the models of parts I'm gonna get then I'll do a local price check.
Since you are in Singapore, where are you going to get the parts?
So are you talking Singapore Dollars or US Dollars?
This is 1160 in USD (current rates), 1500 in SGD. There are 2 main malls to get computer parts here so I'll buy the parts from those places. Update on some parts, I can get an i7-930 and a GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R Rev: 2.0 Motherboard for about 485USD/630SGD, and a Sapphire Radeon HD5870 Vapor-X 1GB OC Edition for 400USD/530SGD. Worth the price? Or should i just get an i5? I'm bent on getting a 5870 though. [editline]16th October 2010[/editline] Also, i might be able to stretch the budget a little. Do i need a soundcard? I do a fair bit of listening to music.
Heading to Sim Lim? My advice to you is to look up the price lists online, and call the shops to make sure the store has stock before you go. I got a pretty damn awesome computer with just 900SGD, so I'm sure 1500 can do a lot more. i7 930 is virtually useless for gaming. i5 750/760 should do the job.
Haha yeah, nice to see a fellow singaporean here. I'm currently looking at hardwarezone if you know what that website is, has quite a bit of 2nd hand stuff so i can probably save a little on expensive hardware. Whats the specs of your build?
Casing: NZXT M59 PSU: AcBel 470w Mobo: Asus M2N68-AM Plus CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 620 @ stock clock GPU: Sapphire ATI Radeon HD5770 1GB GDDR5 – Vapour-X edition RAM: 4GB Kingston DDR2 800MHz HDD: (recently bought) Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Optical drive: salvaged from previous computer, but they cost like 20 bucks granted, not the best computer, but it has served me well and should continue doing so for some time. It can do what you want yours to. Built in March this year for 900SGD. edit: I don't really go to HMZ, cannot stand the level of english they use. all my stuff is first hand by the way.
[QUOTE=Xybjj;25439888]Casing: NZXT M59 PSU: AcBel 470w[/QUOTE] What I don't know very well this case, but what the fuck about the PSU ?
HWZ's english is horrible, have to agree on that. Well since i got a larger budget i guess ill go with an i5-750 and a motherboard plus a HAF X casing. What power supply should i get?
Otherwise, OP, you should wait a little more. [editline]16th October 2010[/editline] -automerge broken- [editline]16th October 2010[/editline] Generally, Antec/Corsair/Seasonic are the best power supplies to get for your computer I have an Antec TruePower New 650W in my actual computer
[QUOTE=ADT;25439970]What I don't know very well this case, but what the fuck about the PSU ?[/QUOTE] If I remember right, Corsair/some other reputable brand uses Acbel PSUs. They only rebrand them (means putting them in a fancy new box). [QUOTE=Pedophila;25439984]HWZ's english is horrible, have to agree on that. Well since i got a larger budget i guess ill go with an i5-750 and a motherboard plus a HAF X casing. What power supply should i get?[/QUOTE] what's your new budget bro, i'll try and put a build together using a few pricelists (I was at SLS last week)
[QUOTE=Xybjj;25440040]If I remember right, Corsair/some other reputable brand uses Acbel PSUs. They only rebrand them (means putting them in a fancy new box).[/QUOTE] Oh well, didn't know that. Thanks for the tip
Does corsair not use Seasonic as an OEM?
Bigger budget as in greater than 900$. Its still 1500. I think i still have to get a monitor but focus on hardware first i guess. I can top up a bit more for an monitor.
[QUOTE=Pedophila;25439464]Also, i might be able to stretch the budget a little. Do i need a soundcard? I do a fair bit of listening to music.[/QUOTE] Generally, actuals motherboards have good integrated sound chipset in them (like Realtek ALC889). Don't plan of buying an soundcard if you haven't got really good speakers (or an high quality headphone)
[QUOTE=ADT;25440133]Generally, actuals motherboards have good integrated sound chipset in them (like Realtek ALC889). Don't plan of buying an soundcard if you haven't got really good speakers (or an high quality headphone)[/QUOTE] I'm actually thinking of getting a steelseries or razer gaming headset as well but that will be on the side, not included in this budget. Should i still get a soundcard?
[QUOTE=Luuper;25440114]Does corsair not use Seasonic as an OEM?[/QUOTE] seasonic and CWT
[QUOTE=Pedophila;25440183]I'm actually thinking of getting a steelseries or razer gaming headset as well but that will be on the side, not included in this budget. Should i still get a soundcard?[/QUOTE] You should refer to this topic, if you want to buy some good headsets/headphones: [url]http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?868300-ATTN-Refer-to-here-if-buying-headphones[/url]
Mmmmm this is the first time I'm putting together a build. [url=http://www.fuwell.com.sg/uploads/misc/Fuwell151010.pdf]Pricelist[/url]. For OP: This is all from a single store. All prices in SGD. Case: Cooler Master 690 3 Fan w/ Side Window - $129 PSU: Corsair HX650W Modular PSU 80 Plus - $209 Mobo + CPU: Asus P7H55-M Pro + i5 760 - $425 (they're in a bundle) GPU: MSI GTX460 Hawk 1GB GDDR5 - $369 HDD: Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - $80 RAM: 2x 2GB Corsair DDR3 1333MHz - $116 Optical drive: LG GH22NS - $32 OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit - $148 Total: $1508 I'm pretty sure I did something wrong - but what?
Is the GTX460 more powerful than a 5870? [editline]17th October 2010[/editline] And also, where did you see the corsair RAM? Can't find it anywhere on the pricelist.
PC3 10666/1333 CorsairCL9 is the corsair ram. The optical drive is from a separate price list. I don't think the 460 is more powerful. This is my first time putting together a build, so wait for someone else to take out all the kinks first.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.