• Android thread V-faze is the epitome of fanboy who does nothing but moan and insult people.
    10,001 replies, posted
[QUOTE=pawelte1;35780392]That's great. Right now I'm going to wait a few days for the update. I'll let know in this thread if there will be problems with this.[/QUOTE] brotip: if you follow any guide, follow it [B]step by step and read it at least twice before you do anything.[/B] Reading helps. A lot. Helps you understand what you are doing properly and obviously that lowers the chance of screwing up. [editline]1st May 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=waxrock;35780701]God miui is so pretty. [img]http://niggaupload.com/images/p24zv.jpg[/img][/QUOTE] Those black edges on the bottom, wtf? 2/10 design not perfect would not flash.
Actually Touchwiz is a lot prettier than I thought it would be. But I probably wouldn't pick it over default ICS.
[QUOTE=Over-Run;35778453]I tried to boot into download mode and it said something about using other OS's and now it says its downloading something but my phone isn't plugged into the pc? Kies wont pick my phone up either and neither will Odin. Kies just says its connecting but wont do anything[/QUOTE] God what are you doing, you're in download mode, it's not downloading anything yet, it's just saying that. And you're supposed to close any and all Kies processes..
[QUOTE=Demonkahh;35781038]Actually Touchwiz is a lot prettier than I thought it would be. But I probably wouldn't pick it over default ICS.[/QUOTE] TouchWiz 4 was only good on Android 2.3, Samsung ruined the look of ICS with it.
[QUOTE=waxrock;35780701]God miui is so pretty. [img]http://puu.sh/slRl[/img][/QUOTE] miui is a good rom, but really, its a total rip-off from iOS
[QUOTE=TippZ;35781154]miui is a good rom, but really, its a total rip-off from iOS[/QUOTE] That's why it's good. Seriously, don't know what it is about Android users but they cannot into graphics design at all. MIUI is my favorite ROM because it combines the versatility of Android with all the great UI cues of iOS.
[QUOTE=roflcakes;35781454]That's why it's good. Seriously, don't know what it is about Android users but they cannot into graphics design at all. MIUI is my favorite ROM because it combines the versatility of Android with all the great UI cues of iOS.[/QUOTE] If you use MIUI and install apps from the market, doesn't that ruin the whole experience? Or is MIUI in any way forcing its theme on custom apps as well? I've never flashed MIUI so I have no idea.
[QUOTE=mobrockers2;35781052]God what are you doing, you're in download mode, it's not downloading anything yet, it's just saying that. And you're supposed to close any and all Kies processes..[/QUOTE] It didn't have any options, it said it was downloading and not to turn off target but the phone was frozen so I had to turn it off :S
[QUOTE=waxrock;35780701]God miui is so pretty. [IMG]http://puu.sh/slRl[/IMG][/QUOTE] All that white UI on a SAMOLED screen = Double screen power draw
Has anybody experiences with either the Sony Xperia S or the HTC One S? I can get myself a new phone (byby my dear old Desire) and I'm right now looking at those two.
[QUOTE=Samuka97;35778147]I love how he says he doesn't have time to root due to school and work, yet he has almost triple the time to spend talking about it on Facepunch :v:[/QUOTE] Only because I was rendering a short film and writing up an essay. I was switching back and forth facepunch a lot, and Reddit.
[QUOTE=K1ngo64;35782294]All that white UI on a SAMOLED screen = Double screen power draw[/QUOTE] That's a pretty dumb thing to say, but by reading this post I realized why Android has a black interface.
[QUOTE=rosthouse;35782552]Has anybody experiences with either the Sony Xperia S or the HTC One S? I can get myself a new phone (byby my dear old Desire) and I'm right now looking at those two.[/QUOTE] The One S is a great phone for the price.
[QUOTE=pawelte1;35782607]That's a pretty dumb thing to say, but by reading this post I realized why Android has a black interface.[/QUOTE] Why dumb? He's right. White causes more battery usage on AMOLED screens. If you would use a white UI and 100% brightness, the battery of your Galaxy S2 would be gone within a few hours.
[QUOTE=iCole;35783161]Why dumb? He's right. White causes more battery usage on AMOLED screens. If you would use a white UI and 100% brightness, the battery of your Galaxy S2 would be gone within a few hours.[/QUOTE] Also, using Screen Filter is only useful on AMOLED screens because black on LCD uses more power. But it's still better to use in to save my eyes at night.
So there's this new official CM9 for my Note. All works nice, except... EXCEPT MY FUCKING BROWSERS STILL GET KILLED. FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK
Do you know if anyone else with a Note experiences that? Because if not, then I'm really thinking this is somekind of a [B]weird[/B] hardware defect.
[QUOTE=iCole;35783161]Why dumb?[/QUOTE] I was actually referring to my lack of thinking because it was today when I realized the purpose of black UI.
I just upgraded from a M835 to a galaxy attain from metro. It's a really nice phone and i've already rooted it, the one thing i don't like is all the adware though.
Ads? [URL]https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.adaway[/URL] (one of many ad blockers) When Google started putting shit-tier ads (LOL MEETUP IN UR CITY?) into Maps, I just had to install this. Now ads are gone everywhere (except angry birds where it sort of glitches). [I]Before anyone throws rocks at me for disabling ads - 99% of downloaded apps on my phone are either paid versions or free adless versions. The only exceptions are ROM manager (I never use it anyway, it comes with CM) and Angry Birds Space.[/I]
[QUOTE=TheDestroyerOfall;35784613]I just upgraded from a M835 to a galaxy attain from metro. It's a really nice phone and i've already rooted it, the one thing i don't like is all the adware though.[/QUOTE] Use titanium backup to uninstall carrier bloatware and adaway to get rid of in app ads.
[QUOTE=PyroCF;35783118]The One S is a great phone for the price.[/QUOTE] It's my favourite right now, but no micro-sd slot and only 16GB of space is what's putting me off right now.
If 16GB is not enough for you, then the phone might not be right for you. If you have a ton of music that you want to listen to on the go, or watch tv shows/movies then you might want more space. I watch a ton, that's why I have a 32gb MicroSD card.
[QUOTE=garychencool;35785735]If 16GB is not enough for you, then the phone might not be right for you. If you have a ton of music that you want to listen to on the go, or watch tv shows/movies then you might want more space. I watch a ton, that's why I have a 32gb MicroSD card.[/QUOTE] It comes with 25Gb dropbox storage
[QUOTE=garychencool;35785735]If 16GB is not enough for you, then the phone might not be right for you. If you have a ton of music that you want to listen to on the go, or watch tv shows/movies then you might want more space. I watch a ton, that's why I have a 32gb MicroSD card.[/QUOTE] If I think about it, so far I was able to cope with 8gb :v: But I would like to get some more games on it, so my space requirements would go up fast.
I have 26.79GB of music. My SD card is pretty much all music. At this rate I'll have to buy an iPod.
[QUOTE=PyroCF;35785893]It comes with 25Gb dropbox storage[/QUOTE] Mobile Data Bandwidth limits? I wouldn't stream music off DropBox or any other online cloud storage, even if I did have unlimited 3G/4G, etc. 25GB of DropBox or not, I wouldn't really like being stuck with only 16GB, IMO. [editline]1st May 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=rosthouse;35785898]If I think about it, so far I was able to cope with 8gb :v: But I would like to get some more games on it, so my space requirements would go up fast.[/QUOTE] You might end up regretting not getting any other phone with microSD card expansion) because of the limited space. The One S is still an amazing phone, but if you need/want/might want the storage, I would recommend the Xperia S because it has more space to begin with. Also, mobile games (well, the 3D ones) are getting better and better, and larger, requiring more space and CPU/RAM/phone resources. Both have high end specs, so it can handle these games. TL;DR: I would recommend any other phone strictly because of the microSD card expansion option. Or the Xperia S over the One S since it has more internal storage space.
[QUOTE=garychencool;35785961]Mobile Data Bandwidth limits? I wouldn't stream music off DropBox or any other online cloud storage, even if I did have unlimited 3G/4G, etc. 25GB of DropBox or not, I wouldn't really like being stuck with only 16GB, IMO. [editline]1st May 2012[/editline] You might end up regretting not getting the Xperia S (or any other phone with microSD card expansion) because of the limited space. The One S is still an amazing phone, but if you need/want/might want the storage, I would recommend the Xperia S (or any other phone with microSD card expansion). Also, mobile games (well, the 3D ones) are getting better and better, and larger, requiring more space and CPU/RAM/phone resources. Both have high end specs, so it can handle these games. TL;DR: I would recommend the Xperia S strictly because of the microSD card expansion option.[/QUOTE] Alright, thanks for the advice.
Xperia S has bloody awful navigation buttons.
[QUOTE=PyroCF;35786090]Xperia S has bloody awful navigation buttons.[/QUOTE] You mean the physical ones?
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.