• Android Thread V4 - Got money? Samsung Galaxy S II. No money? ZTE Blade.
    10,283 replies, posted
Someone gimme more android Jargon to semi-idiot-proof-idise(?) [B]sk17a[/B] - Tiny phone with no actual monetary or comical value :v:
[QUOTE=iCole;33969100]What exactly does it do? Improve battery life by changing clock speeds?[/QUOTE] it decides when to use the frequencies that are given, 200-1200 mHz without any overclocking (steps are: 100-200-500-800-1000-1200-1400-1600; the steps on a GS2)
[QUOTE=FlamingSpaz;33969339]Someone gimme more android Jargon to semi-idiot-proof-idise(?) [B]sk17a[/B] - Tiny phone with no actual monetary or comical value :v:[/QUOTE] [B]Ignhelper[/B] - The owner of every Android device on the planet Am I doing this right :v:
No, because we are yet to see evidence of that. Also I tried my friends Galaxy Nexus today, so niiiice.
[QUOTE=Jimbojib;33969458]No, because we are yet to see evidence of that.[/QUOTE] Well I wasn't exactly being serious. if he could just prove he owns ONE of the devices, depending on which one would we chose or so. smartassV2 set
So now I've set Opera Mobile as the default browser on my Galaxy Player. Feels good.
[QUOTE=FlamingSpaz;33969339]Someone gimme more android Jargon to semi-idiot-proof-idise(?) [B]sk17a[/B] - Tiny phone with no actual monetary or comical value :v:[/QUOTE] [b]Galaxy Note[/b] - a gigantic phone with a requirement for you to get larger pockets in order to accommodate that gigantic screen. And has actual usefulness with that stylus where you have perfectly good excuses to use it in class.[I] Since the Galaxy Note has the most cutting edge technology, you will shine in the classroom with it! With the fastest hardware and soon to come ICS support, everyone in your classroom will be jealous of your shiny Galaxy Note![/I] /more bs high pitch advertising
shitty request, but anyone gota nice site to get wallpapers?
Links to wallpapers about 6-4 pages back (thread goes to fast to remember accurately).
[QUOTE=C4rnage;33972750]shitty request, but anyone gota nice site to get wallpapers?[/QUOTE] wallbase.cc [editline]30th December 2011[/editline] lots of wallpapers there
[url]http://4walled.org/[/url]
[QUOTE=garychencool;33972204][b]Galaxy Note[/b] - a gigantic phone with a requirement for you to get larger pockets in order to accommodate that gigantic screen. And has actual usefulness with that stylus where you have perfectly good excuses to use it in class.[I] Since the Galaxy Note has the most cutting edge technology, you will shine in the classroom with it! With the fastest hardware and soon to come ICS support, everyone in your classroom will be jealous of your shiny Galaxy Note![/I] /more bs high pitch advertising[/QUOTE] [B]Galaxy Player[/B] - An MP3 player that does everything except for be a phone. [editline]30th December 2011[/editline] Er. Happy Page king.
I'm trying to get Clockworkmod recovery on my Galaxy S II (the sprint model, technically an Epic 4G Touch), but I can't use Odin because I don't have access to a Windows computer, what do
[QUOTE=Octave;33973826]I'm trying to get Clockworkmod recovery on my Galaxy S II (the sprint model, technically an Epic 4G Touch), but I can't use Odin because I don't have access to a Windows computer, what do[/QUOTE]hey sexy
hey is it possible (im sure it is but i couldnt find it) to plug in a usb drive/usb device (external hard drive) into my Android phone? And be able to read (movies) stuff off it? And copy stuff over each other and such? I know ill need another cable, or an adapter for it.
[QUOTE=FlamingSpaz;33964620]Imagine if someone made an MP mod...[/QUOTE] Well Android GTA III uses PC files,you can modify them/install mods and there is a PC MP mod So it is a possiblity [editline]30th December 2011[/editline] [QUOTE=garychencool;33973870]hey is it possible (im sure it is but i couldnt find it) to plug in a usb drive/usb device (external hard drive) into my Android phone? And be able to read (movies) stuff off it? And copy stuff over each other and such? I know ill need another cable, or an adapter for it.[/QUOTE] It is possible if you have a USB OUT to USB OUT thingy. Not sure about the hard drives since they require power to work, but flash drives and external keyboards/mice were proved to be working
[quote] Does anyone else do this? >GET SUPER EXPENSIVE PRODUCT >TREAT LIKE GOLD FOR FIRST DAY >days later >treat like shit [/quote] Yeah, I treated my Sony Erricsson Xperia Mini Pro like fucking gold, until it got a few bumps and scratches. From there on, I treated it worse and worse everyday. I really thought that by now my Mini Pro would be nothing more that a small pile of plastic... Still using it :v:
Ignhelper only has a SGS2, nothing else. I have no clue why he's lying on here.
[QUOTE=superstepa;33974279] It is possible if you have a USB OUT to USB OUT thingy. Not sure about the hard drives since they require power to work, but flash drives and external keyboards/mice were proved to be working[/QUOTE] Wow, I found it difficult to find this, even at tiger direct...
[img]http://puu.sh/c0M2[/img] When I do anything that involves upscaling from a low resolution, it does this filtering shit. Is it fixable?
[QUOTE=Pedophila;33974525]Ignhelper only has a SGS2, nothing else. I have no clue why he's lying on here.[/QUOTE] I don't know where you even got this
just got an atrix 2, oh god I love it so much I don't think I could ever go back to iOS
[QUOTE=Ignhelper;33974870]I don't know where you even got this[/QUOTE] Well, It's true.
[QUOTE=Octave;33973826]I'm trying to get Clockworkmod recovery on my Galaxy S II (the sprint model, technically an Epic 4G Touch), but I can't use Odin because I don't have access to a Windows computer, what do[/QUOTE] Use Heimdall. [editline]30th December 2011[/editline] [QUOTE=IdiotStorm;33975612]just got an atrix 2, oh god I love it so much I don't think I could ever go back to iOS[/QUOTE] Wait until you get a bootloader unlock and development starts for your phone.
[QUOTE=Pedophila;33974525]Ignhelper only has a SGS2, nothing else. I have no clue why he's lying on here.[/QUOTE] Why do you think he is lying? -------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted from my seventy-second galaxy nexus using an useragent
I've spent over an hour on XDA-Dev forums trying to figure out how to root my Samsung Galaxy S II and flash on CyanogenMod from my Macbook Pro, but it's really got me stumped (I'm new to Android, sorry). Here are the two guides I tried to follow. [url]http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1383464[/url] (I tried the third ) [url]http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/wiki/Samsung_Galaxy_S_II:_Full_Update_Guide[/url] (I realize this isn't specifically targeted at the Skyrocket, or even a way to root your phone, would it still work?) I think my main problem is that I'm having trouble making my computer recognize my phone while it's in USB debugging mode (I have allowed applications from unknown sources on). If I turn on the USB mass storage option, my computer picks my phone up as a USB device, but applications such as Heimdall or Odin still don't pick my phone up. Something else interesting is that Spotify detects my phone regardless of whether USB mass storage is on or off on my phone. Any help would be appreciated :)
[QUOTE=superstepa;33976508]Why do you think he is lying? -------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted from my seventy-second galaxy nexus using an useragent[/QUOTE] I know him on Facebook and Steam, when I asked for pictures of his supposedly "broken" SK17a, he said he left it on the road. Yup, very convincing.
Oh wow, read the first part of your post and wrote this without reading the rest. [quote]Dial *#1234# The last 3 letters of PDA are the ones you need. Download ODIN (Google it.) Connect your phone. Download the correct cf-root here. [url]http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1103399[/url] The correct one is the one that has the last 3 chars from the PDA stuff you looked at in the first step. For example, the last 3 chars of my PDA was KI4: CF-Root-SGS2_XW_NEE_KI4-v4.1-CWM4.tar I got that. Then open odin, connect phone, hit the PDA button, select the tar you downloaded, press start. That's about it.[/quote] Anyway, at the top of your screen, slide that shit down, it should say "USB CONNECTED" or some shit, press that shit, you see this shit [img]http://www.gadgetvenue.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/Dream-Android-2-2-usb.png[/img] Turn on usb storage, do your shit, DONT DISCONNECT THE CABLE UNTIL YOU TURN IT OFF. EDIT: AND I JUST READ THE LAST SENTENCE OF YOUR POST. :v:
How did the Android robot grow a USB out of his hand anyway?
[QUOTE=Wootman;33977370]How did the Android robot grow a USB out of his hand anyway?[/QUOTE] Undercover Transformer. One day our phones will combine to defeat [del]Appl[/del]Decepticons.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.