• Minecraft for Xbox 360 'profitable within an hour'
    42 replies, posted
[url]http://www.shacknews.com/article/73743/minecraft-for-xbox-360-profitable-within-an-hour[/url]
Vacation time!
[quote]so the development costs for the game were less than the original[/quote] So... -5 dollars?
Didn't even know it got released. I don't see the point of minecraft on a console. I guess plenty of people do.
[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcYNKsxx6-k[/url]
[QUOTE=sami-pso;35901578]Didn't even know it got released. I don't see the point of minecraft on a console. I guess plenty of people do.[/QUOTE] Possibly for people with not very powerful computers. The embarrassing thing is, the Xbox version will be 10x more optimized due to not being done in java [editline]10th May 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=Indyclone77;35901607][url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcYNKsxx6-k[/url][/QUOTE] One of the commenters said "The Xbox version as of the release is based on version 1.6.6 which WAS LIMITED IN MAP SIZE!!! Oh Gee, did you forget that little snippet of information???*" I don't know if that's true or not since I didn't play Minecraft that early on
[QUOTE=djjkxbox360;35901682] One of the commenters said "The Xbox version as of the release is based on version 1.6.6 which WAS LIMITED IN MAP SIZE!!! Oh Gee, did you forget that little snippet of information???*" I don't know if that's true or not since I didn't play Minecraft that early on[/QUOTE] I can't remember that Minecraft ever had a restirction in map size.
[QUOTE=djjkxbox360;35901682]One of the commenters said "The Xbox version as of the release is based on version 1.6.6 which WAS LIMITED IN MAP SIZE!!! Oh Gee, did you forget that little snippet of information???*" I don't know if that's true or not since I didn't play Minecraft that early on[/QUOTE] Complete and total lie. I want to punch whoever told you that. Infinite maps has been a thing since indev became infdev. In otherwords, pre-alpha.
[QUOTE=djjkxbox360;35901682]Possibly for people with not very powerful computers. The embarrassing thing is, the Xbox version will be 10x more optimized due to not being done in java[/QUOTE] I can confirm this. Runs perfectly smooth.
The Xbox version has map restrictions as large as the map you spawn with in your inventory (not particularly big)
[QUOTE=djjkxbox360;35901682]Possibly for people with not very powerful computers. The embarrassing thing is, the Xbox version will be 10x more optimized due to not being done in java [editline]10th May 2012[/editline] One of the commenters said "The Xbox version as of the release is based on version 1.6.6 which WAS LIMITED IN MAP SIZE!!! Oh Gee, did you forget that little snippet of information???*" I don't know if that's true or not since I didn't play Minecraft that early on[/QUOTE] Version 1.6.6 was unlimited. Version 0.3 was limited. Before infdev, it was limited. But sometime around version 0.3 I think, InfDev got introduced, which was an infinite world.
Every Minecraft community server I was on in the past, we took up huge areas of space to build stuff. Poor Xbox 360 folk.
Someone should port minecraft for xbox to pc it'll have better performance than the current
Well, when moving from the glorious open-source PC to a primitive and restricted console at the end of the current cycle, one shouldn't be surprised if the game ends up somewhat restricted initially.
i thought it was gonna blow no texture packs or mods or anything
[QUOTE=Indyclone77;35901607][url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcYNKsxx6-k[/url][/QUOTE] Wow, I mean even given that it's on a fairly restricted console, that's pretty terrible in terms of gameplay. Limited resources are forever limited; if you mine up all the diamond you can find on your map, then that's it. There's no way to venture forth to find more, which is a major element in the PC version. I'm willing to bet Microsoft restricted how they were allowed to save data, so they couldn't have an endlessly-generating world. What a shame, though, this seriously killed my chances of getting this version.
You don't even need a powerful computer to run MC
[QUOTE=AJisAwesome15;35902353]You don't even need a powerful computer to run MC[/QUOTE] Try run it on a dual core laptop with an nvidia 8600. It can run HL2 on max, but minecraft runs terribly.
I play Crysis with a better, more consistent framerate than I do with Minecraft.
[QUOTE=The very best;35901827]The Xbox version has map restrictions as large as the map you spawn with in your inventory (not particularly big)[/QUOTE] Yeah its limited 1000x1000
A Minecraft without mods? BAWWWW!
Honestly i don't think that the fact you can't generate unlimited map is that bad. But yeah if you run out of a certain resource then you are in shit, unless it can magically be respawned again but in a different stone. I bought this and played some and i enjoy this more then playing on front of a PC. But yeah i can't connect my PC to a TV but if i could i would do that with a 360 controller to it. It isn't terrible but its also not to be praised as one of the best XBLA game. Playing this on the 360 with friends is fuck tons of fun by the way
I actually kind of wish there was an option in the PC Minecraft to make a pre-generated map in limited size, but a size we get to specify of course. At least then it isn't generating things on the fly. It would also allow for more meta-geometry like rivers and lakes and stuff rather than doing things by chunk.
[QUOTE=Qwerty Bastard;35902758]I actually kind of wish there was an option in the PC Minecraft to make a pre-generated map in limited size, but a size we get to specify of course. At least then it isn't generating things on the fly. It would also allow for more meta-geometry like rivers and lakes and stuff rather than doing things by chunk.[/QUOTE] Just having 1 huge map with borders would be more fun for me actually, when there is a unlimited-generated land then i always have the urge to explore and to explore even more because when i find a good spot to settle its always on my mind that a another good spot could just be a few meters away.
ported to iOS and now xbox. Notch is gonna go into hibernation now.
I like how Minecraftforums have made a friend-network thread because there are no dedicated servers :v: Despite already having in on PC, I'd say this was worth it.
[QUOTE=sami-pso;35901578]Didn't even know it got released. I don't see the point of minecraft on a console. I guess plenty of people do.[/QUOTE] The only thing really worth buying it for is splitscreen multiplayer. Which is almost enough for me :v:
I went ahead and got this despite owning it on pc for ages. Sometimes its nice just to sit back and relax and I cant think of a more relaxing game, also I'll be able to play with friends who don't go on pc very often, so thats nice. Also vacation funds.
[QUOTE=Legend286;35902469]Try run it on a dual core laptop with an nvidia 8600. It can run HL2 on max, but minecraft runs terribly.[/QUOTE] Runs like shit on every laptop, although it runs somewhat good on all PCs. I could play it with about 35 fps on my old PC, which had an AMD Athlon 5400+, 2 gb RAM and an NVidia GeForce 6200 TurboCache. Do note that shit is all really old except for the CPU, which is actually pretty good, might even be better than my current one.
Of course this was profitable on xbox, since the thing had adds all over the xbox menu for months before it was released.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.