• Android thread V-faze is the epitome of fanboy who does nothing but moan and insult people.
    10,001 replies, posted
[QUOTE=FlamingSpaz;35861408]I'd be pretty butthurt if I spend shitloads of dosh on a device and it can't even keep tabs open. [editline]7th May 2012[/editline] Bearing in mind he's wanted a Note since like the third Android thread.[/QUOTE] Never heard of the problem he's having, my Note keeps tabs open just fine.
It only happens on ICS, Gingerbread is fine.
[QUOTE=Over-Run;35874284]Is it normal for Android OS to take up 38% of battery use[/QUOTE] not really
[QUOTE=DesolateGrun;35864291] ALSO don't get insurance for your phone because you have to pay the same amount you payed for it and they will "PAY THE REST" No point to it. How do I reset the root counter on my phone, I have to send it in with the stock rom[/QUOTE] You do know a brand new phone costs like $500+ off contract right? Even used they can be a very substantial amount (most likely more than you payed for it). The $100 you probably payed for the phone is just a subsidized price. Its more like a down payment. Insurance is there for a reason. The $80 (that's what it is with Verizon anyway) deductible to get a new phone is a pittance in comparison. Whether or not insurance is a ripoff is still up for debate (if you never use it, you're out $10 month for 24 months) and if you have an old phone its probably not worth insurance, but to say there is no point is pretty silly. [editline]8th May 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=Over-Run;35874284]Is it normal for Android OS to take up 38% of battery use[/QUOTE] I know the Galaxy Nexus had a bug which showed abnormally high Android OS usage in 4.0.2. It was fixed in 4.0.4 as far as I can tell. So it might just be a bug.
Any news on when the next update for the Asus transformer prime is coming. Im looking forward to getting android 4.0.4 for my tablet, aswell as some bugs being fixed for the asus firmware itself While talking about bugs, im getting this issue with my prime where sometimes games will all of a sudden go into a loop of a few frames, and i will have to exit the game, or, sometimes have to reboot my tablet for it to work again
I was thinking about getting the HTC One X because it looks pretty awesome, but there's one huge flaw which I think ruins the phone; the unibody design. When I'm switching ROMs, I quite often freeze the phone on boot due to me forgetting to wipe the cache partition or whatever, and can only fix that by taking out the battery and putting it back in again... if I do that on a One X, do I really have to pull the entire phone apart or wait for the battery to run down? Or am I missing something.
[QUOTE=Chris220;35886111]I was thinking about getting the HTC One X because it looks pretty awesome, but there's one huge flaw which I think ruins the phone; the unibody design. When I'm switching ROMs, I quite often freeze the phone on boot due to me forgetting to wipe the cache partition or whatever, and can only fix that by taking out the battery and putting it back in again... if I do that on a One X, do I really have to pull the entire phone apart or wait for the battery to run down? Or am I missing something.[/QUOTE] Press and hold power button simulates battery removal
[QUOTE=PyroCF;35886132]Press and hold power button simulates battery removal[/QUOTE] Oh! I didn't know that. Well, that clears up that glaring issue. Thank you!
Checked out the One X today, guess what issue I found on it [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/EVE8E.gif[/IMG]
Starting to sound like a russian conspiracy.
Why did Sprint insist on renaming the One X and then putting it in a different case?
Because they have their own HTC Evo brand [editline]9th May 2012[/editline] Which is a pretty cool name, and the phones under that name are pretty
n7Player Unlocker is $2.49, (on sale), but what was the original price, $4.99? I haven't touched n7player in a month now but I know it's pretty good. [URL]https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.n7mobile.nplayerunlocker[/URL] also, OfficeSuite Pro 6 is on sale for $0.99, a month after I bought it for $2.99... I wonder if I can still get a refund and buy it again now...
[QUOTE=garychencool;35888813]n7Player Unlocker is $2.49, (on sale), but what was the original price, $4.99? I haven't touched n7player in a month now but I know it's pretty good. [URL]https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.n7mobile.nplayerunlocker[/URL] also, OfficeSuite Pro 6 is on sale for $0.99, a month after I bought it for $2.99... I wonder if I can still get a refund and buy it again now...[/QUOTE] How does it compare to poweramp?
[QUOTE=leontodd;35888887]How does it compare to poweramp?[/QUOTE] PowerAMP is the best allrounder Neutron Music Player for audiophiles who hate their batteries
Recently I had problems with updating my SGS II to ICS because Kies refused to update it as my firmware has been detected as Korean. I downloaded flashed a correct ROM (unbranded Polish) and it still detects as Korean. This is very confusing.
[QUOTE=pawelte1;35889598]Recently I had problems with updating my SGS II to ICS because Kies refused to update it as my firmware has been detected as Korean. I downloaded flashed a correct ROM (unbranded Polish) and it still detects as Korean. This is very confusing.[/QUOTE] I thought flashing would reset that.. oh well, another way: *#272*YOURIMEI# A list of codes will appear, I [B]think[/B] XEU is the unbranded Polish code. Select that, [B]it will factory reset your phone though.[/B]
[QUOTE=iCole;35889660][B]it will factory reset your phone though.[/B][/QUOTE] [img]http://www.facepunch.com/avatar/299309.png?garryis=awesome[/img] Still, thanks for the info. I've already made backups so I'll find out the code and do the reset either this evening or tomorrow.
[QUOTE=leontodd;35888887]How does it compare to poweramp?[/QUOTE] PowerAMP is best overall, n7 looks great and has this nice Album viewer, try out the trial
[QUOTE=pawelte1;35889698][img]http://www.facepunch.com/avatar/299309.png?garryis=awesome[/img] Still, thanks for the info. I've already made backups so I'll find out the code and do the reset either this evening or tomorrow.[/QUOTE] Just checked for you: XEO = Unbranded IDE = Orange PLS = Plus
i think poweramp and this n7 thing look a bit gaudy to be honest
[QUOTE=iCole;35889881]Just checked for you: XEO = Unbranded IDE = Orange PLS = Plus[/QUOTE] Nice, that's kind of you. So after I type that code with IMEI and then choose the XEO CSC code this should be it?
I just use spotify as my music player
[QUOTE=pawelte1;35889901]Nice, that's kind of you. So after I type that code with IMEI and then choose the XEO CSC code this should be it?[/QUOTE] I think so, yes. your phone will factory reset/restart and you should hopefully be sorted for the future.
[QUOTE=iCole;35889998]I think so, yes. your phone will factory reset/restart and you should hopefully be sorted for the future.[/QUOTE] All right then, I just finished setting it up after the reset. Kies says there's an update available, but it says I need to completely charge up the battery. [editline]9th May 2012[/editline] Oh, I almost forgot - thank you everyone who helped me with this, I'm really grateful.
Is there any good skins for Poweramp? I think the UI is pretty ugly
Is it worth buying a Droid Bionic new for $300? I'd like a Razr, but they're still crazy expensive. The Bionic sports the same processor and screen, and seems like a deal now that it's obsolete. I love my Droid X, but it's ancient. I want something with more modern specs that I can also use with aftermarket ROMs.
You do know that the bionic has the same locked bootloader as the X right?
[QUOTE=Inplabth;35895880]You do know that the bionic has the same locked bootloader as the X right?[/QUOTE] I didn't know the X had a locked bootloader. I can root it and run custom roms just fine, would it be the same for the Bionic?
Well the problem with the locked bootloader (I would know, I'm on a Droid 2 Global), is that you can't truly run custom ROMs. We can't overwrite the kernel and it prevents a lot of stuff from working, so the custom ROMs are hack jobs, they work but they're not flawless.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.