• GM_Skydive2008 WIP
    648 replies, posted
  • Clouds would be handy as I can't see the ground anyway because of render distances when I first jump out. Maybe it's just my 4 year old card.
  • How could a gamemode work out? The parachute mod is the only thing that can fit in.
  • I don't know too much about the technical side of mapping, but is it possible to add some sort of windy noise for when you're falling?
  • [QUOTE=spazthemax]Clouds would be handy as I can't see the ground anyway because of render distances when I first jump out. Maybe it's just my 4 year old card.[/QUOTE] Yeah that's happening to me. [QUOTE=Dude902]I don't know too much about the technical side of mapping, but is it possible to add some sort of windy noise for when you're falling?[/QUOTE] Nieb16 blows air out his mouth making windy noise. :D
  • [QUOTE=Echo 199]Btw, I'm the friend mentioned earlier. Originally we wanted the plane to move, but gradually we realized the faults: [list][*]Anything spawned would move to the back [*]You could be able to hi-jack it with your phys gun. [*]Imagine what would happen if you froze something... [*]etc. [/list] It would be awesome, but it wouldn't work too well realistically. Your other ideas, though were (usually) pretty brilliant. Oh, and expect to see clouds, moving (to simulate plane movement) and stationary, in the next update.[/QUOTE] Put in two planes? Have a teleport to the second, smaller, moving plane?
  • [QUOTE=Alyx Zark]Just let them do what they do Dave. And its been over 24 hours any new betas?[/QUOTE] 'Tis only suggestions. They don't HAVE to be included.
  • Sorry to keep you waiting, but the new beta should come out on Saturday or Sunday, maybe earlier. There will be many new features! (like an airport)
  • I must be extremely stupid or something. But the plane is all just pink and black checkered.. Like I'm missing the model or something?? EDIT: Never mind. Sorry. I thought I extracted both folders but apparently I forgot to extract the materials folder :P Great map, look forward to it becoming even better
  • That gave me an idea. Make the airport have the plane landed and inside your cockpit there should be a switch to make it fly upto the parachute point. Than press it again to land?
  • Two suggestions: Keep the props from being grav-gunned Keep the door from being grav-gunned
  • Instead of the plane moving, make it so it looks like the background is moving!
  • BMCha, this thing is freaking awesome! I simply cannot wait for the aforementioned update to come out. I would offer suggestions, but I'll wait for the update. :D
  • Don't add suction when the door opens that kind of plane isn't pressurized. I lpve the map keep it up. P. S. Stop demanding updates so it don't come out fucked up.
  • New beta released. I DO NOT recomend getting this. It probably has some problems. The ONLY reason I am releasing this is because I said there would be a release on Sunday. There will be a bugfix release in a few days (1-2,etc.) I'd wait for that. You will need to type "buildcubemaps" in console if you want reflections. (If there's no link I'm editing the post.)