• Android thread V-faze is the epitome of fanboy who does nothing but moan and insult people.
    10,001 replies, posted
and for those who decide to pack 4 different launchers in with the rom that you can't update due to being system apps
[QUOTE=Ezhik;36032337]and for those who put in their ~amazing~ themes[/QUOTE] [quote=typical XDA OP] My ROM features include: Tweaks for xtra speed xD Custom theme Stuff stolen from other ROMs Battery life tweaks and other stuff [/quote] I could upload a stock ROM and claim I've 'tweaked' it and people would probably still believe. Also @Ezhik Why are you fussed about bundled headphones? Or even using them for that matter :v:
I want to set a custom DPI on my android but the market says that "device is not compatible" with most of the apps. How do I fix this?
So you now have a galaxy note AND an HTC One X? We. I'm jelly. Also, clean your messy table :-P
I wish someone would start compiling vanilla (:v:) CM9 for my phone already..Everything I've seen so far contains patches from CM, AOKP, etc etc but no pure CM9 yet..always has a bunch of other 'tweaks' and shit built-in. Oh, HTC Ace isn't supported by CM9 yet..Well still, I wouldn't mind a frankenrom based on, like, aospX with CM9 features..God, I need to figure this shit out.
[QUOTE=Mr MP;36013919]Hey everyone, I just got a Samsung Galaxy Spica. It has Android 2.2 on it. And Cyanogen mod. And tell me guys, first time I'm ever having a phone with Android. (I used Samsung Monte before. Never again.) Is it worth installing Gingerbread, and is there going to be any performance loss?[/QUOTE] I don't think everything is supported with gingerbread on that phone. When I used mine, it was slow as fuck regardless of what version of the OS was on it. From what I remember, it was most stable on 2.1 though you do give up some features.
[QUOTE=Goodthief;36028821]like what? when I first got mine there used to be really annoying flickering when trying to take a photo but it's all gone now. Other than that it works fine.[/QUOTE] Mine entirely stopped working, the back one at least. I don't have much time to send it to get fixed if it is hardware (which some searches likens it to be) because I need to use it for work.
[img]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/348210/RevolutionDHD/Skin1.jpg[/img] This is basically what I wish Sense looked like for Gingerbread.
[QUOTE=PyroCF;36032688]I could upload a stock ROM and claim I've 'tweaked' it and people would probably still believe. Also @Ezhik Why are you fussed about bundled headphones? Or even using them for that matter :v:[/QUOTE] Because my good headphones came with the Note, so I traded them away too :I
Considering a galaxy note... here's some things im wondering about. > Does android allow multiple inboxes in the mail app? I have work, uni and personal accounts. > Does it charge while in mass storage mode? (want to plug into car head unit as a pseudo-ipod). > Will add more.
[QUOTE=Lyoko774;36032412]and for those who decide to pack 4 different launchers in with the rom that you can't update due to being system apps[/QUOTE] The market/google play can still update apps if they're system apps. [editline]21st May 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=Superwafflez;36037048]> Does it charge while in mass storage mode? (want to plug into car head unit as a pseudo-ipod). > Will add more.[/QUOTE] yes
[QUOTE=Ezhik;36032337]and for those who put in their ~amazing~ themes[/QUOTE] I like the theme in my rom, and it's not the default theme.
Okay, so the battery on this thing sucks too.
[QUOTE=Ezhik;36037621]Okay, so the battery on this thing sucks too.[/QUOTE] Note?
HTC One X
[QUOTE=Superwafflez;36037048]Considering a galaxy note... here's some things im wondering about. > Does android allow multiple inboxes in the mail app? I have work, uni and personal accounts. > Does it charge while in mass storage mode? (want to plug into car head unit as a pseudo-ipod). > Will add more.[/QUOTE] Yes, and yes.
Now the proud owner of a google galaxy nexus, it's quite nice so far.
[QUOTE=Ezhik;36037733]HTC One X[/QUOTE] Wow. Mine easily lasts 24 hours
Had a hands on with the One X a few days ago. It was hilarious because it ran out of battery. Anyway, it feels like a really good phone, solid, fast, and easy. So far I'm swaying towards it over the S3.
I wanna try porting CM9 from a GNexus nightly to my phone... I guess simply copy/pasting apps and frameworks over won't work very well will it :v:
[QUOTE=PyroCF;36038255]Wow. Mine easily lasts 24 hours[/QUOTE] show me a screenshot please [editline]21st May 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=Lyoko774;36038753]I wanna try porting CM9 from a GNexus nightly to my phone... I guess simply copy/pasting apps and frameworks over won't work very well will it :v:[/QUOTE] There was a guide on xda [editline]21st May 2012[/editline] Okay, so today I was using my phone for 3:30 hours, our of 4:30 it survived. Makes sense that it died, I guess. Also, HTC Sense is super-smooth on this thing - no slowdowns or anything. [editline]21st May 2012[/editline] Also, it still kills my tabs :I
[QUOTE=Ezhik;36039190]show me a screenshot please [editline]21st May 2012[/editline] There was a guide on xda [editline]21st May 2012[/editline] Okay, so today I was using my phone for 3:30 hours, our of 4:30 it survived. Makes sense that it died, I guess. Also, HTC Sense is super-smooth on this thing - no slowdowns or anything. [editline]21st May 2012[/editline] Also, it still kills my tabs :I[/QUOTE] Android hates you for some reason.
Should I buy a Windows Phone then?
Windows Phone would kill the labels on the artsy blocks. [editline]21st May 2012[/editline] How many and what kind of websites do you open in your tabs? My Nexus S handles 5-6 fine.
That doesn't matter - had it die even with just Google open.
[QUOTE=Ezhik;36039866]That doesn't matter - had it die even with just Google open.[/QUOTE] Use chrome? I have had none of the problems you speak of. Also: [URL]https://www.dropbox.com/s/mnn8e19c3mu8g9b/Screenshot_2012-04-14-23-32-44.png[/URL] (too lazy to rehost) That's a full days proper usage of browsing the web over WiFi/HSDPA, sending texts, a few minutes of gaming on a break and other day to day things. WiFi is on for the whole duration along with the other radios.
So the CM9 Music app (Apollo) is now released in the first stable version. [URL]http://www.seeingpixels.org/2012/05/apollo.html[/URL] [B]- No folder-based playback (this alone is enough for me to not use it)[/B] - Cover art is horribly pixelated even though the resolution is more than enough - Doesn't support landscape - White theme only (although it does support theming) yeah. PowerAMP still wins by miles.
[QUOTE=iCole;36041559]So the CM9 Music app (Apollo) is now released in the first stable version. [url]http://www.seeingpixels.org/2012/05/apollo.html[/url] [B]- No folder-based playback (this alone is enough for me to not use it)[/B] - Cover art is horribly pixelated even though the resolution is more than enough - Doesn't support landscape yeah. PowerAMP still wins by miles.[/QUOTE] PowerAMP doesn't have proper alphabetization. [editline]21st May 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=PyroCF;36041553]Use chrome? I have had none of the problems you speak of. Also: [URL]https://www.dropbox.com/s/mnn8e19c3mu8g9b/Screenshot_2012-04-14-23-32-44.png[/URL] (too lazy to rehost) That's a full days proper usage of browsing the web over WiFi/HSDPA, sending texts, a few minutes of gaming on a break and other day to day things. WiFi is on for the whole duration along with the other radios.[/QUOTE] Figures. Mine was on most of the time. Also, got a new update today. Apparently it fixes multitasking.
[QUOTE=Ezhik;36041577]PowerAMP doesn't have proper alphabetization.[/QUOTE] Hm? did I miss anything? Seems to be working fine for me (at least I think). Anyway, what other music players support folder playback and look [I]ICSy[/I]?
Go to T - songs starting with 'The' will be there, and they shouldn't.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.