• Max Payne 3 sells 440K in debut month, called 'a flop'
    257 replies, posted
[QUOTE=The very best;36345102]To be completely honest the reason I didn't buy it was because it's $90 in Australia and also 35 GB[/QUOTE] It's 29 GB not 35.
[QUOTE=Ap0c;36344431]I didn't buy it because of how much (to me) it didn't feel like Max Payne. I played on a friend's computer before buying it, I'm glad I didn't. I went home and reinstalled both Max Payne 1 & 2 because those are the real games in the series. I'll probably pick it up when it's on sale for cheap because I don't feel that I should pay full price for a game that doesn't feel like Max Payne to me.[/QUOTE] Yeah I agree, instead of trying anything intuitive and even more immersive, Rockstar should've scrapped all of their plans for Max Payne 3 and just made it Max Payne 2 HD except the only difference in the story was that it was done with a madlib. In fact, they should totally just do this for years because anything that's new is dumb.
[QUOTE=simkas;36345129]It's 29 GB not 35.[/QUOTE] Does it matter? It's still excessively huge
Just completed Max Payne 3 and I think it's a fantastic game that's really worth the money, a game that I'm happy spending that much money on. Then the multiplayer is also fantastic and the game has replayability with it's arcade mode.
also, funny how rockstar makes the best pc version of a game they've made and it sold the least for any game they've made
[QUOTE=The very best;36345143]Does it matter? It's still excessively huge[/QUOTE]It's only excessively large if you're on dial up. Games have been growing in size rapidly since the 360/PS3 was released, internet speeds have gotten faster world wide and 1 TB hard drives are dirt cheap now.
I'm definitely going to buy it when it's cheaper. I just typically don't buy games for full price unless they have good replay value.
Max Payne 3 only sold 7333.3333 copies? Wat.
It would take about 2 days to download it on my internet connect. Nothing major though.
Reason I didn't buy it was because of the size. 29GB? Fuck that.
[QUOTE=Character;36345136]Yeah I agree, instead of trying anything intuitive and even more immersive, Rockstar should've scrapped all of their plans for Max Payne 3 and just made it Max Payne 2 HD except the only difference in the story was that it was done with a madlib. In fact, they should totally just do this for years because anything that's new is dumb.[/QUOTE] Eh, I think they could have named it something else if it's going to be so radically different. I don't think the Max Payne brand was ever really a big deal. MP1 and 2 were essentially "cult classics". It doesn't really bother me either way though.
it's great DRM though, I would even pirate it at that size
Considering Max Payne 2 was a flop I can't say I'm surprised.
Wow the PC version of Max Payne 3 is even worse off, only 2200 people are playing it on Steam.
That sucks, I loved this game so much.
[QUOTE=The golden;36345121]I don't know how it works over there, but here by the time shipping and expenses are paid for it is no longer a savings.[/QUOTE] Amazon offers free shipping (3-4 days) or first class postage (1-2 days) for £2-3 and they ship pre-ordered games a day or two before release. So unless you quantify your impatience with a monetary value you're still getting it a reasonable price.
[QUOTE=TheJoker;36344645]Some of us don't give a shit about stories in games.[/QUOTE] Don't post in a thread about a game if you don't give a shit about it.
My friend said he went to the D3 midnight launch and only one guy was there to get Max Payne 3. They should have changed the release date.
[QUOTE=Jetpack Bear;36345258]Don't post in a thread about a game if you don't give a shit about it.[/QUOTE] I'm sorry but I don't see where I said I didn't give a shit about the game.
[QUOTE=7331;36345118]This is why I hate cod its satirical against all other games like a fucking monopoly. [b]Stupid[/b] kids that's all i can say.[/QUOTE] Fixed.
[QUOTE=Rammaster;36345263]My friend said he went to the D3 midnight launch and only one guy was there to get Max Payne 3. They should have changed the release date.[/QUOTE] They did, only the console version came out on D3 launch so it wasn't much of a contest. [editline]16th June 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=TheJoker;36345269]I'm sorry but I don't see where I said I didn't give a shit about the game.[/QUOTE] You said you don't give a shit about the story in a game. MP3 is a very heavily story-focused, so do the maths here.
[QUOTE=TheJoker;36345269]I'm sorry but I don't see where I said I didn't give a shit about the game.[/QUOTE] You said you don't give a shit about the story. The story is what makes a game, so therefore, you don't give a shit about the game. [editline]15th June 2012[/editline] If Max Payne was random and had no story what-so-ever, just call it cod.
[QUOTE=TheJoker;36345269]I'm sorry but I don't see where I said I didn't give a shit about the game.[/QUOTE] it is a story-based game
[QUOTE=simkas;36345292]They did, only the console version came out on D3 launch so it wasn't much of a contest. [editline]16th June 2012[/editline] You said you don't give a shit about the story in a game. MP3 is a very heavily story-focused, so do the maths here.[/QUOTE] honestly, a lot of console gamers i know were really hyped for diablo 3 as well, they didn't even have computers that could handle it but still bought it
It's kind of fitting for max payne. Think about, in the whole series' life, the games have received great reviews from many reputable and credible reviewers and magazines, yet sold poorly. It's quite sad when a brilliant and original game like this is so undersold while a game like call of duty now is almost yearly rehashed and released to record breaking sales.
This game is and was always going to be a fan service - it was never destined for mainstream appeal. This is also bad news for my Take-Two stocks, but also great news because the price is now going to drop so I can buy some more in anticipation for Grand Theft Auto V.
I loved the first Max Payne wasn't really bothered about the seconde, but I may buy the third when I get paid just to see what it's like.
Dammit, none of the cracks work. I can't try the game before I buy. Plus it's 60 fucking dollars, and I am not going to go on trailers and bribed critic's opinions. I mean why don't games have demos anymore? Bahh... [highlight](User was banned for this post ("Warez" - Asaratha))[/highlight]
i'm not really surprised, I've noticed that i'm always playing with the same people online and very few new ones.
[QUOTE=mysteryman;36345324]It's kind of fitting for max payne. Think about, in the whole series' life, the games have received great reviews from many reputable and credible reviewers and magazines, yet sold poorly. It's quite sad when a brilliant and original game like this is so undersold while a game like call of duty now is almost yearly rehashed and released to record breaking sales.[/QUOTE] Then when those same "reputable and credible reviewers and magazines" give CoD a high score it's suddenly tin foil hat conspiracies. Stop complaining that CoD sells more it sells to a different demographic that overlaps the same audience MP3 sells to.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.