• CIPWTTKT&GC February 2012 - sudo cat /dev/urandom > content
    4,837 replies, posted
I can get the same software for a similar price or lower through my dad. I got 3 copies of Windows 7 Ultimate for $15 each through him.
so i can just go to adobe's site and use the coupon code
Can I have one
[QUOTE=SGTNAPALM;34820771]so i can just go to adobe's site and use the coupon code[/QUOTE] [URL]http://www.adobe.com/products/catalog.edu.html[/URL] Coupon code is SAVE80EDU You need a .edu email address and probably proof of current student enrollment (up-to-date school ID)
I think I should tell a PC building story. I was with my friend on Skype as he was guiding me through the building process over webcam. I was in the final stages of the build, as I began to turn my jumbled mess of PSU cables into sufficient power for my super cool gaming device thing with blue LEDs everywhere. "Hey Milk, have you installed your other fans yet?" "... What fans?" Fuck. I only have ONE 120mm fan. Since I wanted my computer to boot up and not explode due to the sheer amount of hellfire. So, I did the most logical thing. I had the carcass of my old 2005 HP prebuilt desktop in my room, completely gutted of all of its organs. I reached in, grabbed an old Foxxcon 80mm fan (The good shit, when the workers assembling them were treated like slaves.) Since it was way too tiny to fit on the fan-grill thing, I needed a new adhesive to apply my shit. Zipties. A bag of one THOUSAND (996 at that time to be exact) black zipties. I used two of those damn things and attached the FUCK out of that thing. Installed windows, got my PC all up and running, and I was ready to do some hardcore computing. I finished downloading my games and began to log on to various internet websites. [b]EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE[/B] ... Going to start a game now, see how my computer runs. [b][u]EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE[/U][/B] FUCK. I fucking had it. Turned off my PC for the night, went down to Fry's and bought myself a new, super cool BLUE LED PRO GAMING 4-pin fan. Now my horribly cable managed computer has plenty of air to circulate around the Medusa-like clump of cables.
[QUOTE=:smugspike:;34820776]Can I have one[/QUOTE] Was that a reply to me?
[QUOTE=Protocol7;34820832][URL]http://www.adobe.com/products/catalog.edu.html[/URL] Coupon code is SAVE80EDU You need a .edu email address and probably proof of current student enrollment (up-to-date school ID)[/QUOTE] No Adobe love for me then, high school doesn't provide .edu or student ID, probably something to do with being in the UK. Edit: Tried out the code, "Promotion Code not valid in this store"
[QUOTE=Makol;34820859]Was that a reply to me?[/QUOTE] yes c:
[QUOTE=:smugspike:;34820946]yes c:[/QUOTE] Sold them for $75 each :v: Using the money for all the Bitfenix cables and saved the rest for two SSDs I plan on getting sometime soon, one for my laptop (which already has a 120gb Corsair GT so I'm getting a second for 240gb total) and the other for my desktop.
[QUOTE=Makol;34820969]Sold them for $75 each :v: Using the money for all the Bitfenix cables and saved the rest for two SSDs I plan on getting sometime soon, one for my laptop (which already has a 120gb Corsair GT so I'm getting a second for 240gb total) and the other for my desktop.[/QUOTE] aw
[QUOTE=brandonsh;34820628]At my school it's literally "http://iptv". There is no password... or in-school cameras for that matter. I can watch ITV1 through it though.[/QUOTE] We have it as 192.168.11.5 or 6. We have three cameras, one is connected via cable. I think I would be able to see and control it but I do not know. I wonder what the default things would be for it.
Am I a bad person for preferring OSX over Windows 7?
[QUOTE=sambooo;34821359]Am I a bad person for preferring OSX over Windows 7?[/QUOTE] OSX isn't really a bad OS, although I'd personally still prefer w7 over OSX.
I've never even really used OSX so I have no opinions on it. If macs weren't so damn expensive I'd have bought one by now to try it.
The 3TB drives are back instock at amazon for 199 each. Oh my god, should I do it? buy 4 of them? SHOULD I
not before I buy them all muahahahaha
[QUOTE=SGTNAPALM;34821432]I've never even really used OSX so I have no opinions on it. If macs weren't so damn expensive I'd have bought one by now to try it.[/QUOTE] I've been using it in a VM so far, I don't think I'd willingly buy Apple hardware unless I had a load of money to spare though.
66$ per terabyte for single TB platters, 64mb Cache, 7,200RPM.
Before you paid ~40$ for a terabyte drive. Seems to be a good enough deal, get it! But I would not get four of the, but yeah, I do not know your financial state so.... Fuck it, get them!
DO IT [editline]22nd February 2012[/editline] HELL, BUY SIX!
[QUOTE=sambooo;34821494]I've been using it in a VM so far, I don't think I'd willingly buy Apple hardware unless I had a load of money to spare though.[/QUOTE] If I had the money, I suppose a top of the line Mac pro would make a good door stop (I could get rid of my spectrum then!)
[QUOTE=tratzzz;34821529]Before you paid ~40$ for a terabyte drive. Seems to be a good enough deal, get it! But I would not get four of the, but yeah, I do not know your financial state so.... Fuck it, get them![/QUOTE] I want RAID 0 performance and then mirroring. So Raid 10. hence 4 of em. I paid 80 for my WD 2TB greens. So yes, about 20 bucks more per TB, but also those drives were much slower and much higher fail rate. So I don't see it as much of a difference.
Buy them all. [editline]22nd February 2012[/editline] I just realize my brother only has 160gb of storage on his PC. That's what happens when you build a PC using a majority of old parts.
[QUOTE=Makol;34821599]I just realize my brother only has 160gb of storage on his PC. That's what happens when you build a PC using a majority of old parts.[/QUOTE] What's the minimum amount of storage you would accept?
Smallest hard drive I've personally owned was a 500gb that I still use now, but if you count SSDs it'd be 120gb.
Fuck this is a lot of money. I need to get a credit card to build credit.
[QUOTE=Makol;34821737]Smallest hard drive I've personally owned was a 500gb that I still use now, but if you count SSDs it'd be 120gb.[/QUOTE] I think the current hard drive I have is 300gb.
[QUOTE=Brt5470;34821774]Fuck this is a lot of money. I need to get a credit card to build credit.[/QUOTE] I only got a credit card to build credit using Newegg purchases when I built my current rig and bought parts for my brother's rig. [editline]22nd February 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=TheCactusman;34821778]I think the current hard drive I have is 300gb.[/QUOTE] How do you live?
I have a ~300GB Windows partition.
[QUOTE=Makol;34821844]How do you live?[/QUOTE] Difficultly. [editline]22nd February 2012[/editline] 32gb left apparently
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.