• An error [-5004 : 0x80041f42] has occurred while running the setup. !URGENT!
    13 replies, posted
So, I'm currently trying to install a game, and this error comes up. Can someone please help, I can't specify more info than this. Urgent! [editline]11th January 2011[/editline] Anyone?
Damn, nobody ever checks this forum ):
nobody is going to help if they don't know what you're trying to install [editline]12th January 2011[/editline] did you contact the developer by forums or other means?
[QUOTE=Roo-kie;27366501]nobody is going to help if they don't know what you're trying to install [editline]12th January 2011[/editline] did you contact the developer by forums or other means?[/QUOTE] Well, I looked around google and found nothing, the game is Oblivion: IV
This is underpopulated.
You sure it's Oblivion? I just did a quick Google search with the message from the installer, and it comes up matches with an error from Civilization IV installer.
[QUOTE=Hizan;27370754]You sure it's Oblivion? I just did a quick Google search with the message from the installer, and it comes up matches with an error from Civilization IV installer.[/QUOTE] The error is probably more common with this installer. Also, it says Oblivion on the front case, and disc. So I am pretty sure.
Have you updated your video drivers? And while you're at that, what are your specs? Oh yeah, if you're using Windows 7/Vista, are you running as Administrator? [QUOTE=Hizan;27370754]You sure it's Oblivion? I just did a quick Google search with the message from the installer, and it comes up matches with an error from Civilization IV installer.[/QUOTE] It's a gamebryo error, directly related to a windows driver error ([-5009 : 0x80041342])
[QUOTE=ExplodingGuy;27371054]Have you updated your video drivers? And while you're at that, what are your specs? Oh yeah, if you're using Windows 7/Vista, are you running as Administrator? It's a gamebryo error, directly related to a windows driver error ([-5009 : 0x80041342])[/QUOTE] I have the newest drivers from Nvidia dedicated to my card. Specs: [img]http://filesmelt.com/dl/spcs.png[/img] I am currently listed as an admin on my personal PC. Fallout 3/NV does not give me that error upon installation. [editline]12th January 2011[/editline] Whoops, old image, I have the current drivers.
Start>run>services.msc, scroll down to "Windows Installer" and double click it. Stop the service if it is running, set the startup type line to disabled>apply Delete the contents of the temp folders here:- C:\Windows\temp C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\local settings\temp Start>run>>services.msc, scroll down to "Windows Installer" and double click it. Reenable it-make the startup to manual. Restart. Also, you will need to get more RAM, Oblivion won't run well with 2 Gigs, she's a resource hog. [editline]000[/editline] What you have is a dirty installation, if this doesn't solve the problem, you will need to delete certain registries. [editline]001[/editline] Why is it saying I rated myself?
[QUOTE=ExplodingGuy;27371644]Start>run>services.msc, scroll down to "Windows Installer" and double click it. Stop the service if it is running, set the startup type line to disabled>apply Delete the contents of the temp folders here:- C:\Windows\temp C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\local settings\temp Start>run>>services.msc, scroll down to "Windows Installer" and double click it. Reenable it-make the startup to manual. Restart. Also, you will need to get more RAM, Oblivion won't run well with 2 Gigs, she's a resource hog. [editline]000[/editline] What you have is a dirty installation, if this doesn't solve the problem, you will need to delete certain registries. [editline]001[/editline] Why is it saying I rated myself?[/QUOTE] Ahh fuck my ass. This did not work at all. Fucking waste of money this has been, fucking installer, fucking errors. Why is this ALWAYS happening to me, I get all the uncommon errors! [editline]12th January 2011[/editline] Current error (modified for your (my) pleasure) [img]http://filesmelt.com/dl/fuckingshitsoft.png[/img]
so post on the Bethesda forums for some product support? [url]http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/forum/87-iv-oblivion/[/url] oh wait I bet you didn't pay for it
[QUOTE=Roo-kie;27374421]so post on the Bethesda forums for some product support? [url]http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/forum/87-iv-oblivion/[/url] oh wait I bet you didn't pay for it[/QUOTE] It costed me 18 bucks.
you paid for product support when you bought it, so I don't know why you'd be asking here as opposed to the official forums just sayin'
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.