• Android thread V-faze is the epitome of fanboy who does nothing but moan and insult people.
    10,001 replies, posted
[QUOTE=pawelte1;35965595]So all of this is needed to install just a theme? Is it better to do this or stay with ICS and TouchWiz?[/QUOTE] It's still Touchwiz, it's just a theme. The only way to get rid of Touchwiz is flashing a different ROM.
CM9 or AOKP, which has a better life for GSII compared to the gingerbread MIUI?
[QUOTE=shian;35965864]CM9 or AOKP, which has a better life for GSII compared to the gingerbread MIUI?[/QUOTE] Oh fuck CM9 sucks for the SGSII and is no longer being updated. Use AOKP. Wifi battery life is great, but data still sucks, but is better than most. Battery sucks because there are no kernel sources out yet from Samsung for AOSP ROM's. The Touchjizz ROM's are the best with battery since they use the Samsung kernel sources.
Anyone use the iDisplay app? I bought it just now, and it seems to be working pretty smoothly. It turns your android/iDevice into a second monitor (Or a 4th in my case) It's useful for my laptop where I only have 1 monitor. [thumb]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/35515272/Diverse/hmmm.jpg[/thumb] I've also installed Android/ICS next to Meego on my Nokia N9, works pretty well but sticking to Meego until a more featured version is out.
[QUOTE=faze;35965882]Oh fuck CM9 sucks for the SGSII and is no longer being updated. Use AOKP. Wifi battery life is great, but data still sucks, but is better than most. Battery sucks because there are no kernel sources out yet from Samsung for AOSP ROM's. The Touchjizz ROM's are the best with battery since they use the Samsung kernel sources.[/QUOTE] Are you high? Latest CM9 SGS2 nightly came out yesterday.
[QUOTE=iCole;35965974]Are you high? Latest CM9 SGS2 nightly came out yesterday.[/QUOTE] I have the Sprint SGSII...
[QUOTE=faze;35965991]I have the Sprint SGSII...[/QUOTE] Isn't that the skyrocket
oh. [editline]15th May 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=Protocol7;35966020]Isn't that the skyrocket[/QUOTE] I think that's the [B]Samsung Galaxy S™ II Epic™ 4G Touch[/B]
So what are the top end android phones on the market (or coming to the market soon)?
[QUOTE=Kamern;35968143]So what are the top end android phones on the market (or coming to the market soon)?[/QUOTE] HTC One X Samsung Galaxy SIII LG Optimus 4X
[QUOTE=Kamern;35968143]So what are the top end android phones on the market (or coming to the market soon)?[/QUOTE] SGS3, HTC One X.
[QUOTE=PyroCF;35968174]HTC One X Samsung Galaxy SIII LG Optimus 4X[/QUOTE] Optimus 4X is such a shitty name
posting from firefox beta. its not bad but has a long way to go.
So, I can play Android games using a PC to emulate it using Androids SDK, right? And play online games, right?
Android emulator is painfully slow.
So does anyone know much about the phone network GiffGaff? Looks good to me. And does anyone else happen to own a Orange San Francisco II? (I'm poor, don't judge me.)
[QUOTE=Burnyhands;35970604]So does anyone know much about the phone network GiffGaff? Looks good to me. And does anyone else happen to own a Orange San Francisco II? (I'm poor, don't judge me.)[/QUOTE] Well, giffgaff is the only company that gives you cash for answering questions on their forum. Technically I get my minutes free as I make the money spent back via payback. However, there have been horror stories of porting in so I'd suggest you steer clear of porting in. You also get £5 free credit if you are referred by another member, which I can link you to if you want.
[QUOTE=FlamingSpaz;35970724]Well, giffgaff is the only company that gives you cash for answering questions on their forum. Technically I get my minutes free as I make the money spent back via payback. However, there have been horror stories of porting in so I'd suggest you steer clear of porting in. You also get £5 free credit if you are referred by another member, which I can link you to if you want.[/QUOTE] Ah shoot, sorry dude, i've already ordered a sim. But what do you mean by 'porting in'?
Transferring your number across from another network.
Ah I thought as much. I'm planning on keeping my old sim anyway so I guess that's no problem.
I pulled the trigger on a Razr today, the Maxx is just too damn expensive. Should have it within the next few days. I'm excited to have something new to tinker with, but I'm mildly concerned about what's going to happen when the OTA ICS update hits. Is it just me, or is the custom ROM list for this phone kinda thin? Do we not even have Cyanogenmod?
I don't think Cyanogenmod has any builds worth getting for the Razr.
[QUOTE=DiscoBiscut;35972622]I don't think Cyanogenmod has any builds worth getting for the Razr.[/QUOTE] I think I saw an ICS CM build available, but everything ICS on the Razr right now looks like modified leaks and buggy prerelease shit. I may just root for the time being and wait for the official ICS release and more stable ROMs to follow.
Moto isn't a very good choice if you want to use custom anything.
Wow. I just figured out that the HTC One XL has a serious RAM issue. Literally missing 190 megs after you include the memory usage excluded by HTC's task manager.
Why didn't I hear about this before I decided to trade... [editline]16th May 2012[/editline] Also apparently X is better than XL at multitasking.
[QUOTE=Burnyhands;35970604]So does anyone know much about the phone network GiffGaff? Looks good to me. And does anyone else happen to own a Orange San Francisco II? (I'm poor, don't judge me.)[/QUOTE] GiffGaff are pretty good. Been using them for a while now.
[B][I]Google to sell flagship Nexus devices with multiple partners this fall, reports WSJ[/I][/B] [URL]http://www.theverge.com/2012/5/15/3022682/google-direct-sales-multiple-device-OEMs[/URL] This would be fucking [B]sweet.[/B] [I]inb4 it's US only[/I]
[QUOTE=iCole;35977608][B][I]Google to sell flagship Nexus devices with multiple partners this fall, reports WSJ[/I][/B] [URL]http://www.theverge.com/2012/5/15/3022682/google-direct-sales-multiple-device-OEMs[/URL] This would be fucking [B]sweet.[/B] [I]inb4 it's US only[/I][/QUOTE] [quote]Unlike the current Google Play store, which only sells unlocked Galaxy Nexus phones in the US, Google's reportedly going to offer this wider portfolio in Asia and Europe as well as stateside.[/quote]
[QUOTE=FlamingSpaz;35977622][/QUOTE] Fucking finally.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.