• Android Thread V4 - Got money? Samsung Galaxy S II. No money? ZTE Blade.
    10,283 replies, posted
Is there anything bad about ODIN? I'm on 2.3.6 now, restored apps, now to play around with it!
Thinking of getting a Galaxy Nexus, but can't decide whether to wait for the SGSIII instead. (I currrently have a SGSII)
[QUOTE=iCole;33952157]Is there anything bad about ODIN? I'm on 2.3.6 now, restored apps, now to play around with it![/QUOTE] Nothing bad about it, just a lot of people don't know how to use it, and it will up the Custom Firmware counter iirc.
[QUOTE=punkrjp;33952199]Thinking of getting a Galaxy Nexus, but can't decide whether to wait for the SGSIII instead. (I currrently have a SGSII)[/QUOTE] Just get IgnHelper to smuggle you one of his 10 Galaxy Nexus's :v:
There are a lot of useless apps on my phone that I would love to remove for more space (Until I can get a better SD card at least) Or to make it less cluttered. Theres a bunch of annoying Virgin Mobile LIVE/Music/ect apps on here that I will NEVER use. How can I get rid of these? I went to Uninstall Apps but the option wasn't click-able
[QUOTE=FlamingSpaz;33952209]Nothing bad about it, just a lot of people don't know how to use it, and it will up the Custom Firmware counter iirc.[/QUOTE] I follow tutorials and haven't had a problem so far. Seems to work fine if I don't go around touching things I'm not supposed to. BUT - I re-flashed speedmod kernel, which is supposed to have CWM included, but it doesn't show up in my app drawer (stock TW). What gives?
[QUOTE=Mr. Sun;33952342]There are a lot of useless apps on my phone that I would love to remove for more space (Until I can get a better SD card at least) Or to make it less cluttered. Theres a bunch of annoying Virgin Mobile LIVE/Music/ect apps on here that I will NEVER use. How can I get rid of these? I went to Uninstall Apps but the option wasn't click-able[/QUOTE] Titanium Backups's Freeze ability.
[QUOTE=Mr. Sun;33952342]There are a lot of useless apps on my phone that I would love to remove for more space (Until I can get a better SD card at least) Or to make it less cluttered. Theres a bunch of annoying Virgin Mobile LIVE/Music/ect apps on here that I will NEVER use. How can I get rid of these? I went to Uninstall Apps but the option wasn't click-able[/QUOTE] Root and freeze/uninstall them using something like titanium backup or easy freezy. edit: PyroCF :(
Uninstall them via Titanium Backup
[QUOTE=iCole;33952377]I follow tutorials and haven't had a problem so far. Seems to work fine if I don't go around touching things I'm not supposed to. BUT - I re-flashed speedmod kernel, which is supposed to have CWM included, but it doesn't show up in my app drawer (stock TW). What gives?[/QUOTE] What, does it say CWM app or just CWM included. Also get SiyahKernel on there :P
Yay 10,000 [editline]29th December 2011[/editline] Also is MC2 a good Purchase at 69p?
[QUOTE=FlamingSpaz;33952596]Yay 10,000[/QUOTE] I need to add more to the OP. 1st thing is a glossary of common Android terms etc. If you want to post something and a description I'm sure I can include it in the OP if I see fit.
[QUOTE=PyroCF;33952582]What, does it say CWM app or just CWM included. Also get SiyahKernel on there :P[/QUOTE] "Current features: Root and CWM: - Automatically installs root (su) - CWM recovery" But I always had CWM both in recovery and the app in the OS itself.. wait, is it possbile that CF-Root installed that app before? Because CF-Root was my first rooted kernel, then I switched to speedmod. And I'm thinking about siyah, but still not sure if i should switch or not just yet.
Is it normal for my Galaxy S II to go from 80% Battery to 26% overnight?
Rooting my new Bionic would obviously hurt my relationship with Verizon. Do they stop doing customer support? Will this matter? Do they lock up my device or what? (Post 2000!)
[QUOTE=PyroCF;33952241]Just get IgnHelper to smuggle you one of his 10 Galaxy Nexus's :v:[/QUOTE] Only have one
[QUOTE=Ignhelper;33952791]Only have one[/QUOTE] you should totally take a picture of all your phones lined up :v:
[QUOTE=PyroCF;33952623]I need to add more to the OP. 1st thing is a glossary of common Android terms etc. If you want to post something and a description I'm sure I can include it in the OP if I see fit.[/QUOTE] [B]Android Open Source Project (AOSP)[/B] - The original, Vanilla Android, where full source code is available. [B]Rooting[/B] - [url]http://goo.gl/IPF1l[/url] [B]Recovery[/B] - Low-level system which allows for "flashing" ROM's. Custom recoveries are available which allow Backup/Restore and many other features. [B]Flashing[/B] - Term used to describe the process of copying files, usually versions of Android, onto the phone's memory via Recovery. [B]Application (App)[/B] - A program that runs on your device. [B]Android Package File (APK)[/B] - The extension of an Android app file. [B]Mount[/B] - Attaching a filesystem. "Mounting USB" refers to connecting your device to your computer in mass storage mode. [B]ROM[/B] – A custom version of Android, with various tweaks from their respective developers. [B]Root[/B] - Similar to the "Admin" account on Windows. Root has the abillity to do everything and anything. [B]Rooted[/B] - Refers to one's device having superuser permissions. [B]Over the air (OTA)[/B] - Getting an update for your device from your carriers network. Does not require a computer to upgrade [B]QR code[/B] - [url]http://goo.gl/op1H[/url] [B]SD card[/B] - The storage card you put in your device. This is usually a MicroSD card. [B]sdcard (/mnt/sdcard/)[/B] - On devices with no internal storage, this is the MicroSD card that you put into your device. If the device has internal storage, it will be that. [B]external_sd (/mnt/sdcard/external_sd/)[/B] - Only on devices with internal storage. This also refers to the MicroSD card in your device. [B]Superuser (su)[/B] – Similar to root, but commands to be run as Root are done with the superuser command (su). That's all I can think of right now.
[QUOTE=mankind_me;33952864]you should totally take a picture of all your phones lined up :v:[/QUOTE] Not enough moneh to get a camera
>buy 20 android phones >"no camera lol"
Last time I checked Android phones had a camera
[QUOTE=PyroCF;33953079]Last time I checked Android phones had a camera[/QUOTE] You want me to line them all up
[QUOTE=Samuka97;33953054]>buy 20 android phones >"no camera lol"[/QUOTE] you actually believed him? :v: anyways Ign, that was a good joke really, but I was getting tired of it, sorry :c
[QUOTE=mankind_me;33953137]you actually believed him? :v: anyways Ign, that was a good joke really, but I was getting tired of it, sorry :c[/QUOTE] I really don't have a camera
[QUOTE=Ignhelper;33953151]I really don't have a camera[/QUOTE] line up all phones except one and I'll still believe you
[QUOTE=Ignhelper;33953126]You want me to line them all up[/QUOTE] Just leave your latest one off.
[QUOTE=mankind_me;33953162]line up all phones except one and I'll still believe you[/QUOTE] I gave away my note, and now my uncle's using the nexus. I'm left with shitty GS2 And my fucking sk17a is smashed in some area I know you guys won't trust me
[QUOTE=Ignhelper;33953195]I gave away my note, and now my uncle's using the nexus. I'm left with shitty GS2 And my fucking sk17a is smashed in some area[/QUOTE] BACKPEDDLE BACKPEDDLE Just go to market.android.com go to devices and print screen. Like so: [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/8lKMw.png[/IMG] Also: [t]http://i.imgur.com/9p9vW.jpg[/t]
[QUOTE=Ignhelper;33953195]I gave away my note, and now my uncle's using the nexus. I'm left with shitty GS2 And my fucking sk17a is smashed in some area[/QUOTE] SOUNDS LEGIT
youre weird m8 [editline]29th December 2011[/editline] @ignhelper
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.