• M62 1639 Lithuanian locomotive
    160 replies, posted
  • So does it move by itself like rp_subtransit? Can you get into the train? If so, have you provided a longer track to run on? Other then that, This is a very :siren: [b]KICK ASS BRUSHWORK TRAIN[/b] :siren: and you deserve tones of mapping kings.
  • Yes damn! Just simply incredible!!! ModellingQueen... eh oops! MappingKing for you! :P This is really nice work, and where did you get those textures? Very detailedly shaped, like a model should be. Brushwork isn't mean to do this really, seems you are also lucky it won't show any brushbased bugs.
  • [QUOTE=Photo Shop]So does it move by itself like rp_subtransit? Can you get into the train? If so, have you provided a longer track to run on? Other then that, This is a very :siren: [b]KICK ASS BRUSHWORK TRAIN[/b] :siren: and you deserve tones of mapping kings.[/QUOTE] I don`t know if it is possible to make it move since it has many func_detail`s and func_wall`s, and if you feel like you can make it move, you are free to do so, VMF is included in the download! :) [b]Edit:[/b] [QUOTE=fkalkman]Yes damn! Just simply incredible!!! ModellingQueen... eh oops! MappingKing for you! :P This is really nice work, and where did you get those textures? Very detailedly shaped, like a model should be. Brushwork isn't mean to do this really, seems you are also lucky it won't show any brushbased bugs.[/QUOTE] Thanks. I took these pictures for textures myself in my towns locomotive depot.
  • [QUOTE=pred_qwerty]all freight shunter drivers are very angry here :D so it would be quite hard to get textured pictures of them, in the meantime you will have to live with the shunter from episode 2 :)[/QUOTE] Dude all the people here are angry. Well alot of them are.
  • [QUOTE=Dtmech]Dude all the people here are angry. Well alot of them are.[/QUOTE] Locomotive drivers are mostly friendly, if they will see you photographing their train, they might eaven invite you to take some pics of the cab and engine, shunter drivers on the other hand will use their whole dictionary of swears and threats on you (atleast from my experience).
  • Looks like what Valve would have made in the Beta version of Half-Life 2. I love trains and I love this. Great job.
  • [QUOTE=pred_qwerty]Locomotive drivers are mostly friendly, if they will see you photographing their train, they might eaven invite you to take some pics of the cab and engine, shunter drivers on the other hand will use their whole dictionary of swears and threats on you (atleast from my experience).[/QUOTE] lol @ Soviet Bloc The only thing that would make this better is if it was enterable.
  • [QUOTE=The Watcher]lol @ Soviet Bloc The only thing that would make this better is if it was enterable.[/QUOTE] Working on it! lol Oh, and the UVW's that I put together from the pics you sent (warning: both are 1024X768): [IMG]http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/6859/m62uvwcv8.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/2947/m62uvw1ta6.png[/IMG] Sorry for the ugly UVW's but keep in mind they are my first EVER.
  • [QUOTE=Wommle]HOLY FUCK That's the most FUCKing [B]AWESOME[/B] brush train ever, it's hardly even blocky. [/QUOTE] What is this lent and why did I have to fix this cunt post? Also, BEST TRAIN EVER.
  • [QUOTE=ChaosLord]Working on it! lol Oh, and the UVW's that I put together from the pics you sent (warning: both are 1024X768): [IMG]http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/6859/m62uvwcv8.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/2947/m62uvw1ta6.png[/IMG] Sorry for the ugly UVW's but keep in mind they are my first EVER.[/QUOTE] Nice! I will be really thankfull if you will make this. Also, the roof and the truck (wheels) are all default hl2 textures do you have that covered? or should I name what textures did I use?
  • Wait huh? You could easily put both those into one uv. [b]Edit:[/b] Also he can just uv those parts with hl2 textures seperately, and get them to use it's original texture so you don't have to supply it with the model again. I did it once, actually on a train model I made
  • Wait, you also made a train model? Show! Yeah, ok, I probably could have fit it all in one UV...but I am N[noparse]U[/noparse]B to UV maps!
  • Wait. All you want is a spawnable M62? It doesn't have to be YOUR M62? OK! That is, if my sim has one...lol let me check. [b]Edit:[/b] Well, it would seem that there is one! However, it appears to be red instead of green. Also, I can't seem to find the actual loco, just the engine spec file lol... [b]Edit 2:[/b] NEVER MIND, I wasn't looking back far enough lol...
  • You need M62`s? here they are: [url]www.trainsim.ru[/url] they are for Microsoft Train Simulator
  • Holy fucking christ, that Is awesome. The detail and all Is fucking awesome. How long did It take you to make?
  • [QUOTE=pred_qwerty]I don`t know if it is possible to make it move since it has many func_detail`s and func_wall`s, and if you feel like you can make it move, you are free to do so, VMF is included in the download! :) [b]Edit:[/b] Thanks. I took these pictures for textures myself in my towns locomotive depot.[/QUOTE] Very goodly photographed. I would say professional if you ask me. And I really mean this.
  • [QUOTE=BigBoom]Holy fucking christ, that Is awesome. The detail and all Is fucking awesome. How long did It take you to make?[/QUOTE] about a week, it says so in the description :D [b]Edit:[/b] [QUOTE=d0m1n1c1]Fantastic! What map have you shown it in?[/QUOTE] My own litle map, I made it just so the loco wouldn`t be floating in mid air, and in the last screenshot is my litle background map which I didn`t include in the download because well, theres nothing more to it then there is in the screenshot. [b]Edit:[/b] [QUOTE=fkalkman]Very goodly photographed. I would say professional if you ask me. And I really mean this.[/QUOTE] Thanks, when I took these pictures I had no intention of making my own loco, I took them by a request of a locomotive modeller from Estonia, but the pics weren`t good enough for him... so I didn`t feel the need for them anymore, but now I`m glad I didn`t delete them :) [b]Edit:[/b] [QUOTE=zebrak]make it a model for gmod[/QUOTE] I would love to do that, but I`m no modeller.
  • [QUOTE=pred_qwerty]I tried... many times... I JUST CAN`T DO IT! vhe is so much more comfortable for making 3d stuff for me[/QUOTE] I agree, this "model" system is much better for me to understand
  • No, I don't have MSTS, and I can't convert from it anyways (tried, phailed). I have Auran Trainz 2006, and I found one for that sim. It is a BR version, and is red, but it is an M62! [b]Edit:[/b] RAWR! [IMG]http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/3968/renderoy3.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/4107/rendervx0.png[/IMG]
  • [QUOTE=ChaosLord]No, I don't have MSTS, and I can't convert from it anyways (tried, phailed). I have Auran Trainz 2006, and I found one for that sim. It is a BR version, and is red, but it is an M62![/QUOTE] I knew some websites where you can get russian trains for Auran TRAINZ, I`ll see if I can find them EDIT: check your PM`s :) [b]Edit:[/b] [QUOTE=ChaosLord]No, I don't have MSTS, and I can't convert from it anyways (tried, phailed). I have Auran Trainz 2006, and I found one for that sim. It is a BR version, and is red, but it is an M62! [b]Edit:[/b] RAWR! [IMG]http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/3968/renderoy3.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/4107/rendervx0.png[/IMG][/QUOTE] thats bloody awesome!!!
  • Marked: Nope, I'm not replacing anything. You can edit the vehicle script yourself if you want, but it won't show up as such to anyone else unless they have the model. But...IDEA! Ok, I've got to go talk to Phoenix*Storm... [b]Edit:[/b] Ok, the loco is done! Go check model releases!