• ASUS Padfone - A phone that can be docked with a tablet and S4 processor A.K.A Best phone 2012
    80 replies, posted
[img]http://www.techshout.com/img/asus-padfone-02.jpg[/img] [h2]ASUS Padfone - The phone-tablet you've all been waiting for[/h2] [release] [b]SPECS[/b] Platform Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) Dimensions 128 x 65.4 x 9.2 mm (LxWxH) Weight 129 g (with battery) CPU [b]Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 8260A Dual-Core 1.5 GHz (Faster then Tegra 3)[/b] Memory 16/32/64 GB eMMc Flash Memory Slot Micro-SD card Connectivity Technology WLAN 802.11 b/g/n Network Standard WCDMA HSPA+ UL:5.76 Mbps/DL:21 Mbps 3G : WCDMA : 900/2100 2G : EDGE/GPRS/GSM : 850/900/1800/1900, GPS Qualcomm GPS (AGPS supported) Display 4.3inches, qHD 960x540, Super AMOLED with Capacitive Multi touch panel Battery 1520 mAh Lithium Standby Time 373 /440 hours(2G/3G) Talk Time 650 /510 hours(2G/3G) Camera Front 0.3 Mega-Pixel VGA Camera Rear 8 Mega-Pixel Auto Focus Flash F2.2 Aperture Video Video Playback : MPEG4 H.264 1.4a H.263 WMV @ HD 1080p Video Recording : MPEG4 H.264 H.263 @ HD 1080p H.264 Video Decode @ 720p Encode @ 1080p Audio Slot 3.5mm Audio MP3/WMV/3GP/AAC/AAC+ Browser Google Browser/Youtube Browser Messaging SMS/MMS/IM/Email E-Mail Google Mail/Exchange Sensor G-Sensor/E-Compass/Gyroscope/Proximity/Light Sensor/Built-in motion sensor [b]Accessories[/b] Stylus Headset Station Dock Sleeve [/release] [b]THE STYLUS WORKS AS AN BLUETOOTH HEADSET![/b] There is just too much awesomeness to explain, I'll leave it to you to see it. [url]http://www.asus.com/Mobile/PadFone/[/url] I'm so getting this phone when it gets out.
Looks a bit gimmicky.
[QUOTE=VistaPOWA;34958579]Looks a bit gimmicky.[/QUOTE] Hopefully Asus is gonna kickstart a laptop/tablet/smartphone revolution with this. [B]THIS[/B] is the correct way of combining all those 3, it's just missing some fine tuning.
I need this. I've got a Transformer TF101 with the dock, and this thing is better than any EEE laptop I could've ever bought. I also have an Evo 4g, which has become surprisingly outdated and crappy. This is the best combination I could ever have. I'm a little put off by the fact that the phone/tablet isn't Tegra 2/Tegra 3, but the phone is still great, right? I need to see about getting one of these...
if I didn't already have a phone, android tablet and keyboard for the tablet, this shit would be bought by me
Good start although the dock does seem cheap from the videos, and I would be worried that I could scratch my phones screen when inserting it inside. Doesn't seem there's any soft side for the screen inside the dock. But. Imagine if Google made this by the end of this year (new Nexus device(s) and such). Along with a windowed-process solution similar to onskreen. All my money.
Wait so when you buy this does it come with the tablet? :o
[QUOTE=iCole;34972650]Good start although the dock does seem cheap from the videos[/QUOTE] Looks like they are using the TF101's dock. If it is the case, then I can attest to its sturdiness. Heck, someone managed to cram a 500GB hard drive into it with no adverse effects. [editline]3rd March 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=Shounic;34972671]Wait so when you buy this does it come with the tablet? :o[/QUOTE] I assume they will package it like they did the transformer. On its own, with screen, with screen and keyboard. For some reason I don't forsee this coming to Canada.
[QUOTE=Wolfmatyr;34975851]Looks like they are using the TF101's dock. If it is the case, then I can attest to its sturdiness.[/QUOTE] No no no I meant the phone dock in the back of the tablet, not the keyboard dock! Too many docks :v: [editline]3rd March 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=Wolfmatyr;34975851]On its own, with screen, with screen and keyboard.[/QUOTE] Heard exactly that in one of the previews from MWC. Keyboard should also come with the stylus headset (too bad there's no place to put the stylus in).
[QUOTE=iCole;34976088]No no no I meant the phone dock in the back of the tablet, not the keyboard dock! Too many docks :v:[/QUOTE] Lets settle on calling that the "screen" then :v: I don't doubt it will be cheap, After all, the power is in the phone. The "screen" is just that, a touch-screen with a battery. [editline]3rd March 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=iCole;34976088]No no no I meant the phone dock in the back of the tablet, not the keyboard dock! Too many docks :v:[/QUOTE] Lets settle on calling that the "screen" then :v: I don't doubt it will be cheap, After all, the power is in the phone. The "screen" is just that, a touch-screen with a battery.
[QUOTE=Wolfmatyr;34976573]Lets settle on calling that the "screen" then :v: I don't doubt it will be cheap, After all, the power is in the phone. The "screen" is just that, a touch-screen with a battery.[/QUOTE] Well, the keyboard and battery dock was $150, so I bet whole package price will be around $500-600.
now this is nice
Do you guys think it'd be worth getting this? Some of you guys seem skeptical about it, but I'm talking from my point of view. My Evo 4g is getting left in the dust. I use my Transformer all the time: classes, entertainment, work, everything. Would it be a wise move to replace my current Evo 4g + Transformer setup with this? Like, I really really like the idea of the padfone. PLUS, I might not even need to buy a new dock, just the phone and screen. Oh, also, my question is more in regards to power. The Transformer has good 'ol Nvidia Tegra 2 behind it, and the Evo, well, it's an Evo. I can tell that the Padfone is better than my Evo already (right?)
[QUOTE=That Ninja;34982878]Do you guys think it'd be worth getting this? Some of you guys seem skeptical about it, but I'm talking from my point of view. My Evo 4g is getting left in the dust. I use my Transformer all the time: classes, entertainment, work, everything. Would it be a wise move to replace my current Evo 4g + Transformer setup with this? Like, I really really like the idea of the padfone. PLUS, I might not even need to buy a new dock, just the phone and screen. Oh, also, my question is more in regards to power. The Transformer has good 'ol Nvidia Tegra 2 behind it, and the Evo, well, it's an Evo. I can tell that the Padfone is better than my Evo already (right?)[/QUOTE] I'd say hold off until we see some hands-ons and final reviews. That big of an investment could turn out to be a gamble, considering we're not really certain how it'll perform out of the gates, what the dev community will be like and who'll carry the phone.
Yeah, I'll definitely wait. I'm just really really excited fo this. I also realize that there's no 4g for it, which I really don't care about since I rarely use it with my Evo, and when I do my battery shits itself. And I just re-read the OP and I saw that its processor is more powerful than a Tegra 3. Yay!
Well, depending on the network, 4G as a standard can be beyond useful. After all, it's just another network connection, sorta like saying 3G isn't really useful. Only difference being 3G is years old and refined, with most 4G networks being natal and many being experiments. LTE is going to be the future from here on out (LTE-A is going to be excellent, especially once the completely and utterly deplorable battery situation), HSPA+ is a good low-battery alternative (and very cheap for network operators running off a GSM base), and WiMax (like on your Evo) is basically dead. It's entirely possible that a final revision of the Padfone could have HSPA+, I can't see LTE being included. I've no doubt that when the Padfone drops, it'll be exclusively on a GSM network. CDMA gets lucky every once in awhile, but only since LTE made an appearance (the original Droid, Galaxy Nexus/Nexus S/Galaxy SII on Sprint and Verizon).
[QUOTE=Arachnidus;34983616]Well, depending on the network, 4G as a standard can be beyond useful. After all, it's just another network connection, sorta like saying 3G isn't really useful. Only difference being 3G is years old and refined, with most 4G networks being natal and many being experiments. LTE is going to be the future from here on out (LTE-A is going to be excellent, especially once the completely and utterly deplorable battery situation), HSPA+ is a good low-battery alternative (and very cheap for network operators running off a GSM base), and WiMax (like on your Evo) is basically dead. It's entirely possible that a final revision of the Padfone could have HSPA+, I can't see LTE being included. I've no doubt that when the Padfone drops, it'll be exclusively on a GSM network. CDMA gets lucky every once in awhile, but only since LTE made an appearance (the original Droid, Galaxy Nexus/Nexus S/Galaxy SII on Sprint and Verizon).[/QUOTE] So Doctor, based on these findings, do you anticipate the Padfone available with Sprint as a provider?
If I didn't have my TF101, I'd have the Padfone in a heartbeat.
[QUOTE=That Ninja;34985313]So Doctor, based on these findings, do you anticipate the Padfone available with Sprint as a provider?[/QUOTE] Probably not. I mean, it's possible, but I'd actually be fairly surprised if it even made it to the US. Just a gut feeling I have. I may be surprised.
looks awesome, but it would suck if you're using it in a class and someone calls or texts you
[QUOTE=erfinjerfin;34995975]looks awesome, but it would suck if you're using it in a class and someone calls or texts you[/QUOTE] But it's no different that someone calling or texting you on your normal phone.
[QUOTE=That Ninja;34996937]But it's no different that someone calling or texting you on your normal phone.[/QUOTE] not when you're taking notes
If you look at the Productivity mini-video, calls just pop up as a notification in the lower right corner, allowing you to accept or decline them. As for sound, you can just mute it or something. Simple.
Oh, didn't see that video.
The first thing this reminded me of, somewhat, is my Atrix and my Lapdock. Similar, great design and useability, this asus thing should be neat.
This is one of the first devices of the new generation that I could actually see me doing WORK with.
So if they steal your notebook you end up losing your tablet AND phone too? :v: I really like it, awesome concept.
This looks great, but that flimsy little door bothers me. It doesn't seem right.
-snip-
This almost makes TOO much sense, i love it
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.