• Does anyone have a spare 775 CPU?
    54 replies, posted
[QUOTE=Altin;34838431]baw, thought this was for shitty one or two core processors since I have two of those laying around doing nothing useful (which is the same they did when they were in my computer) If anyone wants them they're a core2duo 1.6ghz E2140 and some random 2.66ghz single core Celeron D.[/QUOTE] I know a few people that could use that E2140. [QUOTE='[EG] Pepper;34834568']Psh, that's NOTHING compared to my 3.6GHZ p4 which was nearing 80 on a beefy pentium D heatsink. This one to be exact [img]http://www.frostytech.com/articleimages/200611/IntelpentD_bot.jpg[/img] [editline]23rd February 2012[/editline] That chip sucked 115 watts of power[/QUOTE] I made the mistake of buying two Pentium Ds in a combo (one was an 830, one an 840) and both had a TDP of 130W. No CPU cooler I had could keep either of them below 90C, so I had to get an Asus V60: [thumb]http://prohardver.hu/dl/cnt/2008-03/2045/asus_v60/asus_v60_side1_b.jpg[/thumb] With that massive thing, they barely managed to stay at 60C at idle.
[QUOTE=bohb;34843193]I know a few people that could use that E2140. I made the mistake of buying two Pentium Ds in a combo (one was an 830, one an 840) and both had a TDP of 130W. No CPU cooler I had could keep either of them below 90C, so I had to get an Asus V60: [thumb]http://prohardver.hu/dl/cnt/2008-03/2045/asus_v60/asus_v60_side1_b.jpg[/thumb] With that massive thing, they barely managed to stay at 60C at idle.[/QUOTE] Did you use wax as the thermal paste or something?
[QUOTE='[EG] Pepper;34846630']Did you use wax as the thermal paste or something?[/QUOTE] No, he used a Pentium D.
[QUOTE=tratzzz;34846704]No, he used a Pentium D.[/QUOTE] Oh, yes that wax probably crystallised
[QUOTE='[EG] Pepper;34846630']Did you use wax as the thermal paste or something?[/QUOTE] I tried four different thermal compounds 1) The Dell grey teflon stuff (absolute crap) 2) White lithium grease (the defacto generic thermal compound) 3) Cu based thermal compound 4) Arctic Silver None were able to get the CPU under 90C idle on a stock Intel cooler, or a Mass Cool with a 140mm fan. None were able to get it under 60C idle with the Asus V60. The former two heatsinks would have the machine shut down if any sort of load was applied. Pentium Ds are really awful processors.
[QUOTE=bohb;34855158]I tried four different thermal compounds 1) The Dell grey teflon stuff (absolute crap) 2) White lithium grease (the defacto generic thermal compound) 3) Cu based thermal compound 4) Arctic Silver None were able to get the CPU under 90C idle on a stock Intel cooler, or a Mass Cool with a 140mm fan. None were able to get it under 60C idle with the Asus V60. The former two heatsinks would have the machine shut down if any sort of load was applied. Pentium Ds are really awful processors.[/QUOTE] I got a Pentium D 820 for my mom's PC, which runs at 37 degrees idle. It has the old Celeron D heatsink with some crappy paste that I bought off ebay for $1.50 in a 30g tube.
[QUOTE=benjgvps;34855227]I got a Pentium D 820 for my mom's PC, which runs at 37 degrees idle. It has the old Celeron D heatsink with some crappy paste that I bought off ebay for $1.50 in a 30g tube.[/QUOTE] I have a couple of 820s Those aren't much hotter than a normal p4, they suck 95 watts.
My Pentium D in my laptop gets abnormally hot for topping out at 1.6GHz...
snip
I have a spare P4 HT also, but it is 3GHZ. None of that 2.8 bullshit.
Don't forget I still have my Q9300 up for sale! Any takers? Anyone?
[QUOTE=BURG;34938427]Don't forget I still have my Q9300 up for sale! Any takers? Anyone?[/QUOTE] How much?
[QUOTE=P320;34855839]My Pentium D in my laptop gets abnormally hot for topping out at 1.6GHz...[/QUOTE] I think you mean Pentium M. A Pentium D in a laptop would cause the laptop to melt and the battery to last 5 seconds. Check the brick shaped heatsink, they will eventually accumulate a mat of dust on the blower side that blocks airflow. [QUOTE=loophole;34937234]I have a spare P4 HT also, but it is 3GHZ. None of that 2.8 bullshit.[/QUOTE] +200 MHz on a P4 makes almost no performance difference.
Pentium D's were Intel's attempt at breaking into the space heater market.
I remember the Q6600. It was around $230 when it first came out, I was an employee for Intel at the time so I got it for $120. But it does go on the list of best processors (For the time). Still not an ok processor even now. And since it is 2 pairs of duel cores you can run it on XP.
[QUOTE=tratzzz;34820148]I'll trade you my virginity! Wait, I am not sure about this..[/QUOTE] I have a spare G0 Q6600, where can we meet?
I've got an E6600 and a Q8400 and 2 older supported Gigabyte motherboards... ... and DDR2 RAM ... and some GPUs etc...
[QUOTE=loophole;34938678]How much?[/QUOTE] $75?
[QUOTE=BURG;34976729]$75?[/QUOTE] I will buy that.
I have a Core 2 Quad Q9400 that I'll be replacing in a week or so when my i5 2500k gets here, anybody interested? I've had it for a few years but it seems to be working pretty well, I never overclocked or otherwise screwed with it.
[QUOTE=Used Car Salesman;35071306]I have a Core 2 Quad Q9400 that I'll be replacing in a week or so when my i5 2500k gets here, anybody interested? I've had it for a few years but it seems to be working pretty well, I never overclocked or otherwise screwed with it.[/QUOTE] how much are you looking at getting for it? where are you so i can plan for shipping? also, i am looking for a 775 mobo that supports sli for cheaps.
I have a SLI board only problem is it's broken and won't post.
[QUOTE=xplicitt;35091398]how much are you looking at getting for it? where are you so i can plan for shipping? also, i am looking for a 775 mobo that supports sli for cheaps.[/QUOTE] I've got another Facepuncher interested for $100, but nothing can happen until I get my parts in. My motherboard is an ASUS P5NE-SLI if you're interested. Located in southern Indiana.
[QUOTE=Used Car Salesman;35101526]I've got another Facepuncher interested for $100, but nothing can happen until I get my parts in. My motherboard is an ASUS P5NE-SLI if you're interested. Located in southern Indiana.[/QUOTE] I'll think about it, imma bout to go to cvs and get $150 worth of amazon to buy a xfx 750i, but ill see if this motherboard has better reviews. also, price deal if i buy both cpu and mobo together? :v:
I have a celeron 2,66 ghz singlecore... but unfortunetely it's the only cpu I have :smith:
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.