• Android thread V-faze is the epitome of fanboy who does nothing but moan and insult people.
    10,001 replies, posted
[QUOTE=roflcakes;36441016]I am, literally installed it again last night hoping my issue would have been fixed. Could be it's to do with the learning process and that responses will get faster as it learns my style. Out of curiosity, what mode do you have it set to? I have mine on rapid.[/QUOTE] I have it on Percise, been so since like ever. It depends on how you type, I don't type that fast, compared to everyone else I know who can type a book in seconds.
[url]http://www.youhtc.ru/2012/06/htc-one-xxl-4-yadra-i-2gb-ram/[/url] [url]http://www.smartphonetech.de/android/htc-one-xxl-snapdragon-s4-quad-core-cpu-mit-2gb-und-lte-screenshot[/url] Quadcore Snapdragon HTC One XL with 2 GB of RAM. Looks like I'll have to engage my trading skills again soon enough! Though if that phone will still kill my tabs, I will buy a Windows Phone, because fuck.
[QUOTE=Jimbojib;36441105]So what do we all reckon 4.1 will have in store for us, I haven't got any serious hopes or anything, I don't know what more they can change that you can't do with most apps or ROMs[/QUOTE] I think it's going to be more of a tablet features release for their own tablet, perhaps things like proper mouse support etc
[QUOTE=roflcakes;36441372]I'll swap to precise and try it out. Mine is 3.0.0.266, although that could just be an arbitrary version for my phone because it has a qHD screen. Precise fixed it. Amusing that I can type faster on precise than I can on rapid.[/QUOTE] Yeah I just upgraded to the official update which is 3.0.0.266, before I had the beta update
Tip for SwiftKey X users right now: update your language packs, this will fix some predictions problems
[QUOTE=FlamingSpaz;36442202]I think it's going to be more of a tablet features release for their own tablet, perhaps things like proper mouse support etc[/QUOTE] Yeah, I find that kind of unfortunate
[QUOTE=Jimbojib;36441105]So what do we all reckon 4.1 will have in store for us, I haven't got any serious hopes or anything, I don't know what more they can change that you can't do with most apps or ROMs[/QUOTE] [URL="http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/05/29/the-ultimate-google-io-2012-preview/#jelly-bean"] This article has some good guesses [/URL]
[QUOTE=Jimbojib;36441105]So what do we all reckon 4.1 will have in store for us, I haven't got any serious hopes or anything, I don't know what more they can change that you can't do with most apps or ROMs[/QUOTE] I'm hoping for lots of Linaro optimizations. [editline]22nd June 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=Ezhik;36441942][url]http://www.youhtc.ru/2012/06/htc-one-xxl-4-yadra-i-2gb-ram/[/url] [url]http://www.smartphonetech.de/android/htc-one-xxl-snapdragon-s4-quad-core-cpu-mit-2gb-und-lte-screenshot[/url] Quadcore Snapdragon HTC One XL with 2 GB of RAM. Looks like I'll have to engage my trading skills again soon enough! Though if that phone will still kill my tabs, I will buy a Windows Phone, because fuck.[/QUOTE] I'm doubtful, apparently it claimed that it had an Adreno 350 at some point. The video is now private...
[QUOTE=superstepa;36444578][URL="http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/05/29/the-ultimate-google-io-2012-preview/#jelly-bean"] This article has some good guesses [/URL][/QUOTE] Having Google Search, Voice Search and Voice Commands all in one place would be p.nice, if only to cull two unnecessary icons from your app draw. People have been saying this a while, but I'd appreciate a push towards streamlining the android experience, which they sort of seem to be picking up on given their recent changes to what they ask from developers.
[QUOTE=Nidhogg;36440452]Bleh, I was gonna' get the Galaxy S III today until i realized that the U.S. variant has a 1.5 GHz Dual-core processor. I assumed the U.S. version was going to be the same as the International version that uses a 1.4 GHz Quad-core, but nope. What a huge let down. Is is still worth getting the S III?[/QUOTE] I feel like I shouldn't be the one who has to keep reiterating this, but the Snapdragon S4 processor in the American S3 is actually faster than the Quad Core Tegra 3 processor in a variety of benchmarks. And if I'm correct, the American version has 2GB of RAM.
Anyone recommend a task killer with an easy to set up whitelist? I know they're taboo but on my Atrix if too many apps are running in the background when I plug in to my lapdock and try and use firefox some unclosable 'low memory' window pops up, neatly shielding the buttons and first tab.
I'm buying my first smartphone today. Right now I'm stuck between GSIII, GNexus and OneX. Which one should I choose and why?
just got the OTA for the droid razr. ICS tonight :)
[QUOTE=farmatyr;36452151]I'm buying my first smartphone today. Right now I'm stuck between GSIII, GNexus and OneX. Which one should I choose and why?[/QUOTE] One X if you're fancy GSIII if you're not.
[QUOTE=SEKCobra;36452304]One X if you're fancy GSIII if you're not.[/QUOTE] I'm really tempted by the Galaxy Nexus with vanilla Android 4.0.1 A tough choice :/
My friend just got his first smartphone, a Huawei Ascend II on straight talk for $100
[QUOTE=farmatyr;36452431]I'm really tempted by the Galaxy Nexus with vanilla Android 4.0.1 A tough choice :/[/QUOTE] GS3 will probably have an extremely active dev community so you'll probably be able to get vanilla 4.0.1 anyway.
Why would you want 4.0.1 when you could get 4.1?
[QUOTE=farmatyr;36452431]I'm really tempted by the Galaxy Nexus with vanilla Android 4.0.1 A tough choice :/[/QUOTE] Even as good as vanilla Android is, I really have to say Samsung did a magnificent job on the Touchwiz in the SGS3.
Nexus if you want a flawless stock android experience (and quick update to 4.1) and don't mind the 16GB storage with no sd card slot or just a 5MP camera (still takes great pictures though). HTC One X or GS3 if you want a fancy top end phone.
The nexus is left behind specs wise by the other two phones. Personally I'd probably go for the One X despite it not having as many features as the GS3 because I am a ~slave to fashion~.
[QUOTE=roflcakes;36453949]The nexus is left behind specs wise by the other two phones. Personally I'd probably go for the One X despite it not having as many features as the GS3 because I am a ~slave to fashion~.[/QUOTE] Go to a store and see for yourself, the S3 really is just as beautiful in real life.
Just got a GS3, it is beautiful
GS3 if you feel the internal storage of One X/GNex won't be enough
GS3 if, like me, you like to keep backups of your apps just in case. [editline]23rd June 2012[/editline] Also, just found out about unified remote. Love. It. They better start working on that linux server though, would love to control xbmc on my Rasp PI with my phone :v:
[QUOTE=roflcakes;36448099]Anyone recommend a task killer with an easy to set up whitelist? I know they're taboo but on my Atrix if too many apps are running in the background when I plug in to my lapdock and try and use firefox some unclosable 'low memory' window pops up, neatly shielding the buttons and first tab.[/QUOTE] Something is pretty much wrong in there, whenever android needs to alloc more ram, it should kill whatever lies in the background, instead of saying "Low RAM".
[QUOTE=JohnnyOnFlame;36454372]Something is pretty much wrong in there, whenever android needs to alloc more ram, it should kill whatever lies in the background, instead of saying "Low RAM".[/QUOTE] It's probably because the Linux environment it boots in to doesn't appear as an app or something, meaning other apps won't be kicked out of the memory to make way for it. Doesn't happen all the time but if I've been flitting around between a bunch of apps then plug it straight in to my lapdock it'll stick around 15-20% free memory which is apparently not enough.
oh wow, just had to fix a friend's shitty android 2.1 phone. it wouldn't connect to market, so I had to backup contacts and stuff and factory reset. only problem is I couldn't install titanium backup; like I said, market wouldn't connect, and it seemed to corrupt every APK coming in to it through bluetooth and was just generally unable to parse APKs. I felt so good when I finally remembered that ADB has a direct install option over USB. I "adb install"ed titanium and got that shit backed up and reset. feels good man (even though the phone is still shit) Edit: also, forgot to mention that USB drivers didn't automatically install, in fact 4 different unknown devices showed up in device manager, for which I had to manually install 4 different INFs I found on the interwebs (COM, debug, modem. wtf)
[QUOTE=mobrockers2;36453963]Go to a store and see for yourself, the S3 really is just as beautiful in real life.[/QUOTE] Sorry to say this, but I really disliked the case of the S3 when I checked it out in the store. That glossy back felt cheap in my hands.
[QUOTE=Cree8ive;36455136]Sorry to say this, but I really disliked the case of the S3 when I checked it out in the store. That glossy back felt cheap in my hands.[/QUOTE] Que? The back is a whole with the device. How.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.