• What are you working on? December 2011 Edition
    3,353 replies, posted
  • [QUOTE=ROBO_DONUT;33856823]Well, I mean, how bad is it? Can you just read information that you'd have access to through the game client anyway, or is it something more critical, like login information or the ability to modify/drop records from the database?[/QUOTE] Complete DB access. [QUOTE=ROBO_DONUT;33856823]They did a pretty solid port, I think, database security issues aside. Is there something I missed[/QUOTE] I'd bet my avatar's glasses that they only did it to get in the Humble Indie Bundle, and they got Icculus to do the port, not themselves. swift and shift you have some amazing self control. If it were me I'd have the login information up on every website I could put it on. If they don't want to fix shit, they shouldn't be using the technology.
  • To be fair, there's literally no other ways to add levels to an SQL database without connecting to the database dir- Oh wait, there's shit loads. Why would you pick the most insecure one?
  • [QUOTE=Jookia;33856865]they got Icculus to do the port, not themselves.[/QUOTE] Oh. Well at least they went to the right guy. Icculus is awesome.
  • Also, if somebody does actually screw with the database besides charliesome, IT WASN'T ME. I'M ON HOLIDAY. [editline]23rd December 2011[/editline] [QUOTE=ROBO_DONUT;33856991]Oh. Well at least they went to the right guy. Icculus is awesome.[/QUOTE] Couldn't agree more. I would like him to put shit according to the XDG Basedir spec, though.
  • [QUOTE=swift and shift;33856841]SELECT, UPDATE, and INSERT work. [img]http://i.imgur.com/pC5zB.png[/img][/QUOTE] It's fine. Trust me.
  • Psh, hah, I'd fuck up their database in a heartbeat. I dunno, I just don't have much self-control and it's not every day that you get to work with holes as gaping as a prostitutes'. [editline]23rd December 2011[/editline] I guess they'd learn from it, too, or whatever.
  • [QUOTE=amcfaggot;33857016]Psh, hah, I'd fuck up their database in a heartbeat. I dunno, I just don't have much self-control and it's not every day that you get to work with holes as gaping as a prostitutes'. [editline]23rd December 2011[/editline] I guess they'd learn from it to, or whatever.[/QUOTE] I love Super Meat Boy, but the internet levels suck anyway. I'd say nothing of value would be lost :v: I wish I had content, though. I've got plenty of experience in C# but nothing with XNA whatsoever. I kinda wanna start doing game development too, but I never know what to do.
  • I think people here talk about what they're more interested in developing on vs. what they're actually going to develop. Starting game development and not having even a general goal is just like any other project, except you're setting yourself up to fuck yourself in the ass harder. Think of an idea first if you're going to go that path. Or if your intention is just to learn how to mess with graphic functions and the sort, that's always extremely helpful to learn, too. [editline]23rd December 2011[/editline] [QUOTE=swift and shift;33856778]so skids can't fuck around, only those who have some sort of technical proficiency[/QUOTE] yeah, because looking up the strings is so difficult that a skid couldn't do it, right?
  • Very easy to get the username and password. Just sniff the connection using wireshark to get the username. Then use a hex editor to search the exe for the username, the password is with it.
  • [QUOTE=high;33857189]Very easy to get the username password. Just sniff the connection using wireshark to get the username. Then use a hex editor to search the exe for the username, the password is with it.[/QUOTE] I was also thinking about this, there are clearly multiple ways so there isn't really anything holding anyone back right now.
  • You haven't got the helmet drawn properly, it's curved, it's not just a 2D shaped. Also, the balls need to sag a bit more. Damnit, I'm not gay. Also charliesome, could you publically disclose the password(s)? It's a security thing and they're obviously not going to fix it until they HAVE to.
  • Yes, but what's the password? [editline]23rd December 2011[/editline] [code][jookia@jookia-arch ~]$ mysqladmin --host 50.28.8.160 pingmysqladmin: connect to server at '50.28.8.160' failed error: 'Access denied for user 'jookia'@'whatever_his_ip_may_be' (using password: NO)' [jookia@jookia-arch ~]$ mysqladmin --host 50.28.8.160 --user smb_editor_user --password=editor ping mysqld is alive[/code] [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gXY3kuDvSU&feature=player_detailpage#t=20]Oh.[/url]
  • [QUOTE=high;33857273]Host: 50.28.8.160 User: smb_editor_user Pass: editor[/QUOTE] I connected. Uhh, for future reference, I didn't modify a damn thing.
  • [QUOTE=Hypershadsy;33857338]I connected. Uhh, for future reference, I didn't modify a damn thing.[/QUOTE] You connect to it when you start the game, so why would this be any different? As long as you don't do anything malicious you are fine.
  • [QUOTE=high;33857273]Host: 50.28.8.160 User: smb_editor_user Pass: editor[/QUOTE] They are just asking for people to fuck with their shit, aren't they?
  • [QUOTE=Yogurt;33857365]DELETE * FROM smb_editor.INSERT TABLE HERE I FUCKING DARE YOU[/QUOTE] Don't even think about it.
  • Why do I have a feeling the admin account is something stupid like smb_editor_admin:admin.
  • [QUOTE=Jookia;33857389][img]http://i.imgur.com/eCYSF.png[/img][/QUOTE] In other words.. he doesn't give a shit about the community
  • [QUOTE=Jookia;33857389][img]http://i.imgur.com/eCYSF.png[/img][/QUOTE] Wow, he really is asking for it.
  • I actually believe him on this one. I tried to dump the database (dump as in create a backup, for obvious reasons) and I got access denied for locking shit. [editline]23rd December 2011[/editline] Bradley 'Yogurt' Manning