• Why you all should love and respect Brt5470
    70 replies, posted
God you people make me want to get another computer build. Though my current one should last me for a while so I will not complain. Though nice builds.
I think i'll make a small build log when i buy a new case, most of my hardware is new or like-new right now. Just have to wait on my federal tax return :v:
I'm gonna marry Brt5470
War5470.
[QUOTE=Warship;34760367]I'm gonna marry Brt5470[/QUOTE] You have to be fast for that, there are people hunting him alaready!
BrtShip
[QUOTE=Makol;34749552]giving away my 6870s[/QUOTE] Hi :> Also, you're a good man Brt. I don't like the HAF cases that much either, but I feel like I should get one just because they're cheap and huge. :v:
[QUOTE=Warship;34760480]BrtShip[/QUOTE] no youre the girl ok
[QUOTE=Warship;34760480]BrtShip[/QUOTE] Yeah, about that [img]http://a1.twimg.com/profile_images/1813507898/vbhj_reasonably_small.png[/img] VS [img]http://i.horsedrowner.com/brt.gif[/img]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/AMqHX.jpg[/IMG] Finally fixed up some cables and replaced some fans. It is finished for now. Just playing the waiting game for Nvidia's new cards. [editline]18th February 2012[/editline] [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/DOirA.jpg[/IMG]
[QUOTE='[EG] Pepper;34761839']Yeah, about that [img]http://a1.twimg.com/profile_images/1813507898/vbhj_reasonably_small.png[/img] VS [img]http://i.horsedrowner.com/brt.gif[/img][/QUOTE] :colbert:
[QUOTE=Warship;34762264]:colbert:[/QUOTE] Get back to the kitchen
I'll make sure to use some PEPPER
Makol, if you [I]literally[/I] mean the PSU in your former rig exploded with such force that it tore a hole in the chassis (let alone escaped the PSU enclosure), then what you had was not a PSU, but a bomb. There is no component inside a computer PSU that can explode with such force that it will tear a hole (or even dent) the enclosure of the PSU itself. Even "IED" PSUs the worst that can happen is something catching on fire.
[QUOTE=bohb;34769171]Makol, if you [I]literally[/I] mean the PSU in your former rig exploded with such force that it tore a hole in the chassis (let alone escaped the PSU enclosure), then what you had was not a PSU, but a bomb. There is no component inside a computer PSU that can explode with such force that it will tear a hole (or even dent) the enclosure of the PSU itself. Even "IED" PSUs the worst that can happen is something catching on fire.[/QUOTE] The area where the power supply is held in with screws were completely bent facing out, and the grill on the back of the psu was pushed out. And yes there was fire. The power supply lasted about four months until doing that.
[QUOTE=Makol;34771178]The area where the power supply is held in with screws were completely bent facing out, and the grill on the back of the psu was pushed out. And yes there was fire. The power supply lasted about four months until doing that.[/QUOTE] Happen to have any photos?
[QUOTE=wingless;34771228]Happen to have any photos?[/QUOTE] On my Nikon yes, I had to send them to Antec. Not sure where that camera is though since my mom took it on vacation with us earlier this week. I'll have to wait until she gets home and ask her where it is.
[QUOTE=bohb;34769171]Makol, if you [I]literally[/I] mean the PSU in your former rig exploded with such force that it tore a hole in the chassis (let alone escaped the PSU enclosure), then what you had was not a PSU, but a bomb. There is no component inside a computer PSU that can explode with such force that it will tear a hole (or even dent) the enclosure of the PSU itself. Even "IED" PSUs the worst that can happen is something catching on fire.[/QUOTE] You seriously underestimate the power of electricity. I blew a hole in a pair of pliers when I accidentally cut the power cord to an alarm clock radio, something that'd be drawing much less power than a PSU.
[QUOTE=Killerelf12;34772087]You seriously underestimate the power of electricity. I blew a hole in a pair of pliers when I accidentally cut the power cord to an alarm clock radio, something that'd be drawing much less power than a PSU.[/QUOTE] But wouldn't that make sense since the mains probably was flowing through them? Still, capacitors in PSU's can hold lethal amounts of electricity, so I could imagine them being very dangerous if they explode.
A friend of mine and a PSU spark and leave scorch marks all over his wall. It was Coolmax so yeah.
[QUOTE=Demache;34772637]But wouldn't that make sense since the mains probably was flowing through them? Still, capacitors in PSU's can hold lethal amounts of electricity, so I could imagine them being very dangerous if they explode.[/QUOTE] And mains power goes into a PSU. However, a radio wouldn't draw anywhere near the amount of current a PSU at 300W would.
[QUOTE=Makol;34771240]On my Nikon yes, I had to send them to Antec. Not sure where that camera is though since my mom took it on vacation with us earlier this week. I'll have to wait until she gets home and ask her where it is.[/QUOTE] if u emailed them u should be able to search your sent items to get them
[QUOTE=Shadaez;34774417]if u emailed them u should be able to search your sent items to get them[/QUOTE] if u bother u should be able to type you
[QUOTE=Shadaez;34774417]if u emailed them u should be able to search your sent items to get them[/QUOTE] It was one of those live chat things. Their system is terrible and slow, but at least they reply unlike Asus.
[QUOTE=Makol;34771178]The area where the power supply is held in with screws were completely bent facing out, and the grill on the back of the psu was pushed out. And yes there was fire. The power supply lasted about four months until doing that.[/QUOTE] If it exploded with such force, I could only imagine a main capacitor failing catastrophically. Usually they just leak and stop flowing power. Hell, if the fets or the drivers explode, it'll just leave a bad burning smell and sparks. Also, with your bad luck of your systems, I would highly advise of a power conditioner, I think there's more to the story than just simply bad luck.
Well yeah, it's not just bad luck. If I knew what exactly happen I would have mentioned it at some point but I don't. Antec doesn't even know what happened after I sent the photos and described what happened, all they said was "we have been looking into this". I'm not the only one who had this happen apparently.
[QUOTE=SataniX;34774464]if u bother u should be able to type you[/QUOTE] sry ill try 2 do that N the future
[QUOTE=Makol;34781799]Well yeah, it's not just bad luck. If I knew what exactly happen I would have mentioned it at some point but I don't. Antec doesn't even know what happened after I sent the photos and described what happened, all they said was "we have been looking into this". I'm not the only one who had this happen apparently.[/QUOTE] What type of voltage comes into your house? You should maybe try getting a competent electrician to check out the voltages and various other electrical details of your house. Could be you're getting bad power. Oh best part is, having cleaner power going into your PC might improve sound quality :D
I have no what kind of voltage my house has. And we're actually having an electrician come by this week or next week since all the lights in our kitchen and dining room randomly lose power.
[QUOTE=Makol;34782204]I have no what kind of voltage my house has. And we're actually having an electrician come by this week or next week since all the lights in our kitchen and dining room randomly lose power.[/QUOTE] I would unplug your pc until it gets checked out then. That's probably a big sign as to why your PSU may have fried. Most PSU's have active PFC in them, but I'm still worried about spiking voltages from the standard 120V. ( I'm assuming you live in the US ) Electronics like these are very sensitive to power. You actually might have just answered my long term question though, why do people have broken electronics within a few months, instead of the couple of years that I do. None of my electronics in the US have suffered a deadly fate, until, well it's basically EOL. While my systems in Asia ( note worse power, and lesser quality surge protectors ) usually die earlier than similar ones in the US. PS: Which state do you live in, and how old is your house? Has any electrical work been done? Do you happen to know what major appliances are on when your PSU went bye bye?
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.