It's finally here. Nervous about this release. Read below before downloading.
Download link: [url]http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=122082[/url]
Ghost detector video link: [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zaYcchDxU4[/url]
For more images and information go to: [url]http://breadmanmaps.weebly.com/index.html[/url]
Before you install this [b]there are a few things you will need to know.[/b]
- You need Half-life 2, Episode 1 and Episode 2. I will freakin' kill anybody that comes and asks me this in two months time. And no, I will not buy you any games. Stop asking me. (Who do these people think they are O_O ? )
- If the map does not load via the game menu in Garry's Mod, load flatgrass and then console load the map. This also works for servers (And appears to be a universal problem.)
- If you cannot load this map at all, copy the folders into the correct directorys in Episode 2's folder and play it in Episode 2.
- This thing has been tested to death but having said that I would like to reiterate that this is a fairly large map with alot going on. You may/may not encounter bugs. I've ironed out everything my team and I and other testing clients have found so far.
- Once you destroy the alters they are gone until you reload the map. So think first, before destroying them.
- Large map with random occuring events. You witnessing the events is completely co-incidental with your presence. Things will happen when you're not around too.
- Moveable camera and monitor.
- Improved ghost detector (It'l keep you alive believe me.)
- An interesting secret.
- Informational posters/signs
- Skull system (Find the skulls, place them on the alters.) You'l have to actually figure out how to get to the lower levels first though.
As usual, enjoy. Please post about your experiences, bugs and better yet - Film your vigils!
Thank you all for your kind and continued support.
Thanks for making this awesome map. Can't wait to play this with my friends :D
I've been waiting for this, but now I'm too scared to play it.
Thank you, Breadman!
Awesome! Cannot wait to play this!
Hey guys I believe this is the version two of me saying we need a server with this map on.
[QUOTE=Civil;30428968]Hey guys I believe this is the version two of me saying we need a server with this map on.[/QUOTE]
someone needs to do this.
Yay, finally. :)
Downloading now. I'll play as soon as the sun is down. :fuckyou:
Well, there goes my exam-preperation.
The map won't be up until later tonight, but I'll post the ip to mine.
Awwww yeah :dance:
[QUOTE=Canned Induvidual;30429410]GMOD crashes as soon as it has been loaded :(
When the loadbar reaches 100%[/QUOTE]
read the op.
[quote]- If the map does not load via the game menu in Garry's Mod, load flatgrass and then console load the map. This also works for servers (And appears to be a universal problem.)
- If you cannot load this map at all, copy the folders into the correct directorys in Episode 2's folder and play it in Episode 2.[/quote]
[editline]13th June 2011[/editline]
also, can someone rehost the map? garrysmod.org isnt working for me. wont let me sign in.
and for the love of god look at my steam games before screaming PIRATE!
Mirror that's non Garrysmod.org would be much appreciated.
(I am not a pirate, can't log in for some reason anymore.)
Pinned down unexplainable crashing problem with garrysmod.
Here's quick and cheap fix:
Open a hex editor and replace every "func_monitor" with "fuck_monitor" without the "s. This rude action is actually meant to prevent monitors from spawning. This has fixed crashing for me. If you want to use another word for this, use something with same name length(this will hopefully keep map checksum and clients will be able to connect even with the original map).
Map is set in an abandoned mine huh...
Somehow, I can't help but think you've played Penumbra...
Very nice, but didn't you say it would only require ep2 previously? Or was that another person who asked you to do it?
Also: sorry for questioning the first "what you have to know"-rule/thing
I can't believe this is finally out! :dance:
fuck the studying im playing this tonight!
Finally! The time required to make this is evidence of its epicness.
holy crap guys i scare quited on the first thing i saw. So im walking around with a ghost detecter and then a fucken black ghost almost kills me lol (scarequit)
whats the secret
This map runs badly on my computer. I can run every other map except for GH1 and GH2. Oh well, I guess I won't be able to play this. :suicide:
[QUOTE=Ermac20;30431155]whats the secret[/QUOTE]
Well then it wouldn't be a secret would it
[QUOTE=WarRocker32;30431164]This map runs badly on my computer. I can run every other map except for GH1 and GH2. Oh well, I guess I won't be able to play this. :suicide:[/QUOTE]
YAY! Now all I have to do is get the balls to leave the camera room on GH1 and finish that map,then I can play this one! lol
Lower graphics, still drops down to 8 fps.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.