• Female game developer's $40,892 Kickstarter project goes unfinished, donates remaining funding to Fe
    367 replies, posted
[t]http://i.imgur.com/Q5xVDHT.png[/t] [url]http://archive.today/YICbE[/url] [url]http://archive.today/5z2ow[/url] [url]http://archive.today/mqRQl[/url] [quote]I WANT TO BE VERY CLEAR ABOUT THIS SINCE PEOPLE SEEM TO BE HAVING A VERY HARD TIME PAYING ATTENTION TO THE PREVIOUS UPDATES. ONE : CONTACT ME AT CONSOLEatDEVIEVERdotCOM FROM NOW ON IF YOU NEED TO GET A HOLD OF ME TWO : I CAN'T PAY BACK MORE BACKERS TILL I'VE PAID THE IRS. I OWE THE IRS A LOT OF MONEY. I -HAVE- ALREADY PAID BACK THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS BEFORE MY IRS DEBT BECAME A BIGGER CONCERN, SO PLEASE STOP TELLING PEOPLE I AM TAKING THE MONEY AND RUNNING FOR THE LOVE OF FUCK. MY KICKSTARTER BACKERS HAVE ALWAYS BEEN ABLE TO GET A HOLD OF ME AT CONSOLEatDEVIEVERdotCOM. ANYONE WHO SAYS OTHERWISE IS A TROLL OR NOT PAYING ATTENTION. THREE : I'M NOT MAKING A LIVING WAGE YET (I.E. I CAN'T AFFORD HEALTH INSURANCE, MY HEALTH IS FAILING IN VARIOUS ASPECTS, SO IT'S PRETTY FUCKING IMPORTANT I CAN AFFORD THESE THINGS BEFORE PAYING MORE PEOPLE BACK) FOUR : UNTIL I PAY BACK THE IRS AND AM MAKING A LIVING WAGE, I CAN NOT CONTINUE TO PAYBACK KICKSTARTER SUPPORTERS. PERIOD. END OF STORY. I AM STILL WORKING HARD TO MAKE A LIVING WAGE AND IF YOU WANT TO SEE THIS HAPPEN SOONER, THEN STOP ENABLING HARASSMENT OF ME, AND START SUPPORTING MY PIXEL ART, MUSIC, AND VIDEO GAME DEVELOPMENT. FIVE : SEE ONE ENABLING TROLLS, STALKERS, AND HARASSERS TO BOTHER ME ABOUT THIS VIA TWITTER IS NOT GOING TO HELP ME GET TO A BETTER PLACE FINANCIALLY, SO THOSE OF YOU DOING SO, PLEASE STOP ONCE AGAIN, YOU CAN -ALWAYS- GET A HOLD OF ME VIA CONSOLEatDEVIEVERdotCOM ONCE AGAIN, THAT IS CONSOLEatDEVIEVERdotCOM CONSOLEatDEVIEVERdotCOM [b]P.S. ON A MORE PERSONAL NOTE, I AM NO LONGER GOING BY THE NAME DEVI EVER, SO PLEASE RESPECT THAT AS I HAVE WRITTEN HERE, AND REFER TO ME AS GRACE LYNN. THIS IS NOT AN ATTEMPT TO RUN AWAY FROM MY DEBTS, BUT A VERY PERSONAL DECISION. ONCE AGAIN, PLEASE READ HERE AND RESPECT MY DECISION.[/b][/quote] Update: [quote]This is not a joke. I want this to be over with. People are now organizing a harassment campaign against me, enabling people not even involved in this kickstarter including a stalker who has been harassing me on a daily basis for three years. I have no money to give anyone. I can't even pay for my own medical coverage. I just want this over with. Please sue me. I beg of you. Take me to court. Have this all done. You won't get your money any fucking quicker, but you'll ruin my life just like you want, and we can all be over with this. I just want the harassment to end. I'm begging you.[/quote] tl;dr: Kickstarter project gets funded, doesn't get finished, donates money to Feminist Frequency rather than paying backers back and paying taxes. Now she's playing the harassment victim card and in emotional distress due to the government expecting taxes to get paid.
This is how calm, collected developers handle issues with responsibility. IN aLL CAPS AFTER SOME POOR LIFE DECISIONS
[QUOTE]This is why GamerGate is still a thing.[/QUOTE] I mean, it's probably just outside trolls that are doing this. Besides, she didn't make the game she promised and gave a lot of the money to a woman who is a huge cancer on the gaming community right now. It's not justified to harass her but I can see why people would do that.
what a fucking bitch
"stop harassing me to give back your money!!"
[QUOTE=Svinnik;46623211]I mean, it's probably just outside trolls that are doing this. Besides, she didn't make the game she promised and gave a lot of the money to a woman who is a huge cancer on the gaming community right now. It's not justified to harass her but I can see why people would do that.[/QUOTE] Of course, I don't think anyone that is emotionally invested in GamerGate at this point is going out and harassing women. Either way, she's in the wrong for doing this. Glad there's a focus on ethical behavior though because without #GamerGate still being a thing, this "indie dev" would probably get away with it.
oh man she's gonna get sued so fucking hard she'll go straight
Really a dick move to do that - the people gave money to support your game, not an unrelated video series. Kickstarter should force a refund.
This isn't a game project, it was for a modular effects system for a guitar.
[QUOTE=.Isak.;46623245]Really a dick move to do that - the people gave money to support your game, not an unrelated video series. Kickstarter should force a refund.[/QUOTE] The IRS should come down hard, is what should happen. I mean she had money to pay back her (multiple) debts, and she gave it away. There's a prison sentence somewhere in all this.
Have fun in prison
What do you call a developer who takes money and then doesn't develop (well, if at all)? Personally, I call it fraud.
[QUOTE=Korova;46623173] This is why GamerGate is still a thing.[/QUOTE] I though gamergate was about "ethics in games journalism" and not "things women have done"?
[QUOTE=Gmod4ever;46623276]What do you call a developer who takes money and then doesn't develop (well, if at all)? Personally, I call it fraud.[/QUOTE] I like to call it a reason to change your name to Grace Lynn. READ HERE. RESPECT MY DECISION. [QUOTE=SigmaLambda;46623283]I though gamergate was about "ethics in games journalism" and not "things women have done"?[/QUOTE] Gamergate is permanently tied to Anita. People will label anything that has to do with her as part of Gamergate.
[QUOTE=SigmaLambda;46623283]I though gamergate was about "ethics in games journalism" and not "things women have done"?[/QUOTE] Wouldn't you classify this as an ethical issue? Remember, developers come into the equation also.
[quote]One of the first games I made was about my transition, non-binary gender, & fighting TERFs (Trans-Exclusionary Radical Feminist).[/quote] Do these people live in reality?
Im pretty sure that this leaves Anita up for a lawsuit too.
I'm no expert but isn't that Fraud? She's going to the slammer for a long damn time.
[del]What was the kickstarter for out of curiosity?[/del] nevermind, found it: [url]https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/deviever/console-ii-cartridge-based-multi-fx-guitar-pedal/posts/1071510[/url] [QUOTE=Thomo_UK;46623299]I'm no expert but isn't that Fraud? She's going to the slammer for a long damn time.[/QUOTE] Pretty much.
shit like this is why a large amount of people see feminism as a fucking joke.
How, theoretically speaking, would more "ethics" in games journalism have prevented a woman from reneging on her non-binding agreement to deliver a return to her kickstarter backers? Pls don't get angry this is an honest question.
I thought Devi Ever didn't like Anita, and was supportive of GG? God these honkeys flip flop like a fish out of the sea
[QUOTE=Banned?;46623258]This isn't a game project, it was for a modular effects system for a guitar.[/QUOTE] True, I messed up the title when I started researching the project earlier. My bad. She's still a developer though.
[QUOTE=ZestyLemons;46623303]What was the kickstarter for out of curiosity?[/QUOTE] It was for a cartridge based modular guitar effects system. It was announced failed over a year ago, almost to the day actually. No idea she just decided to up and donate the money when she had financial problems and people asking to pay her back for the failure. There is fiscal irresponsibility, and then there is this.
That was a really fucking stupid decision which is going to bite her in the ass painfully. I feel bad for her but she deserves the trouble that's coming for her. [img]http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd488/Eskilll/suprising.png[/img] Scratch that, no longer feel bad for her. She's lying thief.
[QUOTE=SigmaLambda;46623309]How, theoretically speaking, would more "ethics" in games journalism have prevented a woman from reneging on her non-binding agreement to deliver a return to her kickstarter backers? Pls don't get angry this is an honest question.[/QUOTE] An emphasis on indie developers behaving like professionals would probably result in that. I'd argue that #GamerGate is fighting for that kind of change in the industry. These people are entitled, they answer to nobody.
This really has nothing to do with GamerGate besides the fact that she has "game developer" in her Twitter bio. This has to do with guitar pedals. [B]E:[/B] And the fact that she up and donated the money to FemFreq.
[QUOTE=SigmaLambda;46623309]How, theoretically speaking, would more "ethics" in games journalism have prevented a woman from reneging on her non-binding agreement to deliver a return to her kickstarter backers? Pls don't get angry this is an honest question.[/QUOTE] It wouldn't. However, the whole "GamerGate" fiasco has put a fucking huge-ass magnifying glass on the entire scene of "indie game dev," and it is that magnifying glass that more less ensures that dishonest actions like this will never fade into obscurity. "indie game dev" was more or less a wild west before "GamerGate" shoved it front and center on the media stage. While GamerGate's motives revolve around the integrity of gaming journalism, the catalyst for its appearance was independent game development.
[QUOTE=Korova;46623323]True, I messed up the title when I started researching the project earlier. My bad. She's still a developer though.[/QUOTE] Lets pretend that, magically, we injected 500cc's of "ethics" into "games journalism." How would that have prevented or impeded this lone individual from abandoning her kickstarter project?
Took peoples cash and gave it away and you're refusing to give refunds, then asking people to just respect the decision? THEN you change your name? Mate, you're gonna get fucking devastated in court.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.