• Windows 10 v2: Cortana the Corporate Spy Edition
    4,999 replies, posted
Has anyone had any luck fixing the issue of the old Unreal engine (think UT '99 and Postal 2) not liking Windows 10? I did some researching and found a few solutions but could never get any to work.
[QUOTE=InsanePyro;52349309]Has anyone had any luck fixing the issue of the old Unreal engine (think UT '99 and Postal 2) not liking Windows 10? I did some researching and found a few solutions but could never get any to work.[/QUOTE] I remember running ut99, but something happened that didn't let me join an online game server
It runs for me but I can't go full screen, get a resolution over 800x600 or use any graphics setting past the bare minimum
[QUOTE=Demache;52346859]No. I believe you can delay them up to 30 days.[/QUOTE] ok darn. Two more problems have arised since that post. 1. Audio is super quiet if I have my headphones plugged into my monitor (nvidia HD sound, benq monitor) that worked on windows 7. I've tried uninstalling realtek hd drivers but they keep reinstalling. 2. My CPU usage is above 90% when I'm playing a game. It never got that high on Win 7. I messed with my nvidia settings and that helped a few %, still working this one out via google, but haven't found like a specific culprit.
[QUOTE=Ricenchicken;52351719]ok darn. Two more problems have arised since that post. 2. My CPU usage is above 90% when I'm playing a game. It never got that high on Win 7. I messed with my nvidia settings and that helped a few %, still working this one out via google, but haven't found like a specific culprit.[/QUOTE] I share your suffering, I have 100% CPU when playing overwatch, 720p even
[QUOTE=InsanePyro;52351373]It runs for me but I can't go full screen, get a resolution over 800x600 or use any graphics setting past the bare minimum[/QUOTE] Don't have my UT99 install media around but I just tested and Postal 2 was running fine maxxed at 1080p fullscreen.
[QUOTE=InsanePyro;52351373]It runs for me but I can't go full screen, get a resolution over 800x600 or use any graphics setting past the bare minimum[/QUOTE] You should get [URL="http://kentie.net/article/d3d10drv/index.htm"]kentie's Direct3D 10[/URL] renderer, it fixes compatibility with modern systems for Rune, Deus Ex, and the Unreal games.
[QUOTE=kisaraji;52353269]You should get [URL="http://kentie.net/article/d3d10drv/index.htm"]kentie's Direct3D 10[/URL] renderer, it fixes compatibility with modern systems for Rune, Deus Ex, and the Unreal games.[/QUOTE] I have no clue what happened but for the sake of maybe somehow helping someone that comes across this here it goes. I had already tried that before and other things but I figured why not give it a go again. So I reinstalled it and started the game. Got an error I forgot about from some other tinkering I was doing with some other files. Couldn't remember what exactly so I deleted the system folder and verified the game files to get it all back. Went to start the game just to make sure it was back to stock form and lo and behold...everything works as it should without anything extra. No clue what I did. I must have reinstalled it 5 times since I switched to Win10 and this started happening. P.S. Postal 2 is also happy now. I must of updated something somewhere along the lines...
[QUOTE=Scratch.;52352076]I share your suffering, I have 100% CPU when playing overwatch, 720p even[/QUOTE] dang.. isnt constant 100% cpu bad? that's what has me worried on staying in win 10
[QUOTE=Ricenchicken;52354583]dang.. isnt constant 100% cpu bad? that's what has me worried on staying in win 10[/QUOTE] If your thermals are good there's nothing bad about having it pegged at 100% load. They're designed to cope with that. I'm gonna assume you're on Sandy Bridge or something like that? Seems there were an issue where the Task Manager reported a 100% all the time - at least that was the case for me - but really it wasn't.
lots of surface laptop reviews are coming out and microsoft really did give the damn thing a 14 hour battery. engadget got double the battery life out of it compared to the surface pro 4
[QUOTE=Scratch.;52352076]I share your suffering, I have 100% CPU when playing overwatch, 720p even[/QUOTE] If you're running uncapped fps lowering the resolution actually makes your cpu work harder. Lower resolution = GPU can output more fps and the cpu has to keep up with that.
[QUOTE=RautaPalli;52356024]If you're running uncapped fps lowering the resolution actually makes your cpu work harder. Lower resolution = GPU can output more fps and the cpu has to keep up with that.[/QUOTE] It averages 50-60
[QUOTE=GoDong-DK;52355751]If your thermals are good there's nothing bad about having it pegged at 100% load. They're designed to cope with that. I'm gonna assume you're on Sandy Bridge or something like that? Seems there were an issue where the Task Manager reported a 100% all the time - at least that was the case for me - but really it wasn't.[/QUOTE] um I think i'm on an asus. It doesn't stay at 100% but it goes from like 85% to 100% while playing. I just went back to Win 7 and playing the same game my cpu doesn't go above 80% now. And chrome made my CPU go up to 30-40% while right now with music playing, and several tabs opening I'm going from 6% to 13%
[QUOTE=Ricenchicken;52356662]I think i'm on an asus[/QUOTE] :thinking: [t]https://tenryuu.blob.core.windows.net/astrid/17-06-14_13-19-27-Task_Manager.png[/t] [editline]14th June 2017[/editline] I just opened the cd drive and took out the blank cdr this happened [t]https://tenryuu.blob.core.windows.net/astrid/17-06-14_13-24-35-Task_Manager.png[/t] the fuck
sadly no cd in my drive :(
Apparently Microsoft still haven't fixed broken frequency display in task manager if you OC your processor so my 3570k has clock speed of 6ghz now :thinking:
Question, if a restore point on System Restore has a program's install as its description, will it restore to the point before the program was installed or after it was installed?
[QUOTE=Fox Powers;52368358]Question, if a restore point on System Restore has a program's install as its description, will it restore to the point before the program was installed or after it was installed?[/QUOTE] Before.
[QUOTE=Megalan;52367299]Apparently Microsoft still haven't fixed broken frequency display in task manager if you OC your processor so my 3570k has clock speed of 6ghz now :thinking:[/QUOTE] related, AMD sometimes throws me a little notification it can't set the proper refresh rate for my second monitor and it's just stuck in 30hz until I restart. Once I tried unplugging and replugging in the monitors while it was on. And it made windows restart on the spot. what is going on
Anyone else got frozen startup menu sometimes after wake up ?
Came back from a week long trip, with my PC unplugged the entire time. My PC automagically turned from Windows 10 Pro (migrated from W7 Pro) to Windows 10 Enterprise on a nonexistent workgroup, and then deactivated itself. :huh:
[QUOTE=Saber15;52395155]Came back from a week long trip, with my PC unplugged the entire time. My PC automagically turned from Windows 10 Pro (migrated from W7 Pro) to Windows 10 Enterprise on a nonexistent workgroup, and then deactivated itself. :huh:[/QUOTE] Hack the Planet
Alright, I've formatted my computer and I am automatically on the latest W10 update, which is part of the Creator's Update, which causes framerate problems on some games I play. How can I install a previous non-Creators Update?
[QUOTE=Kinky Frog;52396969]Alright, I've formatted my computer and I am automatically on the latest W10 update, which is part of the Creator's Update, which causes framerate problems on some games I play. How can I install a previous non-Creators Update?[/QUOTE] You did remove the game bar right? [editline]25th June 2017[/editline] Pretty sure the only official way to download old versions is with an MSDN account. The usual website and media creator will return the latest version of windows. Which means finding a source that serves isos, and hasn't been taken down by the legal team
I have an ISO for 1607, PM me
I've uploaded the latest build here: [url]https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/software-download/windows10[/url]
IMO 1511 was the best version. Anyone have an ISO of that?
[QUOTE=chipsnapper2;52400262]IMO 1511 was the best version. Anyone have an ISO of that?[/QUOTE] I have 1511 N but that's not going to be much use I imagine.
It's such horseshit that you need to do the upgrade thing from 8 to 10 all over again when doing a fresh install (also tried phone verification, didn't work). Got a new key via my uni for 10 euros and just used that one, but man this shouldn't be necessary at all.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.