• What are you working on? June 2012
    1,926 replies, posted
  • [QUOTE=Dotmister;36314350]Since I assume that's written in HTML etc, is it easy to edit the UI components such as this server browser in GMod 13?[/QUOTE] Why not, should be easy to make a peni- er, happy face. What version of SFML should I use for Code::Blocks, anyone know?
  • I run a sound company that provides sizable sound systems for events and such. For the past 3 years I've had the plan to write a software based live mixer (Similar in architecture to the Allen&Heath iLive) that runs on a linux server with commodity audio hardware as the "Stage Box" and any number of networked computers (Laptops, Tablets?) as the control surface. If the Surface dies, the server still passes audio, Excellent. A piece of software like this exists, it's called "Software Audio Console". It, however, runs on windows. It works VERY well when set up correctly. I love the idea of a linux based system that does nothing but this one thing. So what have I been working on? Thinking how, architecturally, this thing will fit together. Please don't laugh at this, I rarely ever draw out the ideas floating around in my head :P [img]https://dl.dropbox.com/u/286964/Softmix/MixServer.png[/img] My only obstacle is programming for linux, I have never done programming for a linux system before. The actual GUI will be the remote application that communicated over the network, that will be written in C# and be for windows. So yeah, that's what I am working on.
  • I did manage to get something done while waiting for FP to get back up, i now have a very very basic and boring GUI to select a tool. Component placing coming up.
  • [QUOTE=Vault;36314399]What version of SFML should I use for Code::Blocks, anyone know?[/QUOTE] I think what you want to ask is what version of SFML should you use for GCC/MinGW as that is the compiler that codeblocks traditionally uses, either way any version of SFML will work(if by version you mean the number version). Regardless of that use 2.0RC or whatever the latest is
  • [QUOTE=BlkDucky;36314267]Why? I don't see the advantage.[/QUOTE] I'm still going to let people use the old browser from a console command, I just hate the attitude. "Hey I invented the car" "At least let us still walk places" Why would you even say that?
  • [QUOTE=garry;36313947]Working on a server browser [img]http://puu.sh/AF9P[/img] The default ranking orders the servers by rank. Servers are pushed lower down the list if they're full, or empty, have a map you don't have, or have bots (the more bots the lower). [img]http://puu.sh/AFd0[/img] I'm trying to push gamemodes in GMod13 - so it's divided by gamemodes too. You select the gamemode then the server.. instead of having a huge ass list of everything.[/QUOTE] Great, even more crap html panels bogging us down! [QUOTE=garry;36315168]I'm still going to let people use the old browser from a console command, I just hate the attitude. "Hey I invented the car" "At least let us still walk places" Why would you even say that?[/QUOTE] Because you had the exact opposite attitude when it came to the "better" console. "Hey garry, gonna add a way to access the old console?" - Everyone "Not gonna happen" - garry
  • [QUOTE=garry;36315168]I'm still going to let people use the old browser from a console command, I just hate the attitude. "Hey I invented the car" "At least let us still walk places" Why would you even say that?[/QUOTE] Some people just presume this would entirely replace the old one and TBF maybe someone really depends on a specific feature of the old server browser.
  • [QUOTE=BlackAwps;36315422]Great, even more crap html panels bogging us down![/QUOTE] It's GWEN, not HTML. Also you're an idiot. [highlight](User was banned for this post ("Flaming" - Gran PC))[/highlight]
  • [QUOTE=BlackAwps;36315422]Great, even more crap html panels bogging us down![/QUOTE] Because HTML rendering is... Pretty much just a simpler way of doing things, not to mention not significantly much heavier than if you used a GUI toolkit?
  • Can you add option which gamemode I don't want to see? I really don't want to see RP servers.
  • [QUOTE=jung3o;36315501]Can you add option which gamemode I don't want to see? I really don't want to see RP servers.[/QUOTE] Read. [QUOTE=garry;36313947]You select the gamemode then the server.. instead of having a huge ass list of everything.[/QUOTE]
  • [QUOTE=thejjokerr;36315567]Read.[/QUOTE] if you look at the picture, it's only 1 gamemode at a time. you should try looking at a picture, i heard it's worth a thousand words.
  • [QUOTE=thejjokerr;36315567]Read.[/QUOTE] Garry said you select the gamemode you want to see, he asked to be able to remove gamemodes you dont want.
  • [QUOTE=geel9;36315486]It's GWEN, not HTML. Also you're an idiot.[/QUOTE] It's HTML, not GWEN. You're an idiot. [QUOTE=esalaka;36315500]Because HTML rendering is... Pretty much just a simpler way of doing things, not to mention not significantly much heavier than if you used a GUI toolkit?[/QUOTE] I'm assuming you havn't used the new and "improved" HTML based console have you? It's slow and laggy as fuck. Opening it for the first time causes GMod to lock up for about 10 seconds.
  • [QUOTE=geel9;36315486]It's GWEN, not HTML.[/QUOTE] Care to tell us your source? [QUOTE=geel9;36315486]Also you're an idiot.[/QUOTE] How ironic.
  • [QUOTE=esalaka;36315500]Because HTML rendering is... Pretty much just a simpler way of doing things, not to mention not significantly much heavier than if you used a GUI toolkit?[/QUOTE] The 2 HTML panels currently in beta(the menu and console) use an entire core and slow down the rest of my computer down. The HTML panels suck in source but he insists on continuously using them instead of making them in derma. Also geel, you are a moron, I didn't know the gwen scrollbar looked like a windows one. And considering how gmod doesn't even HAVE gwen...
  • [QUOTE=garry;36313947] I'm trying to push gamemodes in GMod13 - so it's divided by gamemodes too. You select the gamemode then the server.. instead of having a [B][b]huge ass list[/b] [/B]of everything.[/QUOTE] [IMG]http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/hyphen.jpg[/IMG]
  • [QUOTE=Map in a box;36315683]The 2 HTML panels currently in beta(the menu and console) use an entire core and slow down the rest of my computer down. The HTML panels suck in source but he insists on continuously using them instead of making them in derma. Also geel, you are a moron, I didn't know the gwen scrollbar looked like a windows one. And considering how gmod doesn't even HAVE gwen...[/QUOTE] My apologies, I was wrong.
  • [QUOTE=BlackAwps;36315675] I'm assuming you havn't used the new and "improved" HTML based console have you? It's slow and laggy as fuck. Opening it for the first time causes GMod to lock up for about 10 seconds.[/QUOTE] I don't have any problems with it.
  • [QUOTE=BlackAwps;36315675]I'm assuming you havn't used the new and "improved" HTML based console have you? It's slow and laggy as fuck. Opening it for the first time causes GMod to lock up for about 10 seconds.[/QUOTE] HTML based consoles are a terrible idea. HTML based server browser sounds pretty decent. Because you can handle the server list as pretty much static data whereas consoles are pretty dynamic. (But no, I haven't. When I next decide to launch gmod I'll probably notice considering I never close the console.)
  • Is it going to have the option to sort by the average age of the players on the servers?
  • Will the retarded option of viewing passworded servers finally be removed?
  • [QUOTE=Overv;36315876]Will the retarded option of viewing passworded servers finally be removed?[/QUOTE] Sometimes when I lost the IP of a passworded server I just searched for that server based on the map it always runs. Some servers get passworded when there's lots of people on to let the people who usually play there in, or because of an event. I really can't see why it's retarded. It shouldn't probably be on by default though.
  • I'm using (abusing?) render-targets. Most of this is actually drawn first onto a rendertarget, and then all the rendertargets are drawn into another rendertarget. Does anyone know how I would fix the transparent black pixels? [IMG]http://i.snag.gy/oMXhy.jpg[/IMG] I am using GL_RGBA, like so: [cpp] glTexImage2D(GL_TEXTURE_2D, 0, GL_RGBA, width, height, 0, GL_RGBA, GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE, 0); glFramebufferTexture2D(GL_FRAMEBUFFER, GL_COLOR_ATTACHMENT0 + i, GL_TEXTURE_2D, texRT[i], 0); [/cpp] And then I basically just draw the texture that I get from the framebuffer as a regular old quad. I did some google-searching, and it seems to be a known problem. But I could not find anyone who had solved it properly. Any ideas? Am I doing something horribly wrong? Edit: Doh, wrong thread.
  • Please use the help thread, only small problems suit this thread. [url]http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1167392[/url]
  • What is that about GL_LUMINANCE isn't that just some way to draw grayscale textures
  • [QUOTE=esalaka;36316119]What is that about GL_LUMINANCE isn't that just some way to draw grayscale textures[/QUOTE] That's just a random forum-quote I put there to test font-measuring with multiple lines.
  • [QUOTE=BlkDucky;36314267]Why? I don't see the advantage.[/QUOTE] Because I like it, is that a problem?
  • Been working on this simple 2D based game for the past week to learn SFML with C++. Kinda hit a dead-end with what I want to do with it now though, if anyone has any creative ideas i would love to hear them. [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5Tap-Bzga4[/media] Download link: [url]https://dl.dropbox.com/u/12592785/Release.rar[/url]
  • [vid]https://dl.dropbox.com/s/vwcxj5i5ezy9nu9/TestAndLearn_2012_06_14_02_59_35_68.webm[/vid] Newton's Law of Gravitation works quite well. Just don't let me program the universe.