• NVIDIA GTX 680
    187 replies, posted
Didn't the 680's compute performance get ruined completely? Or was that just luxmark?
[QUOTE=install gentoo;35266742]Didn't the 680's compute performance get ruined completely? Or was that just luxmark?[/QUOTE] Yah that was the OpenGL stuff. Nvidia is trying to make CUDA the industry standard. [url]http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1881/15/[/url] [IMG]http://www.legitreviews.com/images/reviews/1881/luxmark-score.jpg[/IMG]
[QUOTE=GWMCOCD;35266704]Being a person that is into [URL="http://folding.stanford.edu/"]Folding@Home.[/URL] I am quite fond of the tripling of the CUDA cores. GTX 580=512 GTX 680=[B]1536[/B][/QUOTE] Do keep in mind that the clocks on those aren't doubled anymore.
[QUOTE=David Tennant;35265405]From what I remember of the reviews on it, it was actually one of the best performing and quietest cards you could get.[/QUOTE] That's not my point. I'm saying that people who owns flagship cards and want to watercool it most likely already have their own watercooling loop. They don't really need any cheap performing closed loop coolers like these.
Inf swapping the 301.10 drivers and 196.10 drivers = Adaptive V-sync and FXAA for me! Mass Effect is suddenly playable and i'm about to give The Witcher 2 a swing with it too. There's a "Half refresh rate" option under Adaptive V-sync. I think it's supposed to make it remotely possible for people with 120Hz screens to have V-sync. But so far i'm using it with great results on a 60Hz screen in Metro and GTA4. Really. I hope they bring this to all gpu generations, because this is more than just the usual gimmick.
I should try the inf swap with my GTX 460M on my laptop.
I know I'm being stupid here but what's an inf swap? Please forgive me I'm tired.
It's just placing a inf file in a folder. [url]http://www.overclock.net/t/1232734/geforce-com-301-10-whql-driver-for-gtx-680-modified-inf-file-required-for-non-600-cards[/url]
What is that guy on about with the install instructions?
Damn, why don't these Nvidia-guys just make a mega-graphics GTA-style RP-game with thick-furred yeties and.. shit.
[QUOTE=Chubbs;35278067]What is that guy on about with the install instructions?[/QUOTE] Just do the swap and do a clean install, which you can pick during install and you should be go.
[QUOTE=Bomimo;35278324]Just do the swap and do a clean install, which you can pick during install and you should be go.[/QUOTE] It's telling me that my card isn't supported (I'm using a 460 btw). EDIT: I fixed it. [editline]24th March 2012[/editline] Apparently the new drivers are unsigned?
[QUOTE=Bat-shit;35278140]Damn, why don't these Nvidia-guys just make a mega-graphics GTA-style RP-game with thick-furred yeties and.. shit.[/QUOTE] They don't have the capabilities for it. They'd have to hire an entire team pretty much, which would make an already expensive project even more expensive. I'd love to see a game made specifically for one card (like GTX680). See what the devs can do with optimization on old shitty hardware (consoles). Imagine what could be done if the same was done on a cutting edge setup.
Hm. Can't get the inf swap to work.
Note that after install it told me that the installation wasn't complete. On closer inspection Only the grapics driver had been installed while the rest stayed the same.
I keep getting an error about not having compatible graphics hardware.
[QUOTE=Makol;35279641]I keep getting an error about not having compatible graphics hardware.[/QUOTE] Are you in the folder: Display.Driver and swapping over NV_disp.inf? Only swap that single file over and you should be go.
Yup. Did that. I'm doing a clean install of Windows 7 on Thursday so I'll try again then. Although it may not be working because I'm using a laptop with a GTX 460M.
I'll cross my fingers.
[QUOTE=acds;35278594]They don't have the capabilities for it. They'd have to hire an entire team pretty much, which would make an already expensive project even more expensive. I'd love to see a game made specifically for one card (like GTX680). See what the devs can do with optimization on old shitty hardware (consoles). Imagine what could be done if the same was done on a cutting edge setup.[/QUOTE] I want to see a game made for 4096x2160 CF/SLI 7970/680 and equivalent other parts for no bottlenecking. It sounds like Epic is onto something like that but they also said that it was going to be made for the next gen console and the gpu for that one at best would be the 580 or 6970 because I do not think those would want to pay for more than that.
Nvidia 680 GTX ARE YOU READY TO BURN DOWN YOUR HOUSE AGAIN???? Edition from EVGA
[QUOTE=Saq;35285510]Nvidia 680 GTX ARE YOU READY TO BURN DOWN YOUR HOUSE AGAIN???? Edition from EVGA[/QUOTE] The fuck are you talking about
[QUOTE=Saq;35285510]Nvidia 680 GTX ARE YOU READY TO BURN DOWN YOUR HOUSE AGAIN???? Edition from EVGA[/QUOTE] More like: "EVGA GTX 680 "DO YOU REALLY NEED [I]TWO[/I] KIDNEYS?" - EDITION" "GAME INCLUDED: PIRATES: RAIDING THE FAMILY TREASURE CHEST"
[QUOTE=Makol;35282526]Yup. Did that. I'm doing a clean install of Windows 7 on Thursday so I'll try again then. Although it may not be working because I'm using a laptop with a GTX 460M.[/QUOTE] You need to close the main install window and run the setup file in the Display.Driver folder.
It looks amazing but I don't have $500 :( Well I do, but I have to upgrade my Mobo, CPU, RAM, etc here in a month so I'll probably just stick with my 460 SE :v:
Well. If i was to get this, i'd have to get a whole new computer really. p43 motherboard and DDR2 800Mhz ram just doesn't go far.
It's a good idea to wait for the first few batches to come and go anyway. That way, MSI, EVGA etc have time to experiment with their own versions of cooling and whatnot. It gives you more options to choose from in the long run.
[QUOTE=Coridan;35301449]It's a good idea to wait for the first few batches to come and go anyway. That way, MSI, EVGA etc have time to experiment with their own versions of cooling and whatnot. It gives you more options to choose from in the long run.[/QUOTE] Unless you plan on watercooling, in which case, getting reference is a top priority.
Asus and MSI tends to follow the reference design the best. I've had bad experiances with eVGA where the layout is the same, but they used non reference parts such as chokes that are taller than the reference ones.
Bought one. Immediately afterwards my current graphics card's fan tore up.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.