• "The Avengers" Annihilates Box Office Records: 200.3 Million on Opening Weekend.
    143 replies, posted
Going to watch it this Wednesday. Now if only the Justice League was in the same level
I guess I'm the only one who thought it was Ok. By no means bad, but nothing special either.
I thought the superhero genre would've been thoroughly milked by now.
For all the movies that come with a huge hype and come to a huge wave of disappointment, The Avengers had a huge hype and actually lived up to the hype. One of the best movies to come out in years.
[sp]loki and hulk scene[/sp] was the best part of the entire movie sat there laughing for 5 minutes [editline]7th May 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=Sanius;35858232]large advertising campaigns[/QUOTE] more like every movie built up to the avengers over like 5 years each ending is like a "hey guys the avengers movie is coming soon come see it, it's going to be [I]AWESOME[/I]"
thank god my friend timmy and i didn't work this weekend; we would have been destroyed in the ungodly influx of customers at our theater
I don't know what was better about the film, the film it's self or Scarlett Johansson's body...
[QUOTE=Wii60;35859176][sp]loki and hulk scene[/sp] was the best part of the entire movie sat there laughing for 5 minutes [editline]7th May 2012[/editline] more like every movie built up to the avengers over like 5 years each ending is like a "hey guys the avengers movie is coming soon come see it, it's going to be [I]AWESOME[/I]"[/QUOTE] That hint hint wink wink thing they kept doing was cool all on it's own
Avatar is worth buying it on Blu-Ray, if you have a very nice TV. The quality and visuals are fucking amazing, other than that, it's eh As for Avengers, I haven't seen it yet, probably will wait on it. I'm not into the super hero shit
[QUOTE=TheTalon;35859586] As for Avengers, I haven't seen it yet, probably will wait on it. I'm not into the super hero shit[/QUOTE] This is clearly not the thread for you.
I'm going in the next hour or so to go see it. I have absolutely no idea what it'll be like :v:
[QUOTE=BigSmokeDawg;35859862]I'm going in the next hour or so to go see it. I have absolutely no idea what it'll be like :v:[/QUOTE] It's like the opposite of The Holocaust.
Going to see this next weekend. The only other movie that I saw leading up to this was Captain America, am I going to be totally lost during this movie?
My friend randomly invited me to come see this with him last Wednesday even though I had never even considered watching it before. I am so fucking glad I went, one of the best movies I've ever seen. [QUOTE=cheetahben;35859909]Going to see this next weekend. The only other movie that I saw leading up to this was Captain America, am I going to be totally lost during this movie?[/QUOTE] The only film I saw beforehand was the original Iron Man, wasn't a problem for me.
Do you guys really honestly think it was amazing? I understand that it's down to personal preference, but to me it seemed like a stock standard superhero film. It didn't do anything new for the genre. What it did do, it did competently (the action scenes were fun). Hulk was well implemented though. That puny god thing and the 'hulk... smash' part were good. Compared to Spiderman or the Nolan Batman movies, it was completely forgettable for me. Well done on the money though, I suppose it's well enough earned. [editline]7th May 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=cheetahben;35859909]Going to see this next weekend. The only other movie that I saw leading up to this was Captain America, am I going to be totally lost during this movie?[/QUOTE] No, the only two things I think you'll get confused about is the villain and its origins (if you don't read Thor comics).
[QUOTE=KingKombat;35857996]Also, you get to see what happens when Thor's hammer hits C.A.'s shield.[/QUOTE] That moment struck me as really un-Thor-like. I mean, if that kind of power is released when the hammer hits the shield, it would have obliterated CA if it had actually hit him. An unprovoked, possibly fatal attack like that doesn't seem like something Thor would do at all.
[QUOTE=Ordigenius;35857734]But, is it really that good, or is it the new Avatar?[/QUOTE] Come on i loved avatar and i know its basically Pocahontas and Atlantis The Lost Empire combined but I still loved it. [editline]7th May 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=sHiBaN;35858445][IMG]http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3hz3yab5V1rusxbqo1_500.jpg[/IMG] [/QUOTE] Yep it was stupid move that they don't bring back Tobey Maguire they would have earned even more money for sure. Another thing that bothers me is that a crapload of people hate on spider-man 3 because of the things like venom dies too fast or emo peter I'd personally say it was equal as spider-man 2.
[QUOTE=7331;35860130]Yep it was stupid move that they don't bring back Tobey Maguire they would have earned even more money for sure.[/QUOTE]None of the Spider Man movies nor the Fantastic Four movies nor the X-Men movies are a part of the current Marvel Movies canon, and so none of those characters will appear as Avengers at any point. Also, Tobey McQuire is no longer Spiderman after the abysmal third movie. That's why they have the new kid playing Peter. Its a complete reboot, even going back to how he had to use the mechanical web shooters.
[QUOTE=Doctor Zedacon;35860193]None of the Spider Man movies nor the Fantastic Four movies nor the X-Men movies are a part of the current Marvel Movies canon, and so none of those characters will appear as Avengers at any point. Also, Tobey McQuire is no longer Spiderman after the abysmal third movie. That's why they have the new kid playing Peter. Its a complete reboot, even going back to how he had to use the mechanical web shooters.[/QUOTE] Yea i guess but i liked the third movie more than 2 -.- oh and please the new guy can go suck on a sock I prefer my spider-man to be un-serious. J. K. Simmons isn't in there either which will probably won't make me want to watch the movie that's for sure.
Holy Fuck x 19^28 I really want to go see this movie now.
Well, I figured this movie was just going to end up overhyped like most movies... But if people on Facepunch, of all places, are praising it, it's gotta be good. I'll go see it the next time I'm off work.
seriously, working at a cinema, this movie has been the bane of my fucking life right now.
The only thing i didn't like about the avengers was the team setup. You have THOR, DEMIGOD, CONTROLS THE [I]MOTHER FUCKING LIGHTNING[/I], IRONMAN, A BADASS IN A ROBO-SUIT MADE OF JETS AND ROCKETS, THE HULK, CAN FUCKING SMASH ANYTHING, and then you get... a guy with a bow and... um... some chick with a handgun.
I was honestly expecting Hawkeye and Black Widow to have a romantic relationship.
I was looking forward to this this movie since I saw Samuel L Jackson at the end of the first Iron Man, four years ago. Over the years, especially in the last six months i've been pumping myself up for an amazing movie. And I can safely say that it exceeded expectations. Already one of my top 5 favourite movies.
I honestly didn't care for all of the movies leading up to The Avengers... I thought that they were all good, but were lacking something. Also, when a new movie gets a huge number at the box office, that doesn't necessarily mean that it is the most watched movie in the box office of all time. Seriously, with ticket prices rising all the time, movies are constantly getting more and more money at the box office. A movie's popularity should be based off of how many ticket sales there are, rather than how much money it made.
[QUOTE=valkery;35860398]I honestly didn't care for all of the movies leading up to The Avengers... I thought that they were all good, but were lacking something. Also, when a new movie gets a huge number at the box office, that doesn't necessarily mean that it is the most watched movie in the box office of all time. Seriously, with ticket prices rising all the time, movies are constantly getting more and more money at the box office. A movie's popularity should be based off of how many ticket sales there are, rather than how much money it made.[/QUOTE] Especially when 3D essentially doubles the earnings in lots of places.
Did anyone see both the bonus videos at the end? The very last one was so totally worth my 9 dollars. I'd say you will have to watch a 2 hour 30 min long preview before you get to see the real thing.
[QUOTE=WaffleCopter;35860476]Did anyone see both the bonus videos at the end? The very last one was so totally worth my 9 dollars. I'd say you will have to watch a 2 hour 30 min long preview before you get to see the real thing.[/QUOTE] ...BOTH? I saw the one that [sp]Reveals that villain dude that my friend tells me is from Fantastic Four[/sp] but I didn't see a second one. Unless I have an awful memory.
[QUOTE=WaffleCopter;35860476]Did anyone see both the bonus videos at the end? The very last one was so totally worth my 9 dollars. I'd say you will have to watch a 2 hour 30 min long preview before you get to see the real thing.[/QUOTE] I've seen the one with [sp]the aliens' aftermath and the alien boss (skrull?) smiling at the thought of Earth being a worthy opponent[/sp] but I think I missed the other one...
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.