• 10,000 Entities?
    43 replies, posted
If I even attempted like 200 entities I would probably melt something in my shit computer. I miss Gmod dearly. Hopefully one day I'll scurry up some cash yadiyadiyada....I always do this. Imagine 10,000 bottles all breaking at once or something.
Quick question, because the limit is 10k, does this mean less lag if, say, 1000 objects are on the map? Or is my logic flawed? I seem to think that: If object count is near limit 1000, commence lag spikes ahoy. If object count is below 500, commence a bit of lag. I assume nothing will be changed except for the fact that server won't crash because of players hitting ent. limits
[QUOTE=SSBMX;33158580]Weld them all then dupe.[/QUOTE] That's what I did, because I had no idea there was a stacker tool 2 years ago :v: Hence the strange number. [editline]7th November 2011[/editline] [QUOTE=faggotcracked;33159686]Quick question, because the limit is 10k, does this mean less lag if, say, 1000 objects are on the map? Or is my logic flawed? I seem to think that: If object count is near limit 1000, commence lag spikes ahoy. If object count is below 500, commence a bit of lag. I assume nothing will be changed except for the fact that server won't crash because of players hitting ent. limits[/QUOTE] Just increasing the limit won't decrease the framerate drop with lower amounts of props. Maybe some other related optimization has been done in the update though.
Concrete raaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiin [IMG]http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/entries/icons/original/000/000/010/chorain.jpg?1282949025[/IMG]
[QUOTE=NO ONE;33159169]If I even attempted like 200 entities I would probably melt something in my shit computer. I miss Gmod dearly. Hopefully one day I'll scurry up some cash yadiyadiyada....I always do this. [B]Imagine 10,000 bottles all breaking at once or something.[/B][/QUOTE] [IMG]http://i49.tinypic.com/2gvo3zc.png[/IMG]
Neat gm_apocalypse will probably work again
The limit is actually 32,768 in the beta right now. It's the highest it will go without having to fuck around with other engine stuff. There's other limits on stuff like the max rendererable entities, so we'll have to see how it goes in the beta.
I remember creating scenery for gm_atomic and evocity_2 when suddenly I hit over the limit.
Finally a news site again, hopefully this one will be online for a long time. Make a nice suggestion, are you also doing machinima's that are submited? And I don't mean the crappy wmm onces but the quality machinima's.
10000 citadels... Edit: 10000 chimneys...
[QUOTE=garry;33164843]The limit is actually 32,768 in the beta right now. It's the highest it will go without having to fuck around with other engine stuff. There's other limits on stuff like the max rendererable entities, so we'll have to see how it goes in the beta.[/QUOTE] If I remember right, it's just a few vars that you need to change right? Or is it something different that you had to modify? I'd love to see a blog post or something regarding things about this stuff.
Uhh... We're still getting a lot wrong?
I didn't need that GPU anyways.
[QUOTE=MIPS;33166430]10000 citadels... Edit: 10000 chimneys...[/QUOTE] And still all you need to crash it is one fucking cactus.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.