• GM_Skydive2008 WIP
    648 replies, posted
  • Okay. I've worked my ass off all weekend to *almost* finish an airport. I ate, slept, and breathed hammer for 3 straight days, though I started planning early this week. The reason I say "almost" is that it is not quite completed, but since BMCha promised you an update today, we just saved what we had and released it. The signs on the taxiways do not have letters yet, but i am working on that. Also, the terminal building is still under construction. There is a "security room" with a jail, but none of that works yet. We don't recommend this version, but if you are so crazy to get the new version, go right ahead. A bug fix/completion will be released soon (within the next two weeks). It's your choice whether you want to wait, or download the incomplete version now. Credit: Taxiways, posters, and terminal building -- Echo 199 Everything else -- BMCha (Oh, and did I mention that this is my first time actually using hammer to make something, not just toying around? Not bad, eh?) [quote="legitfuckingcobra"]P. S. Stop demanding updates so it don't come out fucked up.[/quote] Lol. They demanded an update, BMCha promised it by Sunday (we didn't plan on it taking so long), and it came out fucked up. So true, man.
  • I crashed it. :( I welded a barrel to all of the propellers. Also, can you add more stuff? It's pretty bland right now. Or is all this extra space meant for building?
  • [QUOTE=Mark£d_OÑ£]I crashed it. :( I welded a barrel to all of the propellers. Also, can you add more stuff? It's pretty bland right now. Or is all this extra space meant for building?[/QUOTE] Lol nice. In the new update (beta_2), there is an airport and some terrain features. However, the beta_2 version is more bugged than a piece of wood in a locust storm. It might (By "might", i mean [u]would[/u]) be better to wait for the upcoming bugfix release, beta_2.something (either 1 or 2).
  • I made a video to advertise this "mod" hope you guys like this [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjeUwzdnSCc[/media]
  • from the maker of 'zombine rising' comes a little treat. AIRBORNE SKYDVERS! or some cheesy name like that. [/cheesyfilmannouncervoice] Yay! i liked the movie. It wasn't phenomenal though.
  • [QUOTE=Kev Shiu]I made a video to advertise this "mod" hope you guys like this [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjeUwzdnSCc[/media][/QUOTE] :lol: that's awesome and I lol'd at the end when you "Fail" at jumping out :love:
  • [QUOTE=SenorJose]from the maker of 'zombine rising' comes a little treat. AIRBORNE SKYDVERS! or some cheesy name like that. [/cheesyfilmannouncervoice] Yay! i liked the movie. It wasn't phenomenal though.[/QUOTE] You've seen my other works?
  • I think if you can pull this off, you're going to be a really good mapper with some practice.
  • Nice video. All these maps need to have mp_falldamage on and the mod should not allow you to fall in free flight, slam into the ground, and live. That's the only improvement it needs.
  • [QUOTE=Kev Shiu]You've seen my other works?[/QUOTE] but of course! I browse practically every forum on facepunch, except lua. :s
  • BMCHa, it's one thing that you should do, make the shadows better, I mean like in --> [url="http://imgplace.com/image_bin/5393/04d0120d08e4dfc66cf545ac82b591b0.jpg"]this picture[/url] <-- the grass dosent have as sharp shadows as the platform. ok here's what you should do, use the clipping tool and cut the part of the grass that the shadow falls on and make it have as much lightmap scale as the platform Sorry for bad english I'm from Iceland :D
  • [QUOTE=SpyRimar2]BMCHa, it's one thing that you should do, make the shadows better, I mean like in --> [url="http://imgplace.com/image_bin/5393/04d0120d08e4dfc66cf545ac82b591b0.jpg"]this picture[/url] <-- the grass dosent have as sharp shadows as the platform. ok here's what you should do, use the clipping tool and cut the part of the grass that the shadow falls on and make it have as much lightmap scale as the platform Sorry for bad english I'm from Iceland :D[/QUOTE] Yeah, I used the clipping tool around the building in 1.5 . I will use it around the hangar and other buildings but I didn't have time when I released 2. In 2.1 the shadows will be good.
  • [QUOTE=freakfest2]i picked up the parachute but how do u use it please help.[/QUOTE] Press shift to go into free fall mode and then shift again to deploy the chute. Press shift again to remove the chute.
  • [QUOTE=ray243]How can I change the C130 into a prop?[/QUOTE] you can't it was built in hammer
  • [QUOTE=BMCHa]Yeah, I used the clipping tool around the building in 1.5 . I will use it around the hangar and other buildings but I didn't have time when I released 2. In 2.1 the shadows will be good.[/QUOTE] Speaking of 2.1, when should it be coming out?
  • [QUOTE=TEH LOZSER]Speaking of 2.1, when should it be coming out?[/QUOTE] Umm... We really don't know. Maybe sometime in the next two weeks? Don't hold your breath, though; it could be a month for all I know.
  • What kind of stuff is going to be added in 2.1? Or, should I say, what kind of stuff was just added in 2.0?
  • [QUOTE=SpyRimar2]you can't it was built in hammer[/QUOTE] Man....that model was so nice.
  • [QUOTE=TEH LOZSER]What kind of stuff is going to be added in 2.1? Or, should I say, what kind of stuff was just added in 2.0?[/QUOTE] I'm going to expect mostly fixes instead of any new content they need to fix the shit up right now and than the new content.
  • [QUOTE=TEH LOZSER]What kind of stuff is going to be added in 2.1? Or, should I say, what kind of stuff was just added in 2.0?[/QUOTE] Well, I made a 3D skybox, but it messes up the lighting, I might be able to fix that for 2.1 . The C130 is bigger, there's a door for the side, and there's my attempt at a cockpit. The building on the ground has a few props, and 2 posters in it. And finally, there is an airport with a runway, control tower, huge hangar, and terminal.
  • BMCHa I noticed the suction when you open up the back of the plane. One problem me and my mates have when we attempt to play on the new beta. The sky is solid Like we can noclip through it but if we were to be falling it would be solid. I take it this was not part of the plan?
  • [QUOTE=Alyx Zark]BMCHa I noticed the suction when you open up the back of the plane. One problem me and my mates have when we attempt to play on the new beta. The sky is solid Like we can noclip through it but if we were to be falling it would be solid. I take it this was not part of the plan?[/QUOTE] Weird. Do you have 1.5 or 2? [quote="TEH LOZSER"]What kind of stuff is going to be added in 2.1? Or, should I say, what kind of stuff was just added in 2.0?[/quote] Theres a lot of stuff. A huge, working airport (well, won't work until 2.1), some terrain, and other stuff.
  • [QUOTE=Echo 199]Weird. Do you have 1.5 or 2? Theres a lot of stuff. A huge, working airport (well, won't work until 2.1), some terrain, and other stuff.[/QUOTE] Using The new 2 beta
  • [QUOTE=Alyx Zark]BMCHa I noticed the suction when you open up the back of the plane. One problem me and my mates have when we attempt to play on the new beta. The sky is solid Like we can noclip through it but if we were to be falling it would be solid. I take it this was not part of the plan?[/QUOTE] This happens on all maps, I take it you have never noclipped to the sky before in a map?
  • This is a skydiving map though, and having a sudden solid wall halfway through your fall doesn't help.