• Android thread V-faze is the epitome of fanboy who does nothing but moan and insult people.
    10,001 replies, posted
[QUOTE=iCole;35793992]While the Galaxy S2 does have Gorilla Glass, it also has a layer of olephobic coating on top of it (meant to reduce fingerprints), which you CAN scratch quite easily (although those scratches will be hardly noticable as they aren't bigger than a hair).[/QUOTE] All right then. The main reason why was I asking about this is because my brother wanted to use it for his Samsung Monte (yeah, he'll have to cut it so it will fit). So, should I apply it to mine or give it to him?
[QUOTE=pawelte1;35795218]All right then. The main reason why was I asking about this is because my brother wanted to use it for his Samsung Monte (yeah, he'll have to cut it so it will fit). So, should I apply it to mine or give it to him?[/QUOTE] I wouldn't cut it at all and use it for a Samsung Monte, it would probably look really ugly and the cut you make would be bad. I've cutted up some screen protectors, the cut usually get's messed up and wrinkled.
[QUOTE=garychencool;35795277]I wouldn't cut it at all and use it for a Samsung Monte, it would probably look really ugly and the cut you make would be bad. I've cutted up some screen protectors, the cut usually get's messed up and wrinkled.[/QUOTE] I'll talk to my brother then and explain him it's not a good idea. The only thing I'm afraid of is that he'll be too stubborn.
[QUOTE=pawelte1;35795461]I'll talk to my brother then and explain him it's not a good idea. The only thing I'm afraid of is that he'll be too stubborn.[/QUOTE] Be faster and apply it to your phone, tell him the protector got lost :v: If you apply it precisely, he might not notice it's there!
[QUOTE=iCole;35795736]Be faster and apply it to your phone, tell him the protector got lost :v: If you apply it precisely, he might not notice it's there![/QUOTE] i would say that applying it precisely is almost impossible, the amount of human error is high. Not to mention the bad cuts such as the ones that don't over the front facing camera and other stuff like that.
I think I'll wait a bit with this, I've been on bad terms with my brothers recently and it would surely make him furious. But if you guys say it's a good idea to use it on mine, then I'll do it eventually.
[QUOTE=Ezhik;35783355]So there's this new official CM9 for my Note. All works nice, except... EXCEPT MY FUCKING BROWSERS STILL GET KILLED. FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK[/QUOTE] Try using V6 Supercharger, but don't apply any of the memory tweaks and other crap like that, just use the script to keep the OS from killing the application. It works.
[QUOTE=shian;35794766]He said too expensive. Its $700 even with contract. should be cost abt $350-$500 without contract and has to have a good media player and must avoid noticable lags...[/QUOTE] [url=https://play.google.com/store/devices/details?id=galaxy_nexus_hspa]The galaxy nexus..?[/url] It's only $400..and as far as I know its basically the 'model' android phone
could someone post a step by step stupid user guide onto getting a very nice launcher with all the custom tools and widget things and stuff. Everytime I do it I download 50 things and I never like it so I just uninstall it, but I really want to try it this time. so yeah a little guidance on what I should be doing will be appreciated.
[QUOTE=redBadger;35798324]could someone post a step by step stupid user guide onto getting a very nice launcher with all the custom tools and widget things and stuff. Everytime I do it I download 50 things and I never like it so I just uninstall it, but I really want to try it this time. so yeah a little guidance on what I should be doing will be appreciated.[/QUOTE] I guess you could go with ADW launcher or GO launcher and go from there. If you're on ICS definitely go with Apex Launcher.
[QUOTE=Hunt3r.j2;35798431]I guess you could go with ADW launcher or GO launcher and go from there. If you're on ICS definitely go with Apex Launcher.[/QUOTE] Why is apex better than go launcher?
[QUOTE=mobrockers2;35798596]Why is apex better than go launcher?[/QUOTE] ICS style instead of a more basic 2.3-esque style that GO launcher is based on.
ADW, for some reason, while scrolling through my apps has a serious delay problem, so I avoid that launcher at all costs.
GO Launcher has a shit ton of themes and options. I'm not sure if other launchers have this (if it does, tell me), you can do a swipe down gesture to turn off the screen (and lock it) with the GO Power Widget. It's pretty awesome how I no longer have to press the power button when at the home screen. And it's so much cooler with the old style CRT TV turn off.
[QUOTE=Hunt3r.j2;35798621]ICS style instead of a more basic 2.3-esque style that GO launcher is based on.[/QUOTE] It was updated like two days ago and is now more ICS-esque.
I just got an android phone yesterday. The Orange San Francisco II (Which is really a ZTE Crescent, I think.) Any kinda apps or something you guys suggest I get? Anything that sounds fun, really. I'm loving this phone so far.
[QUOTE=Burnyhands;35799079]I just got an android phone yesterday. The Orange San Francisco II (Which is really a ZTE Crescent, I think.) Any kinda apps or something you guys suggest I get? Anything that sounds fun, really. I'm loving this phone so far.[/QUOTE] [url]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5483751/Videos/2012-05-02_2344.swf[/url] That should show you some interesting apps.
sweet jesus my friend just sent me pictures of his brand new galaxy nexus that screen is amazing
[QUOTE=shian;35793014]My friend is getting a new phone, but he's rather budget, and is considering a HTC One V or a Sony Ericsson Xperia neo V. He can't get the HTC one X because its too expensive. He said that the HTC one V is horribly slow, and that the Neo V is a better choice. If anyone can suggest another phone, and better, at around the same price, please do so. Also, If not, he's considering a bb curve 9360. And the requirements that he wants are: phone must be good with music and basic function like calling and sms and social networking[/QUOTE] One V doesn't lag, what is he on about? Get the One V. The Neo V has significantly less storage space and really doesn't hold any advantages over it. A One V really shouldn't lag unless optimization is needed. Oh, and it uses a lower res version of the S-LCD2.
[QUOTE=Lyoko774;35800103]sweet jesus my friend just sent me pictures of his brand new galaxy nexus that screen is amazing[/QUOTE] It really is. The SAMOLED screen really gets me. All the blacks are REALLY black. Seriously, going from a Hero-like device to a Galaxy Nexus there's a night and day difference overall. One bad thing about the screen is, the more white on the screen, more power is drawn, which really kills the battery web browsing. I'll gladly take the few issues of the Nexus over "wtf I only have 40 MB of RAM free? I just booted the phone!".
[QUOTE=Demache;35801768]It really is. The SAMOLED screen really gets me. All the blacks are REALLY black. Seriously, going from a Hero-like device to a Galaxy Nexus there's a night and day difference overall. One bad thing about the screen is, the more white on the screen, more power is drawn, which really kills the battery web browsing. I'll gladly take the few issues of the Nexus over "wtf I only have 40 MB of RAM free? I just booted the phone!".[/QUOTE] I'd rather take S-LCD2 until Samsung goes full rape-mode with SAMOLED+ HD displays. Hopefully that's exactly what we'll see with the GS3.
[Img]http://i.imgur.com/FUDTk.png[/img] Even for not-quite-4G its still faster than my landline goddamn
[QUOTE=Demache;35801768]It really is. The SAMOLED screen really gets me. All the blacks are REALLY black. Seriously, going from a Hero-like device to a Galaxy Nexus there's a night and day difference overall. [/QUOTE] Looking at the screen straight on, I honestly can't tell where the nav bar and software buttons end and the bezel begins
[QUOTE=AugustBurnsRed;35804589][Img]http://i.imgur.com/FUDTk.png[/img] Even for not-quite-4G its still faster than my landline goddamn[/QUOTE] And people complain about this?
[QUOTE=garychencool;35798783]GO Launcher has a shit ton of themes and options.[/QUOTE] I used both Apex and GO Launcher. GO Launcher is [B]significantly[/B] better in my opinion for aesthetics and functionality. 10/10 would not change launcher
That just might be because GO Launcher is in development for a LOT longer than Apex, which is based on the stock ICS launcher, but it's slowly getting more features too. But I'm pretty okay with Trebuchet, the launcher bundled with CyanogenMod9.
[QUOTE=AugustBurnsRed;35804589][Img]http://i.imgur.com/FUDTk.png[/img] Even for not-quite-4G its still faster than my landline goddamn[/QUOTE] Still better than what you would get in Downtown Toronto... 7Mb/s DL max
[QUOTE=garychencool;35807189]Still better than what you would get in Downtown Toronto... 7Mb/s DL max[/QUOTE] Still better what you would get in my town in Eastern Poland. [IMG]http://imgur.com/2ZQlq.png[/IMG] That higher speed is download, lower is upload. If not for the Wi-Fi our router has I'd be screwed. Also stupid pantie-less Miley Cyrus ad.
Is Google Music being really lame for anybody? Seems like every other track either can't stream or it tries to do the first little bit of it and then skips to the next.
[QUOTE=pawelte1;35807676]Still better what you would get in my town in Eastern Poland. [IMG]http://imgur.com/2ZQlq.png[/IMG] That higher speed is download, lower is upload. If not for the Wi-Fi our router has I'd be screwed. Also stupid pantie-less Miley Cyrus ad.[/QUOTE] Miley Cyrus without panties ... what? :v:
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.